League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ezreal, The Prodigal Sharpshooter (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=83987)

Thome 03-31-2010 01:43 AM

Ezreal, The Prodigal Sharpshooter

Ezreal, My Prodigal Sharpshooter

*****Last Updated: 4/29/2010****

First of all I want to claim that I play ezreal as a mainly Physical damage dealer. He can output heavy physical damage throughout the game, starting around level 3-4. I really enjoy this way to play ezreal, and I am usually a major threat throughout the game. Before people start flaming that "ezreal is meant to be a magic damager..." I do not disagree, he CAN be played as an AP built champion, but I find him as much more of a support character in that respect instead of a carry. An AP spec is viable, but this guide is merely an Attack Damage guide, since I did not see one posted.

Without further ado this is my Ezreal guide:
I. Stats / Basic Ability Summary
II. In Game Ability Leveling Order
III. Runes
IV. Masteries
V. Summoner Skills
VI. In Game Item Build
VII. My Thoughts on Strategy

I. Stats / Basic Ability Summary
Note: These stats take into account my personal testing. Using my runes/my masteries at summoner level 30.

Level 1 Stats:
Health: 430hp (Its not much life... so watch what you are doing.)
Mana: 280mp (Mana is pretty low for someone who uses spells fairly often.)
Move Speed: 305 ms (the +5 recent buff is nice, adv over teemo and ashe early)
Armor: 15
Spell Block: 30
Crit Strike: 3%
Health Regen: 1.1
Mana Regen: .9

In Game Abilities

Passive: Rising Spell Force - Hitting a target with any of Ezreal's abilities increases his attack speed by 15% for 6 seconds (Max Stacks: 5). (This is VERY good on AD build)

Q: Mystic Shot - Ezreal fires a bolt of energy, if it strikes it reduces all of Ezreal's cooldowns by 1 second. Damage dealing 40/65/90/115/140 plus 100% of his attack damage as physical damage (applies on-hit effects). (This is your bread and butter with this build. Make sure it hits the enemy champions/minions you wanna target.)
Note: This hits minions and champions... does not travel through minions!

W: Essence Flux - Ezreal fires a fluctuating wave of energy, damaging and reducing enemy champions attack speed, as well as healing and increasing allied champions attack speed. (this is a support move for this build/very nice harass move early on)
Note: This will travel past minions doing 0 damage, but hit friendly champions as well as enemy champions along the line of travel!

E:Arcane Shift - Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow which strikes the nearest enemy unit. (This will set up your mystic shot and essence flux. If you time it to tele to an enemy it will shoot them, mystic will hit and then essence flux can finish them if u havent already killed. All 3 of these stacking your passive auto attack)
Note: hits closest enemy champ or minion.

R:Trueshot Barrage - Ezreal channels for 1 second to fire a powerful barrage of energy missiles which do massive damage to each unit they pass through (deals 8% less damage to each unit it passes through). (Use it to gank dummies standing on turrets across the map, use it mid team battle, use it down a lane to kill a running enemy. Its powerful, but take into account everyone mitigates some magic damage. It travels the WHOLE MAP in the direction in which you shoot it!)
Note: It hits champions, minions, and any other neutral monster. Your passive will be at 5 stacks when you use it (most likely) so use it to your advantage. mmm 75% faster attk speed.

[B] II. In Game Ability Leveling Order
1. Q (ms-1)
2. W (ef-1)
3. E (as-1)
(You now have your arsenal of spells to gank)
4. Q (ms-2)
5. Q (ms-3)
6. R (tb-1)
(You can get someone to 200 life... and when they run you can now R down the lane)
7. Q (ms-4)
8. W (ef-2)
9. Q (ms-5:MAXED)
10. W (ef-3)
11. R (tb-2)
12. E (as-2)
13. W (ef-4)
14. E (as-3)
15. W (ef-5:MAXED)
16. R (tb-3:MAXED)
17. E (as-4)
18. E (as-5:MAXED)

III. Runes

Runes Help... So don't be an idiot and just think to buy them later. The benefits are very very helpful. Especially early game on ganks.

Red: +1.96 armor penetration (x9) or +0.93% critical chance (x9)
Don't mix and match. Pick either way. I prefer the armor pen, but a lucky crit is never a bad thing.

Blue: -0.65% cooldowns (x9)... this is crucial.

Yellow: +0.75% dodge (x9) or +1.51 armor (x9)
Again don't mix. Both of these will give you a slight defensive edge.

Quint: +32.4 health (x3) Why not take the extra 100 life. You need it.

Afterwards my rune set gives me:
+18 armor penetration (making some champions armor 0 in the beginning)
-5.85% cooldowns
+6.75% dodge
+97.2 Health

IV. Masteries

21/0/9

Offensive:
Deadliness:3
Archmages Savvy: 1
Cripple: 1
Sorcery: 4
Archaic Knowledge: 1
Sunder: 3
Offensive Mastery: 1
Brute Force: 3
Lethality: 3
Havoc: 1
(If you prefer ignite over exhaust exchange cripple with burning embers.)

Utility:
Good Hands: 1
Perseverence: 3
Awareness: 4
Meditation: 1

V. Summoner Skills

I have my own very strong personal opinion on this subject. Some people say... "FLASH ON EZREAL... LOLZ NOOB" later to get owned by a quick flash + arcane shift and you are behind them and owning their face. You can go from an unseen ezreal to killing someone very very far away from you. Very quickly. That being said I suggest using...

