League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Locodoco's guide to Tristana (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=97124)

Locodoco 04-20-2010 07:13 PM

Locodoco's guide to Tristana

i'm not much of a writer so i just layed out how i believe is the best way to play tristana.if i was too brief with a certain section of a guide,ask and i'll elaborate.feel free to argue,disagree,thumb down,ask questions,suggest alternative builds,challenge me to a 1 v 1,make fun of my second class english.If you're having difficulties beating the other solo(essential part of playing tristana) feel free to ask how,i'll be more than glad to help

how to play tristana 101

PREGAME
runes:armor pen,evasion,mana regen/lvl
masteries:21/9/0
spells:ignite/flash(sure teleport and exhaust are better spells late game but that's not gonna matter cuz if u know wtf you're doing u should have NO PROBLEM owning the other solo mid with ignite flash)
skins: DONT USE THE ****** PINK SKIN IT'S PROVEN TO REDUCE UR DAMAGE BY 5%

INGAME

The Actual Build

items:doran's blade/shield,tabi/merc,infinity edge,green elixar,450gold lifesteal thing,last whisper,negatron cloak*
Early game

skillz:w(u never know if the other team's doing a 5 man gank at lvl 1,be safe not sorry)e,e,w(ur not gonna use q anytime soon so get the maximum mileage out of your early game skill build)e,r,e,q,e,q,r,q,q,q,w,r,w,w

Early Game

1.call solo mid
2.own solo mid(u have health quint,doran,ignite/flash for those of us that can't own mid under this condition there's always jax)
3.gank bot or top
4.get red buff
5.rinse and repeat step 2~4

Mid Game

How to win teamfights
-let the tank engage
-go in after the stuns are used but before the tank is dead
-use ult to put people in an awkward position not to last hit
-use jump ALOT,it resets after a kill or an ASSIST
-chase down low hp heros
-UR NOW A GAME WINNING CARRY

How to win
-Baron(it's always worth the risk,but have wards up so u dont get ganked)
-Ward 4 spots
1.Dragon
2.Baron
3.Thier lizard(if ur getting pushed ur lizard)
4.Thier golem(if ur getting pushed ur golem)

Late Game

WARD ALOT
BUY CHEAP BUT EFFECTIVE DEFENSIVE ITEMS->CHAIMAIL/NEGATRON CLOAK
ALWAYS FIGHT AT UR TOWER UNLESS YOUR PUSHING
ELIXARS AND BUFFS WIN GAMES

Cirno9 04-20-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locodoco (Hozzászólás 1090366)
Early Game

1.call solo mid
2.own solo mid(u have health quint,doran,ignite/flash for those of us that can't own mid under this condition there's always jax)
3.gank bot or top
4.get red buff
5.rinse and repeat step 2~4

This guide would sound a lot better if you didn't assume that the player knows how to play Tristana already. If you went into a bit more detail on how to "own solo mid," or "gank bot or top," I'm sure that people would be able to utilize this guide much more effectively.

Locodoco 04-20-2010 07:33 PM

Owning solo mid against other solos

1.Ashe,Difficulty ###--
With ashe use ur range creeps as a shield from volley
When u have the opportunity jump on top of her than followed up with your dot.(if she has rally don't do this) u don't need to get a kill with this but if u can don't forget ur summoner spells flash and ignite
Dive her before lvl 6 for the kill after you both hit 6 bait out her ult than dodge with flash and finish her

2.Sivir, Difficulty #----
Probably one of the easiest heros for trist to solo
Same technique u use on ashe but use ur dot as soon as u use ur jump(if u do it right u should hit her in mid air)so she doesnt block it with her shield
At lvl 6 bait out her shield first before using ult

3.Karthus, Difficulty ###--
Karth is pretty easy to solo long as u get the early game kill on him.You're stronger than him at lvl 2~3.Try to kill him during that period using the good old jump,dot,ignite and flash technique

4.Annie, Difficulty ####-
Same deal with Karth jump her before lvl 3 and not when she has her stun or when she's a spell away from her stun.Don't fight at 6 you'll lose most of the time just call for a gank or go gank another lane

5.Twitch, Difficulty #----
If he didn't start out with doran's u can kill him at lvl 2,if he has cleanse save ur ignite and use it after he cleanses ur dot

More inc

The Promise 04-20-2010 09:40 PM

You get your LW too late. In the early and mid game, LW is invaluable for pushing towers.

No Frozen Mallet? Seriously? Once Trist has Frozen Mallet unless your Ghost or Flash is up you are going to die if she is chasing you, and even if you do, it's iffy. No to mention that it is very acceptable as your "survivability" item until very late game.

I find Doran's Shield to be just silly on Trist. Why? Because once you get out of early game the Hp5 is negligible, which is the only reason it's better than the Blade anyway. (LS Early is not a good stat.) The Blade on the other hand will continue to be useful until later when you buy a high LS item like Bloodthirster or Malady.

