Kill announcement/"owned" voice

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Remover

09-08-2009

I was somewhat excited about this game.

It may come as a surprise, and probably sound quite superficial, but I was really turned off by hearing "OOWWWWNED" shouted at me while playing.

The term irritates me to begin with, and I think it is best left as a sort of unofficial slang thing people use to taunt their opponents. Actually embracing it and encouraging it as part of the game is like being forced to listen to nails-on-chalkboard for hours on end.

Secondly,
it's way too "loud" (not in a... i can turn it down via my game volume sort of way... just the sound of it), obnoxious and over the top.

No offense intended, just being honest. It's a big turnoff and I think the game could really do without it, at least in it's current form.

OneSilverBullet

09-08-2009

It's placeholder

And it would be great to be able to turn it up and down in the Options menu, wouldn't it?

The Remover

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSilverBullet View Post
It's placeholder

And it would be great to be able to turn it up and down in the Options menu, wouldn't it?

A hot airline chick whisper saying "legendary!" I could live with...

Henshin

09-08-2009

Actually, I found the exact opposite. Compared to DotA voices, the LoL ones aren't very exciting. I think they should be redone with more... "effort" and sound effects, if you get my picture.

Glyde

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henshin View Post
Actually, I found the exact opposite. Compared to DotA voices, the LoL ones aren't very exciting. I think they should be redone with more... "effort" and sound effects, if you get my picture.
As has been said, these ones are placeholders - To test the system itself, if I'm not mistaken.

OneSilverBullet: Will we be getting the option to choose different types of announcers, like UT?

Gamma

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henshin View Post
Well dota took them from Quake, so its not actually dota voices.

I like the sounds but I think that you should be able to turn them on and off.
Or even be able to make your own, that could be fun

R4M3N

09-09-2009

One thing I think could definitely use attention is how the sounds "stack". When several things that trigger sounds, like "Owned!" and whatever the kill streaks say, they tend to cut each other off. I think either having them queue like the text pop ups do, or having them overlap with a fade out would work well. What's in place now is a little jarring.

balsafresh

09-09-2009

I could definitely do with some Quake style voiceovers. There's really nothing more satisfying than hearing M-M-M-MONSTER KILL and HOOOLY **** after you killa*****. You guys should hire the Powerthirst guy to do your voiceovers (what if everything you ever wanted... CAME. IN. A. ROCKET CAN!!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk

egoyette

09-09-2009

For some reason, I'm warming up to it. Sounds like a bored old wizard playing chess while getting queues on a teleprompter.

Surgery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoyette View Post
For some reason, I'm warming up to it. Sounds like a bored old wizard playing chess while getting queues on a teleprompter.
Trying to picture this made me laugh.