League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Team-Guide] Building a European-Meta Team (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=817503)

MogNathal 06-06-2011 09:12 AM

Introduction

Hello, I am MogNathal and in this guide you will learn the basics of european-meta team building: what champions fit in certain roles, what summoner spells to get and the advantages of this strategy.

Things to keep in mind

- A champion YOU can play better will yield better results than a champion OTHERS consider better.

- The European-Meta is a term describing the bottom lane: Support + Ranged AD, the support getting very low cs, giving the carry the gold and experience advantage. This arrangement basically means you have 3 "solo" champions in relation to creep kills.

- I have put some champions into only one role, the one I think is the best one. You can modify your setup to include your build.

- If you dont find your champion in there, it is because I think it cannot be integrated in the European-Meta. This may be due to the inability to perform in a role without severely hampering this champion's performance. Champions that I cannot assign a role: Blitzcrank, Evelynn, Leona, Poppy.

Summoner Spells Discussion

The summoner spells that your team should have is the best combination of offense, defense and utility, optimizing the performance of each role and the team as a whole.

I consider Flash to be the best summoner spell in game at the moment, having both offensive and defensive uses. Every champion should have this summoner spell.

Additional summoner spells:

Solo Top: Exhaust adds a disable, having increasing use as the game prolongs due to the fact that it shuts down dangerous physical carries in the later parts of the game.

AP Mid: Ignite adds burst damage early game and provides a -healing debuff for those nasty healers and self-healing champions.

Jungler:
Smite adds speed to minion killing and can be used to steal Dragon or Baron, or even counter-jungle and steal enemy buffs.

Support: Clairvoyance adds map awareness to the entire team, can be used to find enemy junglers, protect from ganks, initiate lvl 1 fights, check Baron or Dragon, check bushes. A versatile spell, must-have on every serious team.

Carry: Flexible choice, depending if you want offense(Ignite), defense(Ghost) or a bit of both(Exhaust).

Other good choices:

- Teleport: Good on champions that have "Flash" in their skill-set, global ultimates or very high pushing power.

Bad choices:
- Cleanse: displaced by Quicksilver Sash.
- Heal: only good in the very-early game.
- Clarity: usually displaced by masteries, runes, item builds, or a combination of these 3.
- Fortify: Too long cooldown for the effect, in my oppinion.
- Rally, Revive: trololo.

The Roles and alternative champions

Melee / Bruiser / Tanky Dps / Anti-Carry / Tank / AP Burst / Off-Tank

Starting Position: Solo (Top or Mid)

Explanation: These champions have a strong laning phase, meaning they can force other champions out of the lane, sustain themselves in lane or both. They are melee champions with very different builds. Some can be built with Ability Power, others with Attack Damage, others need Health / Armor / Mana / Movement Speed. I have chosen for this role exclusively melee champions. Ideally they are solo top because of their sustain and high chances of fending off jungler ganks.

Champions that can be used in this composition are:

Akali, Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo, Galio, Garen, Gragas, Irelia, Jax, Kassadin, Katarina, Malphite, Maokai, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Pantheon, Renekton, Rumble, Shen, Singed, Sion, Talon, Wukong, Xin Zhao, Yorick.

Ranged AP / Mage / AP DPS

Starting Position: Solo (Mid or Top)

Explanation: These champions have strong damaging abilities that scale with ability power, strong harassing abilities and high burst damage. They are exclusively ranged champions with different builds, almost all scaling with ability power, with other stats such as magic penetration, cooldown reduction and mana / mana regeneration being important.

Anivia, Annie, Brand, Cassiopeia, Heimerdinger, Karthus, Kennen, LeBlanc, Lux, Malzahar, Morgana, Nidalee, Orianna, Ryze, Swain, Twisted Fate, Veigar, Vladimir, Zilean.

Jungler

Starting Position: Jungle

Explanation: These champions need a way of sustaining themselves while killing jungle minions from level 1. They have a high variety of skills ranging from crowd control to AoE and CC invulnerability. Junglers add the element of surprise to lanes, forcing ward-buying and enabling the solo-top position.

Amumu, Fiddlesticks, Gangplank, Jarvan IV, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Nocturne, Nunu, Olaf, Rammus, Shaco, Skarner, Trundle, Tryndamere, Udyr, Warwick.