1. Flash is a must. You can escape with it in addition to arcane shift or you can gank with it. Catch runners etc.
2. Go with exhaust or ignite and set your masteries accordingly. I prefer exhaust most of the time, but ignite is very helpful in team fights, vs mundo esp. or to help gank early. And with the mastery the 10ap for supplemental abilities is neato.

VI. In Game Item Build

My item build that leads me to victory every time.

Starting:
1x meki pendant
2x health potions
( you need the mana regen badly early on... and the pots are to make sure you don't have to go back unnecessarily )

Next time you go back get:
1x Brutilizer
1x Berzerker Greaves
---Turn Brutilizer into Ghost Blade
1x Nashers tooth (use the meki you already have)
1x Guinsoo's Rageblade
1x Bf Sword ---> Infinity Edge
1x Banshee's Veil

I have tried lots of builds and this is the most consistently working one for me.

VII. My Thoughts on Strategy

SOLO MID WITH EZREAL... PERIOD.

Here is my secret to really making this set up work for you. You are playing a skill shot champion, and you have chosen him because you are really looking for a challenge. He really isn't easy to land all your hits with, and he can be seen as really squishy if you don't know what you are doing. Play with him in practice games. Get down the distance of Arcane shift. Figure out how to use Mystic Shot. Practice distance heal/damage combo hits with essence flux. And definitely figure out how his ult flies and the best way to direct it.

Early on Strat:
My advice is to play ezreal passive aggressively. First of all TAKE MID... you can beat anyone in mid except a well well played Mordekaiser and a decently played Zillean. Other than that you can always beat any other champion. You just have to outsmart them. If you are going to a gank first mystic shot a few times to get their health at half. Flash + arcane shift in and finish them off since you will have 2-4 stacks of your passive. Harass with Essence flux early on since it travels through minions... but beware its costly on mana. So make sure you are positioning correctly for mystic shots to land. Getting out of stick situations while on your own is as easy as a flash/arcane shift away. Use map terrain if u get stuck. Arcane shift through a wall to get away.

Later team fighting
Use your support abilities, do not forget you have them. Essence flux can be a 4 heal on your team and hurt all 5 enemies in an enemy fight. +300 to your teammates and -300 to your enemies + the respective haste/slow to attack speed can completely change a whole battle. Mystic shot, and mystic shot often. Make sure your stacks are being wasted. It is a strong passive, make sure you aren't just throwing it away. DO NOT initiate fights with your ultimate. Wait til the fight has started and the other team is stacked up... or someone with low life is ghosting away down a lane. Its powerful and travels the whole map... even if you aren't ap build its still very powerful. Arcane shift in and out of fights... make sure you arent getting focused cuz u will go down fast. Auto attack is ranged, and mystic shot is super ranged. Make sure you are taking advantage of the ranged offerings.

Well guys this is my guide on Ezreal the Prodigal Sharpshooter. If anyone has any questions or concerns considering my guide go ahead and ask. This is my first guide, so if i have forgotten anything let me know. I would like to continue my contributions to the LOL community in many ways in the future.

Thanks,
Thome

StagedAce 03-31-2010 11:23 AM

Great guide!, makes me want to play him now :P I'll deff give this one a try when he's free

Thome 03-31-2010 05:12 PM

Thanks man. Yeah give him a go. He is really good when you get the hang of him.

LogJammin 03-31-2010 08:42 PM

sounds alright. I don't really agree with the runes or item build but that's just because I have my own AD Ezreal playstyle im in love with.

As far as what I'd like to get specific on though, is the middle lane claim you lay down. I personally enjoy the side lane much much more, and solo laning isnt THAT bad but in SR ezreal is so squshy he can die in nearly an instant from a gank. Plus I don't find him to be that great for tower pushes solo. I do however find him great for jungle ganks and he's AMAZING for potshots and kiting.

The guide sounds do-able though none-the-less, just doesn't sound like its for me.
+1

Thome 04-01-2010 09:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback logjammin. Everyone has their own way to play him, and there are definitely different item builds/rune builds for who you are going up against but in all the games i have played with him, this seemed to be the most consistently deadly for me. But thanks for the feedback. and i'd love to see your build for him dude.

Hexeen 04-04-2010 01:28 PM

I play both AP and DPS effectively with Ezreal, and I tend to stack AS items till I have about 1.9-2.1 AS, then start with AD items, is this wise or s it better to stack AD and only raise AS a little?

Thome 04-05-2010 06:00 PM

I simply prefer to sit around 1.3-1.5 AS because your passive will be at 5 stacks during most fights late game. and your attack speed will be increased by the 75% from the stacks. so too much AS items will cause your incredible passive to be wasted!

AD also makes your Mystic shot own more face. And its off CD so often... why not get this thing doing more damage... and be able to nail them with a powerful Mystic shot often.

just my take on it. hope it helps.

Swag Daddy Nik 04-05-2010 06:43 PM

Might i recommend a Guinsoo's rageblade in there? It's way too good for the price to pass on. 94 guaranteed ap with 45 AD and the attack speed that you can keep up forever with the occasional random mystic shot. I think it would add a nice punch to the ult.

Thome 04-05-2010 06:54 PM

The way i would implement a guinsoo's into the picture wouldbe removing the 2nd bf sword and instead building the full guinsoos after starks fervor. Could be a nice addition. I'm gunna give it a shot a few times tonight and ill repost on outcomes.

SageMode 04-05-2010 07:48 PM

I think allot of the guides out for ad work there's really no set build for him I have my own ad build that I wrote a guide on I do tiamats sheen into trinity guinsoos zerkers and bloodthirster. But to each their own