League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to use clairvoyance effectively? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=889739)

Hyetal 06-24-2011 04:39 AM

How to use clairvoyance effectively?

I normally play Sona so I take Clarity/Clairvoyance; I had read in some guide somewhere that everyone will love you if you take cv because then you're just a super support beast.

How can I use Clairvoyance effectively? What are some tips on where to place it so it's actually useful?

Can the enemy see the eye when I activate it?

Normally I use one on the enemy's main camp a couple seconds in to see who's going where. And when I'm laning and Warwick's trying to be clever, I put it in the bushes so Ashe or whoev can shoot him from here.

When there are MIAs, where should I be looking? For ganks in the bushes on mid? Or back up the lanes to see if they're piling up for a push? Baron? (Maybe not baron at level 9, though.)

s00Perdr4g00N 06-24-2011 04:59 AM

Basically, what I do when I take clair is in the begining after about 10 seconds I clair their fountain so I can see whos in what lane. I clair blue shortly after if they have a jungler. If they have a jungler, around 4 minutes in I clair red. Whenever there is a MIA (example - xin mia top) I will clair in the river or where I think hes going to gank, if hes going middle, I might clair the bushes in middle, or just the path of the river to be sure. Its basically a scouting tool for setting up ganks, and avoiding ganks from MIAs. Sorry If I don't make much sense, but I'm just telling how I use it

Doctor Tam 06-24-2011 05:55 AM

Yeah, mostly early game you use it to stalk junglers. This way you can get a rough idea of what lane needs to back off before they get ganked. Later on, its used to fill in holes in your warding (you still need wards). Its also good for checking bushes if your unsure of what's in there (like a ward at baron runs out, you should check the path to baron so that whoever goes to ward doesn't get ganked).

Fluffy1 06-24-2011 06:15 AM

another great use of it is when a fight in the jungle breaks out, drop it directly on top of the fight. your team can now see the enemy through bushes and around corners so they cant juke while your team can also use the brush while they cant. it also allows your team to see where their reinforcements are comming from of any assassins sneaking up on your carries.

Trauron 06-24-2011 06:49 AM

There's a lot of thinking that goes into using Clairvoyance, it really involves you to think about their team comp and what their strategies are like to decide where to place it. Something that helps me is when they are all MIA but one person is somewhere in a lane but leaves it to go somewhere else like the woods. I've made whole teams appear by CVing the woods in a situation like that before. Later game I often use it for the woods or river when I think there might be a gank going onto a few partners who are split pushing or are by themselves for some reason. Other good choices are Baron and Dragon. Considering it has a 40 second (or so) cool down with the mastery, it can really save people's asses, knowing where **** is.

IlfirinVelca 06-24-2011 07:01 AM

if your team is pushing a lane, CV the bushes/jungle nearby to make sure a gank isn't immanent. Every time dragon come up, especially if they have a jungler, use it (though wards should be bought for this, especially with a jungler present. Never face check a bush again, always CV it. As someone said, CV the enemy fountain early to get an idea of enemy team items/lanes. Anytime there's an mia that could be dangerous, find them. Note:make sure to get the mastery if you are running with CV, it's priceless. Play around with it so you know it's uses. It can usually be used on a wall in the jungle to see both sides. If you see an ally running through the jungle (cuz you're always watching the minimap right? you have to as CV support), CV the area ahead of them to make sure they're safe. Remember to ping if you find anything since they may not be paying attention. When a buff comes up, use it to both: set up a gank on the enemy jungler/whomever tries to take it, and also just to dissuade them from taking it, hopefully throwing off their jungling. Like the above post said, use it in bushes. Especially if, for instance, you have a melle ally (such as Yi) chasing a low health enemy, and you see them headings towards bushes, CV the bushes, and Yi won't lose targeting on them. Early game, you pretty much ALWAYS want to use it if a lane is pushed past river and theres ANY enemy champs mia. Always. This should be the primary use during laning. So much of their early game will be shut down by this. Again, get the mastery. As a super support beast, you should prolly have 21 in utility and have reduced CDs for your spells as well as the CV mastery. As for the buffs/dragon/baron, if the enemy jungler is really good, CV just after the mob spawns, maybe 2-3 seconds after, otherwise, wait a bit longer. Generally, try to gauge how quickly you see them getting to something after it spawns, and eventually you should know their route(s) well.

