Regarding EU split, where will the servers be located?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phero1

06-29-2011

When I decide whether do stay in EU Nordic + East or to join EU West, the latency(ping) will have a big influence on my decision.

So I'm curious, where are the servers placed?

Thank you in advance.

Phero1

06-29-2011

BTW EU Forums and game is down.

Tamat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

06-29-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We actually can't specifically comment on where our data centers in Europe, but it's safe to assume that things like latency will stay the same or be slightly better. The main improvement that everyone is going to see in Europe is consistency in stability.

Kamlyn

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
We actually can't specifically comment on where our data centers in Europe, but it's safe to assume that things like latency will stay the same or be slightly better. The main improvement that everyone is going to see in Europe is consistency in stability.
Why do we need to ask in the North American forums before we get any decent reply concerning EUROPE? What's happening over there? Tiny staff when Europe supposedly has the biggest playerbase?

Hitchen1

06-29-2011

When is this split?
Or is it now? I just think it's very sudden.

also, to the guy above, forums are dead right now.

NeoLlama

06-29-2011

Quote:

That's some super secret squirrel **** right there

FixEUGary

06-29-2011

Hopefully the EU West servers will be german, they have the strongest servers and it's also found in the center of europe.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

Quote:
I know where they are... Latveria. Doomstadt. You think that Veigar skin was a coincidence?!

YujiUS

06-29-2011

How will you deal with China if Pvp.net can't hold Europe?

Swerto

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamlyn View Post
Why do we need to ask in the North American forums before we get any decent reply concerning EUROPE? What's happening over there? Tiny staff when Europe supposedly has the biggest playerbase?
Because they all live in America, work in America, sleep on an American sleep schedules, and tend to spend more time on .com websites than .uk/.eu