League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   "Piggyback" Champions (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=99653)

Kriptini 04-25-2010 11:05 AM

"Piggyback" Champions

Hey, you know those champions with absolutely horrible early game but amazing mid or end game, like Veigar and Poppy? Well, I was just wondering which champions to choose for them as a lane partner that can give them a "piggyback ride" through early game.

So far I've got:

Blitzcrank (Rocket Grab makes early game easy)
Zilean (Time Bomb harassment means you can farm easily)
Mordekaiser (Amazing ability to push and take hits can help if your lane falls behind)

Anyone else know good champions for this purpose?

Djynn 04-25-2010 11:12 AM

Alistar can "piggyback" such a champion easily.

ANDRETHEGOD 04-25-2010 11:13 AM

Maybe Nasus? I think any champion with a goo AOE nuke may help

Saberin 04-25-2010 11:19 AM

Poppy has a great early game if you play her well, she's tougher to harass than most melee champions and has a few good laning tools.
Veigar is pretty terrible overall, learn to play Annie instead of you like him because she does everything he does better.

That being said, I do understand what you mean about piggyback champions though, for partners for them, you want someone who can harass and keep you alive but won't gimp your farm too bad. If you take Mordekaiser or Sivir, you'll have trouble farming. Instead; go for someone like Alistar who can keep you healed and help you get kills or a harasser who doesn't farm too hard, or farms in a way that lets you keep last hitting like Nasus with his Spirit Fire or Anivia with her various farming spells.

Kriptini 04-25-2010 12:24 PM

So it looks like the list is:

Blitzcrank
Zilean
Alistar
Nasus
Anivia

And thanks for the tip, Saberin. I love Veigar to death because of the way he completely shuts down the enemy's team during teamfights endgame, but his early game is so bad he never gets to that point. =(

Machinas 04-25-2010 12:55 PM

If you read the MFing Cho'Gath, he's built to force feed your carry kills and generally make the enemy **** their pants out of his size.

Kriptini 04-25-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinas (Hozzászólás 1125030)
If you read the MFing Cho'Gath, he's built to force feed your carry kills and generally make the enemy **** their pants out of his size.

The problem is, the MFing Cho'Gath takes solo mid. This thread is about the laning phase for champs with sucky early game.

xahhfink6 04-25-2010 01:35 PM

soraka is a big one, she gives hp, mp, magic resist and armor, and generally takes summoner spells that help in lane. Taric is similar but to a slightly lesser extent, althought really anyone who starts with mana manip or rushes aegis can serve this purpose.

Carados 04-25-2010 01:37 PM

These are traditionally known as "Babysitters."

Kriptini 04-25-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carados (Hozzászólás 1125355)
These are traditionally known as "Babysitters."

Noted.

Blitzcrank
Zilean
Alistar
Nasus
Anivia
Sorarka

I don't know about Taric though, because if the lane falls behind, he's not gonna be able to push it back up.