Jax: Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.
Hello my fellow LoLers.
With this brief guide, I hope to give you an introduction into the powerhouse of dodginess that is JAX.
Warning: this will not be an extremely in-depth and comprehensive guide, I just want to introduce you to this character and make some suggestions that have worked for me. Experiment for yourself and make changes where you like. The only real guide is experience. Cheesy line, I know.
I'm not going to waste time fully detailing all of the abilities because that's what the game database is for, but I will briefly explain them and tell you what hey are useful for.
Jax: An extremely powerful melee champion who literally cannot be matched late game when built right. He thrives on his dodge chance which feeds his stun. A great chaser and finisher, as well as a great team fighter. Its very easy to take on other champions 1v2 and sometimes 1v3, mainly because of his dodge, and his ultimate. Using this guide, you will be able to consistently net 25+ kills a game with minimal deaths (-5).
All of Jax's abilites scale with AP, making it vital in his build.
Passive: Equiptment Mastery: Basically just gives you some health for every point of ability power and attack dmg that you have.
Q: Leap Strike: Jax jumps and slams your face in with his lamp post. Jax's bread and butter. Great for chasing and finishing blows. When used with an AP build with Rylai's Scepter, this can be devastating with the slow from Rylais.
W: Empower: Jax powers up his lamp post and does aoe dmg around his target. Not my favorite skill because it uses a little too much mana for early game usefulness. I power this up late game
E: Counter strike: Increases Jax's dodge chance with every level of the skill. When Jax dodges an attack, he can use this to stun and damage his enemies in his radius.
R: Relentless Assault [Passive]: This ability gives Jax increased attack speed with every consecutive attack, and makes every 3rd consecutive attack hit HARD. Great when fighting a dumb Yi that thinks his pure attack damage will kill you, when in reality you dodge half of his attacks and continually increase your attack speed and obliterate him.
I start the game with Leap Strike, which makes for an easy first blood. After that, I take counter strike, and then empower. After this point, I take leap and counter every other level (not counting ultimate levels) and save empower for late game.
I use a 21/9/0 build. The only real important piece of this mastery build is putting your defensive points into Nimbleness, which increases your movement speed with every dodge, which is incredible with Jax, especially for escaping a fight.
As you should know, Jax is succesfull really only with dodge chance, making dodge runes essential. Other than that, I use ability cooldown and attack speed.
Now this is where the guide breaks away from all the other wannabes. I use an AP, and attack speed build, with a little lifesteal thrown in for extensive pushes. Late game I put my gold into some attack damage.
1. I start off with either a vampiric scepter or an amplifying tome, depending on my lane partner. If I think we can easily obtain first blood, then go with amplifying tome for the increased power to leap strike.
2. I then begin to build my boots. Only one pair will do for Jax and those are the Ninja Tabi. With increased dodge chance, these are a godsend.
3. If you chose to start with the vampiric scepter, then buy the amplifying tome now and build it into Mejai's Soulstealer, which Jax can easily stack throughout the game. If you took the tome in the beginning, build it into Mejai's now and then buy a vampiric scepter.
4. Guinsoo's Rageblade is next. With a big increase to AP AND AD, and a speed increase on hit, this is a great (and cheap) option.
5. Your next big item will be Rylai's Scepter. With +500 health, 80ap, and a slow on spell hit, this is invaluable to your arsenal. If you are struggling in your lane, go with the giants belt first. If you are dominating, then buy the wand or tome first.
6. Phantom Dancer is your next big item. Also an amazing item for Jax, the Phantom Dancer increases your attack speed, critical chance, movement speed, and dodge [/smile].
7. At this point, the game is over or almost over, meaning the rest of these items are extra. Usually I will upgrade my vamp scepter to a bloodthirster, or go for an infinty edge.
8. You are now the most powerful champion in the game. Relish in it and dominate the other team continously.
If you fully employ this guide into your Jax routine and play smart and safe, you will dominate the scoreboard, push towers with ease, and win games. Go have fun.
ROFL. I haven't even read the guide yet (am about to), just wanted to say the guide title is hilarious.
Ok, after reading, why so late on the rageblade? It's usually my first item after boots.
I'm curious to know if people consider Jax to be better with an AP build. I usually build him dps with rageblade then atmas then bloodthirster.
You got a PD with Jax, which seems a strange option.
Rageblade is too good to pass up early. DPS and AP Jax are both very good. Whichever I go for, I usually get Rylai's Scepter over Frozen Mallet.
Lastly, as someone mentioned, Jax hasn't dodged towers for a very long time.
man, 4 bloodthristers, ninja tabi, and an atma's impaler = like 700 autoattack damage and 4k health, you cant go wrong with it, epic lifesteal too
And I have edited the guide to make rageblade an earlier buy, cuz I have started using it a lot earlier before I even read your comments
+1 just for the Dodgeball reference in the title. I lol'ed
would switching out rylais and the rageblade hurt? i just tried this build and got 12/3/5 (big improvement :D) but i was finding everybody would run away from me and i couldnt kill them because of that.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:17 PM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc