League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 13

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Urf Memorial Contest Winners are in! Urf Day Proceeds go to Save the Manatees! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=92502)

ByronicHero 04-13-2010 08:54 AM

Urf Memorial Contest Winners are in! Urf Day Proceeds go to Save the Manatees!

Well, summoners, your long wait is over. The committee of Riot has met, and we have rendered a decision. But before we announce the results, there are a few caveats, and I'd like to say a few words about Urf.

So, we had originally announced our intention to issue one winner of the memorial contest. Little did we know, however, that in a little more than 24 hours, we would have received over 800 contest entries, including 398 poems, 130 pieces of artwork, 74 memorial videos, 20 recorded songs, and 150 other entries, including flash games, eulogies and short stories.

Over the course of the day, a record breaking number of people visited the League of Legends forums to pay their respects to the passing of Urf. If he were still with us, this noble manatee would be truly moved by the unparalleled outpouring of affection he received.

Urf Proceeds to Benefit Manatee Conservation

While we knew that Urf was pretty fantastic, there was no way for us to possibly foresee the level of community response Urf's death would garner. You were moved by the tragedy of the event, and so were we. We were so moved, in fact, that we wanted to guarantee that Urf would live on in the hearts and minds of everyone as a champion of all manatees.

And so, to help ensure that no sea cow shall have to suffer the same fate as our poor, beloved Urf, all the proceeds generated by the sales of Urf’s skin on Urf Day have been donated to the Save the Manatee Club. And given that over 15,000 Runeterrans chose to celebrate the memory of this majestic marine mamal in style by sporting their very own Urf suit, that’s no pocket change! Even in death, Urf’s indomitable spirit endures to help his fellow sea cows in their hour of need! If you’re interested in learning more about Save the Manatee Club visit: www.SaveTheManatee.org.

And the winners of the Urf the Manatee Memorial Contest are…

And so, without further ado, allow me to present the winners of the Urf the Manatee Memorial Contest. Now, brace yourselves, because there’s a lot more than one of them. There were so many people whose efforts we wanted to recognize that we created six different categories and selected winners from each. These winners fall into three reward tiers. Grand prize winners will receive 5,000 Riot Points along with the obligatory “Friend of Urf” forum title, Runner Up winners will receive 2,800 Riot Points and, naturally, a “Friend of Urf” forum title, and Honorable Mentions will have to content themselves with just receiving their “Friend of Urf” forum title. Can I get a drum roll, please?

Song

Artwork

Lyrics

Video

Poem

Other

Rest in peace, Urf! Your deeds will always be remembered!

Sylph 04-13-2010 08:55 AM

Congratulations to all of the winners and participants.

TwoFatNuts 04-13-2010 08:55 AM

O wow

Congrats winners!

R.I.P. URF

:'<

(cant believe omni and cacti didnt win video....)

Timlankey 04-13-2010 08:57 AM

Nice, Congratz to everyone who won...I enjoyed a lot of these.

RIP Urf.

Foggles 04-13-2010 09:04 AM

Oh wow - definitely some upsets in the video section. Grats to all, and may Urf continue to be in our memories.

Larias 04-13-2010 09:05 AM

Congrats!

Quae 04-13-2010 09:13 AM

Congrats to everyone! :3

Also, Riot, you rock for donating proceeds!

sirjj 04-13-2010 09:14 AM

Gratz

Omnizoom 04-13-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts (Hozzászólás 1031173)
O wow

Congrats winners!

R.I.P. URF

:'<

(cant believe omni and cacti didnt win video....)

nvm what i said... i dident see omnibus in the videos thing... yea my flash animation wasent done in time and i didnet want to submit some half done thing to newgrounds...

PriceIess 04-13-2010 09:42 AM

LMAO The video winner is just epic!!