Change Nidalee's Pounce Mechanic ?

Yes 203 59.36%
No 139 40.64%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot Poll to change Nidalee's pounce mechanic.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderclock

07-01-2011

it doesn't make any physical sense for a cougar to pounce in any direction irregardless of the direction nid is facing.

Kidscarface

07-01-2011

and even now that same cougar can pounce in any direction irregardless,except it's almost always not in your control/want :/
i'd rather it be like tumble aiming wise,limit her pounce aiming so she can't just pounce backwards if you must,but right now,we got a better alternative and isn't using it imo

Brackhar

Features Designer

07-01-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I made Nidalee's pounce not require a mouse click because I actually wanted all of her cougar forms to not require mouse clicks. I thought that was an interesting way of differentiating her human and cougar gameplay while also lowering the complexity of what is fundamentally one of the most complex kits we have in the game. I also had concerns that if we gave Nidalee a targetable pounce pounce would be really over powered as well.

Helen Keller

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I made Nidalee's pounce not require a mouse click because I actually wanted all of her cougar forms to not require mouse clicks. I thought that was an interesting way of differentiating her human and cougar gameplay while also lowering the complexity of what is fundamentally one of the most complex kits we have in the game. I also had concerns that if we gave Nidalee a targetable pounce pounce would be really over powered as well.
clap clap clap clap clap

DarkDude666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2011

Quote:
Make more champs, i love them

Naraza

07-01-2011

Quote:
Umm, unless I misinterpreted the OP's post, he didn't say he wanted it to be involve a mouse click, but that he wants it to be like Vayne's tumble and go where the mouse is facing.

Shoof

07-01-2011

A smart cast on pounce would be great.

Kidscarface

07-01-2011

i have the utmost respect for you brackhar,you do the best champs and i love them all :3
but really,instead of mouse clicks,if you could at least direct with your mouse the way you want to pounce would be still great imo,limit her pouncing range so she can't just pounce back if it's possible and i think it would be pretty cool and would sort of fix most of the issues pp have with her pounce(at least i hope)

tl:dr = your champions are amazing!,also,make nidalee's pounce targeting work out like vayne's tumble except she can still jump walls and have a limited pouncing range(forward and a bit to the left right maybe)!

Mirror

07-01-2011

Quote:
...I appreciate the goal behind it, but that just made it so Pounce requires like four mouse clicks as you try to properly align to hit someone, or a group of minions, or a wall, etc. ='(

='(

Brackhar

Features Designer

07-01-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naraza View Post
Umm, unless I misinterpreted the OP's post, he didn't say he wanted it to be involve a mouse click, but that he wants it to be like Vayne's tumble and go where the mouse is facing.
Yeah, if we did it I'd not want it to have a mouse click and just be smart cast. That being said, I'd still be really worried about being OP. :x