League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Art Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   no ability sounds (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=943670)

Hiit 07-09-2011 12:57 AM

no ability sounds

ok so i have sound when i open LoL. everything seems right until i get into game and try to play. my abilities dont make their sounds anymore, other players abilities dont make sounds, the shop doesnt make a sound when i buy something either. all i hear is the announcer and my champs voice.

anybody have the same problem or know how to fix it? i tried uninstalling and re-installing and that didnt work :/

BaByApp 07-09-2011 03:25 AM

same here, seem like some of sfx disappear like ability sound, ping soung, etc.

jaywatford 07-09-2011 12:53 PM

Hey guys,

When did this problem start? Has it been like the for a while or did it start with this last patch? Also, is the music working? This info will help us track down the problem.

Thanks!

MetalGrunt 07-09-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaywatford (Hozzászólás 11165539)
Hey guys,

When did this problem start? Has it been like the for a while or did it start with this last patch? Also, is the music working? This info will help us track down the problem.

Thanks!

the music works, but either

A. the ability sounds are really quiet
B. there is no sound at all

I think it started happening about 3 days ago

z0rs 07-09-2011 01:31 PM

This has been happening to me since the Yorick patch. Sounds seem to have a start location and they are anchored there. When I can hear a sound effect clearly, if I move my camera even just the tiniest bit to the left or right the sound gets very muffled.

Tandria 07-09-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z0rs (Hozzászólás 11167092)
This has been happening to me since the Yorick patch. Sounds seem to have a start location and they are anchored there. When I can hear a sound effect clearly, if I move my camera even just the tiniest bit to the left or right the sound gets very muffled.

I notice this with champion taunts. If you move your champion while they're speaking, it finishes off the sound as if you're standing at the origin, and gets really quiet as you move away.

And that's been that way since I started...

Jixson 07-09-2011 02:40 PM

Did you install a new announcer by chance? I know that the last time I tried to do it I go weird noises from champions not in the game, or no noises.

Risqtish 07-09-2011 03:16 PM

Only installed the patch, and since then I get:

No sounds from shops
No sounds from abilities

But I do get
Champion noises i.e. auto attack grunts, jokes
Announcer voices
Music

EDIT: Repair is your best friend <3 all working again

Infectious 07-09-2011 04:37 PM

This has happened to me for as long as I can remember.
I can sometimes remedy the problem by: Unplugging my headset, disabling in-game sound, plugging headset back in, re-enabling in-game sound.
This doesn't always fix it, but it has fixed it on multiple occasions.

I'm not too sure what's going on.
As z0rs has mentioned though, you can hear some sounds, but if you move the camera even an itch, it becomes very faded, muffled or goes away entirely.
It's quite a bothersome bug.

MWT Applejack 07-09-2011 08:12 PM

Mine is a smiliar problem! it started as soon as this new patch(where my video setting got all reset and i had to fix it) I cant hear any of thejungle creeps noises! nor can i hear the splatter truncdle makes when he wahcks them with his club! most of the other sounds work though i guess except maybe when minions fight(untested since i mostly jungled since the patch).