League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   !!! Please Read !!! This worries me. Riot if Possible too. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=790445)

Sathix 05-28-2011 11:16 PM

!!! Please Read !!! This worries me. Riot if Possible too.

Okay so I know the tribunal came out, it's an amazing thing and all, but hearing of people getting banned for this, and not the average few days or week bans, this is some serious stuff. I admit I've flipped a few poops back in my day, and people have claimed to report, I'm not the worst guy but yeah I've gotten mad at players. My worry is that the actual tribunal might hurt more than necessary. I heard you do get warnings or whatever, and I've yet to receive one but I'm just thinking for the future.. will those events from hundreds of games ago come back to bite me in the butt like a ton of bricks? There's way too much in this game and on my account , that I would want to risk losing for a few past mistakes.

I do hope riot has thought about how this might effect people for past mistakes, and I'm honestly not all too familiar with how the tribunal works though I did hear some dude hadn't been playing in months and was tribunal banned, unfortunate for him.

Anyway, Please post, bump, and maybe up vote this if you agree with me. This could possibly hurt unsuspecting people who've made their mistakes long ago.

End note : If there is already something on this, do let me know. And if you do know the true mechanics of the tribunal and what matches it lists, please let me know as well, if a riot employee would confirm anything, that would clear up a lot of fog.

Thanks.

scoops sunshine 05-28-2011 11:17 PM

The tribunal/leaverbuster/report system works on a ratio system not a flat amount. It will always find out the serious problematic players among those whom have an occasional bad game.

If you truly don't deserve a ban, you won't get one.

Karmanautical 05-28-2011 11:17 PM

Don't be a ****, you won't be banned.

Be a ****, and I'll find you, and I will ban you.

Class dismissed.

Sallad Hunter 05-28-2011 11:19 PM

Anytime it comes down to a long term ban a Riot employee reviews the case before the ban hammer falls

Die Nacht 05-28-2011 11:19 PM

I've been doing my cases every day and I have yet to see a case from months or ever years ago. Most cases I've seen are from this month (some from last month or the month before).

I don't know, but you shouldn't worry if you haven't gotten a warning. If you do, it will just be a warning and if you stopped doing whatever it was you were doing, then the warning will just be that, a warning.

Sathix 05-28-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoops sunshine (Hozzászólás 9343122)
The tribunal/leaverbuster/report system works on a ratio system not a flat amount. It will always find out the serious problematic players among those whom have an occasional bad game.

If you truly don't deserve a ban, you won't get one.

Aah, that's cool if so, I think I've only had like 20 or more rage games out of my 2000+ or so games (That is wins and losses) Probably more, but yeah.. this takes some pressure off

ehkayeh 05-28-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenericB (Hozzászólás 9343128)
Don't be a ****, you won't be banned.

Be a ****, and I'll find you, and I will ban you.

Class dismissed.

urcoolbro

to OP, i don't think a few bad games will get you banned... if you notice in the tribunal most players in there have 9+ games of the same behavior. and it works on a ratio, so if 9 out of 10 games you're a BM player, you will get banned, not 1 out of 10

despicableMEE 05-28-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sathix (Hozzászólás 9343104)
Okay so I know the tribunal came out, it's an amazing thing and all, but hearing of people getting banned for this, and not the average few days or week bans, this is some serious stuff. I admit I've flipped a few poops back in my day, and people have claimed to report, I'm not the worst guy but yeah I've gotten mad at players. My worry is that the actual tribunal might hurt more than necessary. I heard you do get warnings or whatever, and I've yet to receive one but I'm just thinking for the future.. will those events from hundreds of games ago come back to bite me in the butt like a ton of bricks? There's way too much in this game and on my account , that I would want to risk losing for a few past mistakes.

I do hope riot has thought about how this might effect people for past mistakes, and I'm honestly not all too familiar with how the tribunal works though I did hear some dude hadn't been playing in months and was tribunal banned, unfortunate for him.

Anyway, Please post, bump, and maybe up vote this if you agree with me. This could possibly hurt unsuspecting people who've made their mistakes long ago.

End note : If there is already something on this, do let me know. And if you do know the true mechanics of the tribunal and what matches it lists, please let me know as well, if a riot employee would confirm anything, that would clear up a lot of fog.

Thanks.

It's better for it to hurt more than necessary so it encourages people not to break the rules

Sathix 05-28-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by despicableMEE (Hozzászólás 9343206)
It's better for it to hurt more than necessary so it encourages people not to break the rules

Yeah that's what the warning is for, but I'm talking about the serious bans, but It seems my worry was answered