League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 19

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Some big changes are coming next week! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=7281)

Pendragon 08-27-2009 04:26 PM

Some big changes are coming next week!

Beta Testers,

We're going to be making lots of changes to the beta next week. In order push them out though, we're going to have to do two things.

1. After next week's patch, everyone will have to reinstall the game. We'll put a link up next week when it's available with the download location of the new installer.
2. Everyone's buddy lists will be reset. Please write down the names of everyone you want to add somewhere - because we'll have to erase everyone's lists.

Please spread this information to as many people as possible, so it isn't a huge surprise next week.

JonTehKnight 08-27-2009 04:28 PM

Thank you for the heads up and continued efforts! XD

Nam3less 08-27-2009 04:29 PM

nice, new pvp.net finally.

Lawlsberi 08-27-2009 04:32 PM

Noiice new patch :d

steffe 08-27-2009 04:40 PM

sounds awsome, :D

TwoFatNuts 08-27-2009 04:41 PM

good stuff!

Kid Heart 08-27-2009 04:43 PM

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to give a shout out to all my friends to make sure they know. Luckily, I'll still have a bit of time to test out the changes before college starts up.

Friend 08-27-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendragon (Hozzászólás 75148)
1. After next week's patch, everyone will have to reinstall the game. We'll put a link up next week when it's available with the download location of the new installer.

Few questions about this, if you have the answers yet.
  • Will the new installer include all patches up to the current (when that patch is released) date?
  • Once I have the new installer etc, can I uninstall my current LoL installation, and use this new one from scratch? I.E. if I were to DL the new one on a laptop, and then just transfer it to my desktop.
  • Do you expect this download to be available fairly far in advance of servers coming back up? Would be handy to be prepared early, if feasible. =)

Thanks.

Elmentar 08-27-2009 05:04 PM

Looks like I'll have to set aside a day for the download. Slow internet ftl. :( But thanks for the heads up.

MaximalBeast 08-27-2009 05:21 PM

Big changes? Sounds interesting. Could you give us a few hints as to what's to come?
Quote:

Few questions about this, if you have the answers yet.
  • Will the new installer include all patches up to the current (when that patch is released) date?
  • Once I have the new installer etc, can I uninstall my current LoL installation, and use this new one from scratch? I.E. if I were to DL the new one on a laptop, and then just transfer it to my desktop.
  • Do you expect this download to be available fairly far in advance of servers coming back up? Would be handy to be prepared early, if feasible. =)

Thanks.
Also I'm interested in the answers to these too.