Ranged AD / Carry / Physical DPS

Starting Position:
Dual-lane Bottom

Explanation: These champions have strong damaging abilities that scale with atack damage, strong farming ability, strong team-fighting performance, strong pushing power but usually low health/defensive stats. They are exclusively ranged champions.

Ashe, Caitlyn, Corki, Ezreal, Kog'Maw, Miss Fortune, Sivir, Teemo, Tristana, Twitch, Urgot, Vayne.

Support / Warder / Healer / Debuffer

Starting Position: Dual-lane Bottom

Explanation: These champions need to have strong abilities that don't need very high amounts of farm to be effective, good protection abilities, either by disabling enemies or healing / shielding allies. Their builds should be low-gold and include some Gold-Per-5 items. Their creep-kill score should be the lowest of the team.

Very important: these champions need to buy alot of wards and oracle when / if it is needed.

Alistar, Janna, Karma, Kayle, Sona, Soraka, Taric.

Team Overview:

This team-building strategy has multiple advantages:

- Due to the support champion getting very low creep kills, you have 3 champions who get a lot of creep kills, enabling a good mid game transition.

- You have multiple sources of damage. Ideally, a team would consist of a Melee and a Ranged physical-damage-dealing champions and a Melee and a Ranged magical-damage-dealing champions. This makes this team composition hard to counter. Alternatively you can create lineups with majority magical or physical damage or greater early-game power.

- Balanced in all aspects of the game: Laning, Teamfighting, Pushing, Late-game.

Example Team

Quote:

Solo-Top: Cho'Gath

AP Mid: Annie

Jungler: Nocturne

Support: Alistar

Carry: Ashe
Feedback: If you want to provide feedback or point out mistakes, please do so.

Ending: I hope you find my guide a useful resource in creating new line-ups and strategies with your team regardles of your current ELO.

mrlopetica 06-07-2011 01:12 PM

interesting story this is! also, why rammus isnt in solo top list

StyrTW 06-07-2011 02:00 PM

because rammus is awful in solo top lane and most other champs that take solo top, ranged or melee, could force him to leave lane/kill him

jpope3614 06-07-2011 02:07 PM

I readily agree to your position on amumu.

and im gonna go try out your mf build and style*

LengendaryGhost 06-07-2011 02:16 PM

I have a question? Is a guide about SPECEFIC champions that should be used to have a winning team?

exploreforce 06-07-2011 02:47 PM

well done. You described with an example what I play with my team on EU. Off Tank - Tanky dps top, Mage mid, support + ranged bot tank jungle!

This is pretty much one of the best working setups, however, Off tank and Tank can also swap positions (e.g. Shen solo lane, Lee sin or Udyr or even Jarvan jungle might be better if you do not have amumu as a tank)

You put a lot of effort in that and i appreciate that!
REALLY GOOD JOB! KEEP IT UP and make more informative guides like this!

+1

MogNathal 06-08-2011 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LengendaryGhost (Hozzászólás 9695008)
I have a question? Is a guide about SPECEFIC champions that should be used to have a winning team?

I don't think i understand your question exactly, but I will try to give a complete answer.

I have given a case-study for this team-building strategy in order to give a visual example of a setup with summoner spells and core items.

In the Alternatives section of every role - Melee / Ranged AP / Jungler / Ranged AD / Support, i have listed additional champions that can fill the same role. So if you have your 5 players, each with a main-champion, you now know how to integrate them into a team strategy and know what adjustments to make in order to have a balanced, well-rounded team.

xSpecialKx 06-22-2011 05:54 PM

Bump. More people need to see this.

JeryC 06-22-2011 06:16 PM

no, no & no.

the US teams lost becuz they had ****ty teamwork. their jungler was also 3rd world. didn't knew a **** about protecting your lane allies. not becuz of some meta.

tsm/epik/clg didn't know a **** about lane crossing. mid saw their lane opponent go bot, and what does he do? he stays in lane to farm, while bot got ganked. duh.

MogNathal 09-02-2011 07:07 AM

Shortened guide, removed case study, added new champions. I hope it will be easier to read and to understand the concepts I wanted to express.