Clicking Sound - Bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Chadington

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

So i got on today and was like ... oh i am going to play some LoL. But i instantly noticed that something was wrong. My frame rate was lower than usual. On top of that everytime i used a move or someone used an ability there was a clicking noise. here is a video that i made to demonstrate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyXOaknD-Dg ... please look into this.

Quadrasauck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

I have had the same problem. It seems to be a universal bug across every game and character since the last patch.

I see this bug to be a high priority fix considering its frequency and catholic appearance.

I have also noticed the slower frame rate but that may be due to the updated character animations and other graphical updates. I usually play on the lowest settings so fluctuations in frame rate is common and my observations may be invalid.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

04-09-2010

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I've had the clicking since last patch, and I was just going to reinstall, since I assumed it was just me. Anyway, nice job capturing the sound in video form. That definitely helps narrow it down for Riot.

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

04-09-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We're looking into this bug now. It seems to only be affecting certain computers while others are fine, so we are still trying to get to the root of the problem.

Seems like it might be related to framerate, do you guys have any idea of what your average framerate is around when the bug occurs?

Sulnera

04-09-2010

It seems to affect me at any framerate, its just when a skill happens or when a minion dies. I also noticed that im not getting noises from minions dieing and giving me the gold, its not that annoying but i would like to know if i got the minion kill with the little noise :U

sikknastyy

04-10-2010

I fixed my problem by going to video settings and setting the frame rate cap to benchmark, i now no longer hear clicks on gangs ult and etc...

kobr

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikknastyy View Post
I fixed my problem by going to video settings and setting the frame rate cap to benchmark, i now no longer hear clicks on gangs ult and etc...
seems like it help me to

fernian

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikknastyy View Post
YES!! Thank you thank you. It was driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!

Setsuno

04-20-2010

same problem here and also i dont know if there is a connection with this bug but sometimes when i go to shop elixir or consumable in general the game crash.

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

04-20-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

We have a fix for this bug coming in the next patch (woohoo!). Until then, I would follow sikknastyy's advice and switch your framerate mode to 'Benchmark.' If you computer is capable of running the game at a higher frame rate, it should mitigate or solve the problem.