Item Shop Redesign / Mockup

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hetfieldy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

simply PERFECT !

gogo Riot!

Frumble

07-07-2011

Rein, I noticed a slight error in my usage of v3. If I have all of the item attribute buttons activated the top items will get blacked out and unable to be seen if I close those attribute buttons.

1ring

07-07-2011

Great work. I'm simply blown away.

Maybe cause there are only 4 of them it isn't worth the effort, but a category for the gold generating items would be great. I use them in like 9/10 of my builds, so it would definitely save some time.

Another feature that would be a life-saver for new champs and experimental builds would having something under the "recommended items" that added up the stats and compared to current build.

boourns

UI Designer

07-07-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Dude... very impressed you took the time to write thoughtful feedback and create a working prototype! As an aside to other posters, taking more time to write your thoughts out and present it constructively *greatly* increases your chance of getting a response (at least from me).

We've thought about a lot of the same things internally when considering a potential redesign of the shop and gone down some of the same paths. As I mentioned in another store thread, the UI designers here would love to see a shop redesign happen, but it is not something we are actively working on right now.

Here is some specific feedback on your concept though:

* Love the idea of the filters that actually show you what items match multiple attributes. Would want to iterate more on the interface layout to make it cleaner with less of a giant checkbox grid feeling.
* There is some tension between filtering and straight navigation with a back button. I would say filtering makes it harder to explore and we might consider improving the browsing metaphor in the current store. Would generally prefer to lead newer players into learning the depth of items in the store by making exploration easier.
* Search button or field is a no brainer. In fact would probably make it always visible and autoselect the input field.
* Personally, I am against persistently showing repetitive buttons. They take up more screen real estate and look busy. In this case it may make sense to show the button on mouse over of the button although I might still have one always visible sell/remove button so that it is discoverable
* I think recommended items and builds are similar enough that they could be consolidated. Build order seems like a potentially more useful concept. Custom builds is something that is definitely on our radar internally.
* Like the duplicate unique item warning
* WTB drag and drop for the adding to recommended items or context menu.

That's just my first impressions, thanks for taking the initiative and posting constructively!

IS129b1d64e4a6452769994

07-07-2011

all check boxes could be always visible
OR make the game remember if sections were expanded or not (even in next match)

Firetalker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

very cool. should be put in game pronto

Sam 3010

Recruiter

07-07-2011

This is incredible. Kudos to you. I am going to incorporate this tool into the League of Legends Wiki as the functionality where it fades off the check boxes when the stats are not shared on an item will help us greatly.

GENOCIDEGeorge

07-07-2011

Upvoting like the fist of the northern star

make it happen riot
make it ****ing happen
holy **** i need this
come on riot, make it happen!

Frink

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
As I mentioned in another store thread, the UI designers here would love to see a shop redesign happen, but it is not something we are actively working on right now.
I haven't seen any UI changes in a very long time, it seems like you are actively working on nothing. I really don't like it when Riot says they are working on "things", but they never say what they are working on.

Edit: Down-voted by a riot fan boy already.

Sytheris

07-07-2011

awesome idea i'd love to see this in a future patch.