TL;DR:
Bushes in lanes
Deny/track jungler
Bushes near teamfights
Find the mia!
Red/Blue/Dragon/Baron (just after spawn, depending)

Hyetal 06-24-2011 07:28 AM

All good tips, thanks. :D

I'm not 30 yet so I don't have all my points available for masteries; but I DO have the traited CV (or whatever the term you like is)

And yes, my eyes spend a lot of time on the minimap. >O (I'm so pro)

malphismia 06-24-2011 11:07 AM

1) Clair their fountain after a few seconds to see their items and lanes.

2) It's radius is large enough to cover 2 jungle camps. So never clair right on top of golem camp, but clair between golem and wolves, for example.

3) Throughout the laning phase, continuously clair the enemy jungle. This lets you know where the enemy jungler is, but it also resets the jungle creep sign on the minimap. When that creep camp respawns, the symbol will appear on the minimap, so your jungler can counterjungle. Without having a champion view a creep camp or clairvoyance, you can't reset that minimap symbol.

4) After awhile, team objectives will become important. Instead of clairvoyancing Lizard + Wraithes or Small golems, you should clairvoyance in between Lizard + Dragon. You can also clairvoyance between Lizard + Baron, to ensure they aren't taking those.

5) Lastly, use Clair as a scare tactic. When you're taking a tower and they're running to you from base, Clair a little in front of tower, they might be scared to go to defend tower knowing you know they are coming. Use Clair to scare Amumu or Fiddle away from the bush they are trying to initiate from. Etc.

YurdleTheTurtle 06-24-2011 04:02 PM

There's a lot of good tips so I will not repeat them, except for a couple things missed.

You asked if enemies can see Clairvoyance being used. Yes, they will see the eye/light, although sometimes this can be used to your benefit to scare people off from ganks. Just remember that once it goes out, everything's back to normal. It can delay a gank but it will not stop them from coming back once it ends.

Secondly, remember that while Clairvoyance can see through brush, it does not need to be placed in the brush to actually see through it. So feel free to maximize the radius given by placing it 'properly' rather than all the way to the side.
Also remember that Clairvoyance's will not see through an entire brush, only the area that is within it's sight radius. In other words, if you use it and it can only reach half a brush, the remaining half is not revealed.

Lastly, it has a very short cooldown. Keep on using it to keep tabs on enemies. It is not a replacement for wards though.

P.S. Clairvoyance does not reveal invisible units.

CritFromTheBong 07-23-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YurdleTheTurtle (Hozzászólás 10476317)
There's a lot of good tips so I will not repeat them, except for a couple things missed.

You asked if enemies can see Clairvoyance being used. Yes, they will see the eye/light, although sometimes this can be used to your benefit to scare people off from ganks. Just remember that once it goes out, everything's back to normal. It can delay a gank but it will not stop them from coming back once it ends.

Secondly, remember that while Clairvoyance can see through brush, it does not need to be placed in the brush to actually see through it. So feel free to maximize the radius given by placing it 'properly' rather than all the way to the side.
Also remember that Clairvoyance's will not see through an entire brush, only the area that is within it's sight radius. In other words, if you use it and it can only reach half a brush, the remaining half is not revealed.

Lastly, it has a very short cooldown. Keep on using it to keep tabs on enemies. It is not a replacement for wards though.

P.S. Clairvoyance does not reveal invisible units.

This kind fellow filled in all the tiny cracks that the other people missed.