buffed trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trancepticom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2011

I have been playing trundle alot lately and after some time getting used to him, i feel that he deserves a modest buff. His attack damage is ok but i think his ultra should either do more damage or steal more MR and armor, or have a slow on it. He is a fun champ to play but feels a little underpowered, especially when compared to other dps champs. Its true he is more of an offtank, but since his specialization is mainly cc and ccr damage output suffers. He is overall a solid champion and a great jungler but his ultra just doesn't seem to help that much since it mainly makes others more vulnerable, which they can usually wait out. any ideas or opinions?

Dannibal

06-26-2011

Udyr is sorta the same way, he doesn't have an ultimate. Trundle's ult really isn't as bad as it may seem at first, but it's not great. All ultimates are most certainly not created equal, and it's definitely on purpose.

Trundle's at a better spot than most champions in this game I think. His biggest downfall is actually all the flashing going on.

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2011

I hate to sound negative, but you don't play him well. Trundle has a plethora of self buffs that make him incredibly strong especially 1v1 and even moreso 1v1 vs other dps champs. His contaminate is nearly comparable to highlander and his ult makes a lot more difference than you think it does especially in teamfights. It's huge really to squishify and heal off of someone and in certain cases (rammus, malphite, galio) lower their damage too. Practice makes perfect dude.

trancepticom

06-26-2011

you do sound negative when u say i dont play him well and havent ever seen me play but you make a good point, i can use my ult on a tank and have a great buff. doing this on galio renders him basically useless, you're right about that! but on other champs that typically dont buy armor and MR it isnt much (gives you about 10-20 armor and MR), and the damage is so little it works mainly as a ranged last hit on enemies with almost zero health. I guess i'm just used to playing mages with a supernuke ultra ^.^

Pastafarians

06-26-2011

Never really found much use for his ult. The effect is really difficult to notice most of the time.

kavinh the third

06-27-2011

he steals a quarter of their armor/magic resistance and another quarter over a few seconds that's alot plus his q basicly makes him double hit every 4 seconds.

Prometheius

06-27-2011

Ulti tank. Tank is now squishy. Bye bye.

Also, his DPS is scary. Tforce + Wriggle + Ghost Blade = Lots of DPS. Especially w/ a red buff.

He's not weak. I've been able to completely demolish a really fed GP w/ just Tforce + Wriggles + Vamp Scepter just becasue he has so much built-in steroids.

Giltia Zero

06-27-2011

I would like to see Trundles passive get a level up. All things considered, it's a VERY weak health boost in any circumstance.

As it stands, Trundle is a stomper in the jungle, but his jungling requires much more skill than, say, Nunu, Warwick, or Xin Zhao. Trundle's currently in a place where he can only jungle, and only in the hands of a skilled player. I'd like to see him made more accessible to a lesser player, while not buffing his power in any way. Trundle is already a tough Tanky DPS champ. He doesn't need buffs in that area.

But a buff to his passive would make him a more sustainable lane pick, and make his jungling easier on players outside of the 1700+ ELO range.

Khalahn

06-27-2011

Lowering a tank's armor and magic resist by 50% is anything BUT weak, and even a small amount of AP will go a long way for his ult. No, I'm not saying to build him AP, but a Trinity Force and Rageblade are not terrible ideas. Do note that his ult gets a 120% coefficient, so even being near somebody with a Will of the Ancients will add some ok damage.

Sir Longfellow

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancepticom View Post
you do sound negative when u say i dont play him well and havent ever seen me play but you make a good point, i can use my ult on a tank and have a great buff. doing this on galio renders him basically useless, you're right about that! but on other champs that typically dont buy armor and MR it isnt much (gives you about 10-20 armor and MR), and the damage is so little it works mainly as a ranged last hit on enemies with almost zero health. I guess i'm just used to playing mages with a supernuke ultra ^.^
I guess it's because I've been playing Trundle a while, but even on glass cannon champs I notice the difference when I hit someone before and after my ult. Try to wait a little bit before you use it, it gives you health back too. Also, 500 base damage is actually a lot lol. His ult hits twice, there's the initial impact then the DoT and when you add on that it automatically ignores a portion of their defenses it actually does a good amount of damage. And if you find somebody stacking health instead of defenses ult+BC tears them a new *******.

@Giltia: Jungle Trundle isn't difficult o.0 Laning Trundle is hard though, mostly buildwise. Once you get a decent amount of AD/lifesteal/levels in Q you should be straight. I've laned a few times and got raped at first them get my lifesteal and basically ignored enemy harassment. Trundle's passive gives small boosts because a Trundle with armor and MR is hard as **** to kill especially with his ultimate up even in teamfights. I remember one game when a Zhao and Renekton was raping us and a built some health items and atma's and I would be almost dead then my team killed someone (heal) try to still kill me lose another (heal) still trying to kill me, another enemy dead (heal) and I basically just tanked most of their team because I was constantly lifestealing (due to tenacity) and healing with high defense.