League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hard Mechanics Question (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=87350)

Doctor Awesome 04-05-2010 03:17 PM

Hard Mechanics Question

Here's a collection of hard, ambiguous, or otherwise obscure mechanics questions, just to fish for answers. Some of these I don't know, some I have a guess, and some I'm pretty sure I know but want a solid answer to for the benefit of other players. Try these on for size:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do Heimerdinger's Turret shots actually count as attacks?

Kassadin's passive says it converts the prevented magic damage from spells to attack speed. What's the ratio on this conversion?

Does Void Staff let you ignore 40% of tower's magic resist?

Answered Questions:

How exactly does Jax's Leap Strike deal damage? (Contributed by CooLTanG)
A: It deals a physical attack, as well as additional magic damage on hit.

Does the improved healing passive from Spirit Visage improve lifesteal?
A: No, but it might in the future. (Thanks Zingmaster)

Does Magic Penetration and/or Void Staff benefit Heimerdinger's Turrets?
A: No, they don't. (Thanks to Klouth)

Does Atma's Impaler actually set up an infinite but decaying damage-HP loop on Jax?
A: Yes. (Thanks psilicon)

Is the AP from Ryze's Desperate Power affected by Zonya's Passive?
A: Yes. (Thanks Babbits)

Do Towers keep shooting you if you "phase out" with Zonya's?
A: Yes, but their damage does keep stacking--that first hit after you get out will be a doozie. (Debated)

If Karthus dies, purchases a Mejai's Soulstealer, then casts Requiem and gets a kill while still in Death Defied, does he get stacks?
A: Yes. This also makes you a total badass.

If Gragas uses an ability while he's still healing from his passive, does the heal effect refresh or stack?
A: Refresh. (Thanks andracen)

Is the on-hit damage from Madred's Bloodrazors and/or Wit's End affected by Magic Resist? What about reflected damage from Thornmail?
A: Wit's End is true damage, which can't be reduced. The others are affected by MR. MPen will circumvent this. (Thanks to Babbits, Talamare)

Can Zilean cast Chronoshift on Shaco clones or Mordekaiser ghosts?
A: Champion-only spells work on Shaco's clone, to aid the illusion. They don't work on Morde's ghosts. (Thanks to Eiko)

Aura items can stack for the wielder (if you have a Stark's, your ally's Stark's will also buff you.) Does this allow a Shaco with a Stark's to "double-dip" with Hallucinate?
A: Yes, but Stark's doesn't for no reason in particular. (Thanks to Babbits, Kajitii)

Does Spirit Visage affect Fiddlesticks's Drain or Warwick's Hungering Strike?
A:
Yes - all healing other than on-hit % lifesteal is effected. Warwick's passive is also effected, since it isn't technically lifesteal, he's just healed with every attack.
(Thanks to SlyGoat)

Does Haunting Guise's Spell Vamp work with Heimerdinger's Turrets, Sunfire Cape, Tibbers's burning aura, etc.?
A: Nope, only spell damage. It does, however, work with Deathfire's Grasp. As a rule - anything that works with Rylai's works with Haunting Guise, and anything that doesn't, doesn't. So, for example, Singed's poison is effected, but Teemo's poison (his on-hit poison) isn't. (Thanks to SlyGoat)

Does Spirit Visage affect the Spell Vamp on Haunting Guise?
A: Yes. (Thanks to SlyGoat)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anybody posts a satisfactory answer, I'll add it above; if anybody posts another question to add, I'll add that too. Here comes the science, hopefully.

andracen 04-05-2010 03:30 PM

Atma's HP bonus is an extra damage on hit. It doesn't give you AD. It doesn't start a cycle. (Nor would the game likely recognize and follow a cycle to convergence).

According to my friend who plays Heimer (hundreds of games) Magic Pen is only useful for his nukes. Makes a big difference vs AP due to tower damage.

Gragas, last I saw it refreshed it.

Karthus, yes he gets stacks while dead, I believe a red commented on that somewhere.

killsteel 04-05-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andracen (Hozzászólás 970839)
Atma's HP bonus is an extra damage on hit. It doesn't give you AD. It doesn't start a cycle. (Nor would the game likely recognize and follow a cycle to convergence

Yes it does give AD and start a cycle with Jax's passive. It diminishes into decimals that get rounded at some point.

Babbits 04-05-2010 03:56 PM

Ryze's desperate power AP boost is affected by zhonya

towers will continue shooting, and their attack bonus applies. zhonya makes your champ invincible, but it does not cancel attacks

no turret attacks do not count as heimer's attacks. same goes for kaiser's ghosts and shaco's doubles and jitb

madreds, thornmail, witsend, sunfire cape, etc. are affected by magic resist, which can be countered with magic pen

chronoshift must target a champion

shaco can doubledip

Doctor Awesome 04-05-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psilicon (Hozzászólás 970997)
Yes it does give AD and start a cycle with Jax's passive. It diminishes into decimals that get rounded at some point.

That's what I thought. I'll add it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbits (Hozzászólás 971023)
Ryze's desperate power AP boost is affected by zhonya

towers will continue shooting, and their attack bonus applies. zhonya makes your champ invincible, but it does not cancel attacks

no turret attacks do not count as heimer's attacks. same goes for kaiser's ghosts and shaco's doubles and jitb

madreds, thornmail, witsend, sunfire cape, etc. are affected by magic resist, which can be countered with magic pen

chronoshift must target a champion

shaco can doubledip

Excellent, but my question with Dinger's Turrets count as attacks period, or if they count as spells. Nonetheless, I'll add the answers.

srcrackbaby 04-05-2010 05:00 PM

i dont know about chronoshift, but i do know that poppies ultimate can target shacos clones or mordekaisers ghosts.

TogTogTogTog 04-05-2010 07:04 PM

I've played Karthus, had a Mejai and died, casted his Requiem and not gained any stacks.

Also, Mord's ulti can be cast on targets with Zilean's Revival; or the Endless Rage buff; or Anivia's egg, and when they 'die' you gain the clone even though their health has reached 1.

If Blitz grabs a target that is teleporting (summoner spell) he can pull them right back regardless of where they are on the map.

If you have a character that can skill-flash out of bushes in just the right way, he goes invisible until re-entering a bush.
Shaco copies items. So if you stack sunfire capes, his clone also hits for 40/80/120/160 etc. damage a second. Same for Guardian Angel. Also sunfire capes don't break you out of stealth, so stacking them on say Eve is fun... as is timebombing with Zilean as it still doesn't break stealth.

Shen can teleport to TF who can teleport anywhere on the map for a cool insta-teleport. Combine this with a double Zilean time-bomb for epic damage.

Zingmaster 04-05-2010 07:35 PM

spirit visage atm does not affect lifesteal, but i believe guinsoo commented that the difference would be negligible so in the future it might.

And i came into this thread expecting answers to be about blood flow, and calling doctors after four hours.

AzuuCookie 04-05-2010 07:40 PM

Weird interactions between Jax and Rally allows him to regain buttloads more hp than he should through it. Methods upon doing so is up to you to figure out.

Commence the era of rally Jax users

Doctor Awesome 04-05-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zingmaster (Hozzászólás 972441)
spirit visage atm does not affect lifesteal, but i believe guinsoo commented that the difference would be negligible so in the future it might.

And i came into this thread expecting answers to be about blood flow, and calling doctors after four hours.

?????

Your arcane humor is lost upon me.