I generally build like this:
Doran's Blade + HP Pot
BF Sword + Level 1 Boots
Mercs or Tabi + Longsword
Last Whisper
Phage/IE (Depending on my need for HP)
IE/Mallet (Again, if I need even more HP, I will go Mallet before IE)
Phantom/Bloodthirster (Here I generally go for Phantom, as the crit is just beautiful with IE, and though the AS is not really needed, it's pretty handy.)
Sell the Doran's. Bloodthirster/Another Survivability Item (GA, Banshee's, and the like.)

Your runes are spot on, as is your Mastery build, though I would say get Explosive Shot first, and just max it fast, grabbing one point in Rocket Jump at level 2, and putting the rest in Rapid Fire until you can get 5/5 in Explosive at level 9. It is invaluable for farming and pushing, as well as harassing stupid champs who sit next to nearly dead creeps.

Edit: Also, Riot Girl Tristana is pro. She's a spaz as it is, as having pink hair pushes her into, "Here come the men in white coats!" territory. =D

Locodoco 04-20-2010 11:28 PM

Trist has more than enough pushing power through bf sword + q and Lw is for late game when it's actually cost effective due to half the team having 100+ armor.(seriously would u rather have ie+elixar or bf+lw?) It says shield/blade for a reason ;D and the reason i dont buy phage(other than it's redundant to buy slow on tristana when she has her jump+red buff) is you want infinity+green pot by 18 minute.Any slower ur wasting the valueable niche u make for yourself of 2~3 shotting heros. At this stage u should have red buff+elixar+infinity edge.1.win a team fight 2.baron 3.wait for your team to rez.4.all mid 5.roll over the other team as they watch helplessly.As for the skill build there's barely any situation where having explosive shot is better than jump at lvl1 and you shouldnt use ur q before lvl 9ish anyways so why skimp out on a skill you use frequently to a skill you're not going to use until later on?

Sheshi 04-21-2010 02:34 AM

How is it a proven fact that Pink Trist reduces damage output by 5%.
-1 for not proving said statement.

teh digi 04-21-2010 05:53 AM

yeah, wtf on the pink skin reducing damage?

The Promise 04-21-2010 08:34 AM

I never buy Elixers. I just don't like the feel of them. I don't like using any kind of duration buff (other than Nashor). I see them as something I start relying on, and when I don't have them I become gimped. I would rather spend the time and gold being self-sufficient and not relying on Lizard and Elixers to get my damage to where I need it. In addition, having IE+Red+Green Elixers is very much an ideal situation. You would have to gank quite a bit to get to that by 18min, which just doesn't fit into my playstyle.

As Trist I pushish their solo for ganking by taking their mid tower, then I proceed to gank and take their top and bottom towers. I just don't play Trist as a klling machine until later in the game. I get my team an early tower advantage, as that gets your team a bigger advantage than getting a huge mid game carry than 4-shots heroes, but gets so thoroughly focused that she can't do anything past that first team fight. It's happened quite often, and its frustrating to be called bad because you are so good in the beginning of the mid-game that you can't do anything after than because you just get trained into oblivion.

I get the early LW for towers, and the fact that I just don't like rushing Infinity. I generally don't get a Lizard buff, as there are a lot of Warwicks right now, not to mention that a lot of other champs get just as much out of it (Stupid Mords thinking they need Lizard), and Mallet is a very good survivability item as well.

As for getting Explosive at 1 rather than Rocket Jump, I just don't see why. Solo First Blood is not easy, and I just don't see Jump making it much easier. Jump is an escape and a chase for me, not a damage ability unless I am laning bot with my friend, so I only take one point in it, because even at max rank, a 15sec CD isn't going to let me use it twice if I am being chased or chasing. Also, with my play style, namely taking towers as quickly as I can, Explosive gets me to towers faster than any other champ in the game, and Rapid Fire then kills the tower.

Different playstyles are different I suppose.

YellowSnowsicle 04-21-2010 08:57 AM

I like the OP's item build. IE -> LW (as main items) are great, and a HUGE damage increase.

Likewise, doran's blade is fail, doran's shield is far better.

I don't agree with summoner spells though. Flash on trist is usually overkill, and a similarly skilled trist running cleanse/ignite or ignite/exhaust will dominate you mid.

The Promise 04-21-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skystream92 (Hozzászólás 1093881)
I like the OP's item build. IE -> LW (as main items) are great, and a HUGE damage increase.

Likewise, doran's blade is fail, doran's shield is far better.

I don't agree with summoner spells though. Flash on trist is usually overkill, and a similarly skilled trist running cleanse/ignite or ignite/exhaust will dominate you mid.

Doan's Shield is fail past level 8. Doran's Blade is not nearly as good early game, but the fact that its use continues into later in the game will have me sold on Doran's Blade over Doran's Shield on Tristana forever.