Should HotshotGG be banned for his Livestream Antics?

Yes 40 20.10%
No 60 30.15%
Permanently Banned 36 18.09%
Trollololol 63 31.66%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Tribunal Doesn't Work -Petition to Ban HSGG

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadjo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2011

Instead of trying to counter troll, there is an ignore function in the game. If people are trolling ignore them and move on, the point of this game is to have fun, not to troll people who are trolling you, unless that's the only way you have fun, in which case you deserved to be banned......


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veilius

Senior Member

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkshinter View Post
Just so I understand what you're saying. You want to be treated poorly because you treat people poorly after being treated poorly.

Makes sense.

Also, if you respond in a fashion that is negative and overtly rude in real life to someone that is being rude to you, you're no better. Try doing that in the professional world at a job or at a social gathering. It doesn't make things better.

And for the random quoting of parts of the summoners code and such, lets go with "Lead by example." It's the most pertinent I suppose. Try not being a troll even when someone is being a troll to you. Just because you are protected by rules, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. It's shallow and childish of you to resort to their level of depravity just because you're the target of it.

I never troll a game in response to a troll. My point is if someone starts to cuss me on a game repeatedly and I respond with profanity of my own that is not a justifiable ban. If I responded by intentionally feeding/afking/etc I would understand your point, but showing a little frustration towards someone who is ruining your game? Sorry, no. Not bannable. I would pardon it every time, and not only because it's the RULES.Perhaps I was misleading when I used the word counter troll. I am in every game to win it; I'm very competitive and hate losing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malachi Nnelg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilius View Post
Sorry, do trolls that ruin multiple games in a row not make you angry too? The rules are in place for this exact reason. The tribunal, based on the rules that RIOT posted in the Tribunal FAQ was NOT put in place to punish people who respond negatively towards people who are trolling.

If you chose to ban me than you admit that you did not read and understand who the tribunal is meant to target. I enter every game to play like a team and to win, it's a mindset I refresh between games, it's the reason I take breaks between games to chillax after being trolled and try again. Maybe you aren't stuck in the 1200 bracket where there is a minimum of 2 trolls per team per game.
oh don't worry, I read it alright, I just remember you, it was 10 or 11 games and almost every one of them you had a major rage and anger session where it was spammed down the chat box pretty much flipping off both your team and the enemy team, I remember it well because both my friend and had your case and we were laughing at it on vent about the raging/harassment and un-sportsmanship you showed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arosen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-22-2011

Perhaps you should contact Riot and find out why they banned you and contest it if you feel the ban undeserved. Would make more sense then posting about it on the boards. We don't know why you were banned, and from the sounds of it you are making angry assumptions as to why you were banned. Either way you will get farther contacting Riot then you will posting here about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veilius

Senior Member

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi Nnelg View Post
oh don't worry, I read it alright, I just remember you, it was 10 or 11 games and almost every one of them you had a major rage and anger session where it was spammed down the chat box pretty much flipping off both your team and the enemy team, I remember it well because both my friend and had your case and we were laughing at it on vent about the raging/harassment and un-sportsmanship you showed
For all any of us know, you are trolling right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lineov

Senior Member

06-22-2011

Though I don't agree with HSGG's comments on his livestream and generally take it as he's sometimes being a jack@$$, as I take it he IS respectful to the players while he is In Game. Anything said out of game is not under the jurisdiction of the tribunal (as far as I'm concerned) and to ban his account based on something he says out of game, seems almost like an infringement of his 1st amendment rights.

I understand that he's a role model (Being high ELO and was in the tournament at Dreamhack just recently) and that's no excuse for him to be a **** on the internet, it's also not the job of the Tribunal to moderate what people say online, only their actions in game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

linkshinter

Senior Member

06-22-2011

You said you counter troll. That's trolling a game in response to a troll. Also, you're still jumping up and down and saying "It's the rules, I can be vile if someone is vile to me." Think that over. Then think about the implications of that and of the other rules that you stated you would follow when you started playing this game. Try being the better person and less like the 2 year old that hits someone because they got hit.

Judging by what another person said, who remembered your Tribunal, he made it apparent that you deserved your suspension. "A little frustration" is fine and normal, however if you made it to the Tribunal, it was then voted that you be punished....and then a Riot employee decided to uphold the punishment, this obviously wasn't just "a little frustration" in response to another person.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malachi Nnelg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilius View Post
For all any of us know, you are trolling right now.
really, I am curious to know how, care to explain?

because the way I see it, you got banned, are whining and raging and saying you should be unbanned and then I come along, explain why you shouldn't be unbanned. where is the troll in that?

Or are you just saying I am trolling because I am not taking your side


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilius View Post
You are completely full of it, trolling causes frustration and anger, which will obviously result in hostile return. I give every player 3 strikes of unpleasantness before I begin treating them the same way. This is applying the classic rule of treat people how you want to be treated. If you think that makes me a troll maybe YOU are the one who needs to be banned and not me. When someone walks up to you talking smack IRL do you respond with LOLREPORTED! or do you say stuff back?

Please stop posting in this thread, save the space for people who's opinions are valid contributions. The rules are the rules, your opinion doesn't change that.
I do neither, I ignore them.
(and report them if there is a place to do it.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veilius

Senior Member

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkshinter View Post
You said you counter troll. That's trolling a game in response to a troll. Also, you're still jumping up and down and saying "It's the rules, I can be vile if someone is vile to me." Think that over. Then think about the implications of that and of the other rules that you stated you would follow when you started playing this game. Try being the better person and less like the 2 year old that hits someone because they got hit.

Judging by what another person said, who remembered your Tribunal, he made it apparent that you deserved your suspension. "A little frustration" is fine and normal, however if you made it to the Tribunal, it was then voted that you be punished....and then a Riot employee decided to uphold the punishment, this obviously wasn't just "a little frustration" in response to another person.
All the Riot employee does is make sure that the choice to punish isn't completely irrelevant. They don't look in depth into every case before making their decision, or else they wouldn't have the option to contest a ban in the first place.

Let me form an example for those who seem to be misled.

Troll: Fck you, you're a nagger you need to fk off and die.
Troll: this ***hole took ****ing blue what a noob
Troll: OMG THIS TEAM IS SO F***ING NOOB OMFG

Me: Dude you need to get the **** off this game and uninstall.


7 DAY BAN


123456 ... 8