@Morello, while you're lurking

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabrewylf

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Actually, yes! I think we can get this in the next patch or two - the tech is looking good. While this means a good, solid TF nerf (maybe coupled with buffs, have to see if needed)....this means one very important thing....

Pantheon can be buffed/fixed!
TF will definitely need buffs if you're taking away global porting. Both his range and his ratios are really subpar and only is his port is why he's a great pick atm. Those ratios really need to go up and imo, something needs to be changed to his E so people realize he has to be played AP and not hybrid or AD.

TylerJones

06-29-2011

Quote:
Actually, yes! I think we can get this in the next patch or two - the tech is looking good. While this means a good, solid TF nerf (maybe coupled with buffs, have to see if needed)....this means one very important thing....

bout time

Morello

Lead Designer

06-29-2011
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argari View Post
Morello, any news for Twitch, Galio, Karma, Brand (annie's buffs made him useless), Shaco, Eve, and Mundo?
Twitch and Evelynn need the stealth changes (same as global stuff, but more damaging). Shaco is really, really tough - I love the character and his design, but his early game with jungling + red buff creates similar situations. I agree with Guinsoo - "if Shaco couldn't jungle, we could buff him a lot more."

Brand is fanatastic, and Dreamhack only supports this. Brand outshines Annie in total damage, AOE potential, damage-over-time, and range, and loses in raw burst and AOE disable. I actually think Brand is one of the most properly balanced champions in the game.

Galio and Karma need help, but not as high as a few others.

Quantumprophecy

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
You'd actually consider not giving any buffs to TF to compensate for his gigantic nerf?

Going from a global ultimate to a nocturne range one with no compensation will be a huge dent on him. I know you have way more data than I do (and please correct me if I'm wrong), but TF doesn't seem to be banned in high ELO because of his ability's killing power (which seems rather lackluster for a so-called "assassin"), but because of the utility he can provide teams with his ultra long-range teleport.

Wouldn't limiting said range without applying any buffs effectively mean that he'd end up being a mediocre assassin, at best?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
I think what he meant was we might see some buffs for TF in the same patch, but if we don't they will evaluate him afterwards as people play him and see what he needs. I don't think Morello meant they were just going to nerf him and never get around to buffing him to compensate, I think he just meant chances are they are going to wait for more data to decide what to do with him.

It's different with Pantheon. TF has global, and sees play because of it, because the rest of his kit and numbers aren't to terribly bad with the global. Pantheon on the other hand has the same global as TF, but sees no play because everything is just so low. It's a guarantee that Pantheon will need buffs after the global change because he needs buffs as is. TF isn't in this same situation.

Darmikau

06-29-2011

Shameless ploy since the thread hasn't been noticed:

How did the Ward Jumping discussion go?

IS1495a0c681a6cd1fd6018

06-29-2011

Quote:

what about shen

His ult is kind of a joke now.

malphismia

06-29-2011

I hope you're giving compensation buffs for twisted fate if you're giving him nerf.

Razyy

06-29-2011

Quote:

You suck at balancing.

one day everyone will look back when lol is dead, and see who was the common factor in the horribly POOR thought out balance decisions.

"maybe" coupled with buffs? so you kill a champion and MAYBE u will buff him? just maybe.

why not just delete him? TF was FINE until some high elo dip**** decided map control wuz too op even tho hes a squishy without escapes and actually requires finesse to be played successfully

i just cant believe the "maybe" part... not only you DESTROY a unique champion, you also doubt adding buffs to him? no buff would be enough to compensate unless its RIDICULOUSLY HUGE like having destiny slow, or aoe gold card or 0.8 on wild cards.

edit: @downvoters just imagine if ur main champ most defining feel was taken away forever.

u might experience nerfs on your champs (even if your champ wasnt trash tier and then suddenly lololOP) but i can assure u none of them will destroy a champ defining feel.

imagine ez without the skillshots, but with targeted spells? thats whats happening right now "for the sake of balance".

while zhonyas + gate was already nerfed by the way.... way to beat a dead horse. just remove this champion altogether.

Darmikau

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razyy View Post
You suck at balancing.

one day everyone will look back when lol is dead, and see who was the common factor in the horribly POOR thought out balance decisions.

"maybe" coupled with buffs? so you kill a champion and MAYBE u will buff him? just maybe.

waste of space on this planet
Grow up

Amateur Status

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razyy View Post
You suck at balancing.

What response could you expect from that?

12345678 ... 14