Zilean, dropped down to Karma level popularity?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

07-01-2011

So Zilean has pretty much consistantly been in the bottom 5 used champs on the Riot stats site except during free weeks. Why? I think there's a few issues with his design that make him unappealing:

-He only has 3 skills. His W just lets you use his other skills more often.
-His ult is only useful when the fight is even. Reviving someone when you are getting crushed won't turn the tide of battle, they will just die again. If you are winning it won't do anything at all.
-His damage completely falls off late game unless build as an AP carry, leaving him with...a slow. That does no damage. Woo hoo, lots of fun late game for Zil.
-He doesn't babysit as well as other supports. He has awesome early game harass, but has trouble actually saving someone early on if someone tries to gank.

I'm not saying he's bad champ, just a boring one. He needs to be looked at once Kayle is fixed.

JGVariety

07-01-2011

I disagree.

- What's so bad about that ? Double the Slow / Speed and Dual Bombs are pretty fun. (would be best if his Slow / Speed also was 10 seconds).
- Have you seen how much health it restores ? It can revive someone with to more then half health. It's not meant to be used if winning anyways >.>
- Zilean is mainly support with a Revive, and a Slow / Speed Up. His main objective isn't to deal damage since he only has one offensive ability.
- He can save his allies pretty well early game. Slow / Speed the ally or enemy. Perhaps scare them off with Dual Bombs to seal the deal. Also, Ulti.

I'll be honest, I see Zilean played much more then Karma and a few other supports out there as well.

Prometheius

07-01-2011

He has ALWAYS been at that level of popularity. He's the only support champion who RELIES on his team NOT being stupid as all hell.

JGVariety

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
He has ALWAYS been at that level of popularity. He's the only support champion who RELIES on his team NOT being stupid as all hell.
I wouldn't say only. Lots of Champions / People out there have to rely on their team to reach full potential.

Prometheius

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVariety View Post
I wouldn't say only. Lots of Champions / People out there have to rely on their team to reach full potential.
Read support. Janna can at least deal constant AOE damage, stop initiations, initiate, and CC. All without relying team support for max power in fights.

Karma can nuke like crazy while staying alive fairly well. Again, no team support needed on a majority of her skills to activate full power in a team fight.

Soraka can turn herself into a tank and debuff like mad. She can also silence key targets with channel spells. Team wanted, but not an absolute.

Taric stuns, AOE debuffs, AOE buffs, and self-sustains like mad. Also dishes out decent DPS.

Nidalee can deal out crazy damage while healing a lot and poking hard.

Kayle has mad DPS when farmed and can take on people 1v1 easily with her ulti.

Sona just spams. Seriously. Don't even need a team to poke spam then heal up fast while kiting with E.

Morg can utterly cluster-**** a fight with her skills.

And then we get back to Zilean. Q? Low-ass DPS compared to other supports, especially since it has a huge delay and the enemy can actually lower it's damage by just walking AWAY from his allies. W? just makes it so he can spam his skills. E? Good for kiting, but you don't have MUCH to use while kiting anyways, unlike Sona who can fire off her Q every 3.5s. R? That can either save your team/own ass, or your enemies get smart and just CC you until it's over. Or they let you run so you've blown your ulti and are forced to B.

Literally everything Zil does relies on his team not being stupid while hoping the enemy huddle up like morons. He's arguably the worst solo support unless you master last-second ulti. And then you STILL need to pray your ally is smart enough to keep fighting or run at the right time.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Zilean has on of the strongest support ultimates in the game, plus decent burst with his bombs, and obnoxious laning.

If you're trying to imply he's UP, you're a moron. Lack of popularity has NOTHING to do with balance.

GoldDraco

07-02-2011

Anivia is not bad or boring and is one of the least played. She should get buffs too. (sarcasm)

Zilean is amazing. He is one of the few who needs ABSOLUTELY no changes. A more dynamic passive would be nice but it's hardly necessary. Not saying current one isn't good just doesn't really help define zilean. Having said that.

No.

JGVariety

07-02-2011

The only thing I think might need changing for Zilean is to change the cooldown of his Slow / Speed (like I said before) to 10 seconds. It'd be fitting for Rewind. This way, he can double Slow / Speed and Dual Bombs more easily.

Prometheius

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVariety View Post
The only thing I think might need changing for Zilean is to change the cooldown of his Slow / Speed (like I said before) to 10 seconds. It'd be fitting for Rewind. This way, he can double Slow / Speed and Dual Bombs more easily.
You're supposed to max CDR on Zilean. He can already double slow and bomb easily.

It's his over-reliance on the team that needs to get fixed. Maybe give his slow some damage or lower the delay time or CD on bombs.

Because right now, the only way a Zilean can function in solo Q if his team is stupid is if he stacks AP, gets lich, and plays the uber kite lich proc game.

Tabol

07-02-2011

if zilean's not a ap carry...wt do u want to build him..cd...?if cd...why he needs cd skill