League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   No Fighting other champions (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=7190)

Armence 08-27-2009 11:08 AM

No Fighting other champions

So, my strategy up till now which has had some success has been to focus on avoiding other champions and concentrating on killing enemy minions in order to let my minions do all the work for me. In that spirit, I find AoEs to be king. I just run away from enemy champions, AoE enemy minions and help kill buildings. I have found it largely works because one of two things happens:
1) The enemy champions chase me in which case, they cannot help their own minions and I can just come back every so often to nuke enemy minions and give my minions the upper hand they need.
2) The enemy champions leave me alone and I can concentrate on helping my minions push through and kill buildings.

I have found that when doing this, timing is key. If you have let's say 4 minions left fighting 3. It can be tempting to just AoE the three and keep moving. However, I have found that a more useful strategy might be to take your time and not help your minions in order to allow the next group to catch up. That way, you have 8 to 9 minions that reach the next tower together instead of 4 and then 6. Also, by that point, when the enemy squad reaches you, you can just hit them with an AoE rapidly dispatching them with the help of your minions.

To that effect, I love items that give me mana and mana regeneration practically to the exclusion of everything else. The key is really to have that AoE dmg ready when the time comes and get as many enemies in it as possible.

The beginning of a match may be a bit laborious under this strategy, but if you succeed, the second half gets very interesting as you suddenly cannot avoid fighting large amounts of minions at once. Placing your AoEs correctly and dodging enemy champions becomes an art form.

Don't mind my bragging, I'm French.
Let me know what you think though...

Evilpigeon 08-27-2009 11:19 AM

... You enjoy pushing all game? It's the most boring strategy in the world. Not to mention the fact that you're giving your team members no real support so they're effectively fighting 4v5. All you do through this strategy is allow the enemy champions to farm up off of your allies.

Jpeg 08-27-2009 11:20 AM

seeing this reminded me of myself.

try this :D

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=4384

@ evil pidgion,

1) you don't have to get kills to win.

2) you are a great distraction if your at base knocking down the tower. if they leave you alone then yes they have a 4v5...i doubt that happens

Evilpigeon 08-27-2009 11:28 AM

Back at JPG

IMO you need two or three people to push effectively, anything under and you're very liable to ganks. It takes a long time to push that far and your enemies need only to come back now and then to kill you off to stop you from making real progress.

Kills are also the bread and butter of this game, sure you can do fine without but it certainly hampers you and you're very likely to get outlevelled which spells the end of most games.

Jpeg 08-27-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilpigeon (Hozzászólás 73802)
Back at JPG

IMO you need two or three people to push effectively, anything under and you're very liable to ganks. It takes a long time to push that far and your enemies need only to come back now and then to kill you off to stop you from making real progress.

Kills are also the bread and butter of this game, sure you can do fine without but it certainly hampers you and you're very likely to get outlevelled which spells the end of most games.

Teleport/bp and communication are key, there is no need to avoid a gank if yo know it's comming. just tp out or bp. altho i do admit, very risky but very rewarding but his strategy can be imployed successfuly.

i disagree with the "bread and butter". i think that was true in dota, but in lol you can reduce dead time significantly and you don't loose gold for dying. also you can't deny a carry items (to the extent that you could in dota)

Evilpigeon 08-27-2009 11:48 AM

Kills still earn levels and push time however, I tend to find that the games still boil down to a small group of climactic team fights as it often did in DotA. It may be possible for this strategy to work but I still say that it isn't a very effective way to play as, chances are any team with some rudimentry organisation will just gank you, the problem with there only being one person pushing is that they can be very easily ganked by 2 or 3 players, making much harder to predict when to go back.

Trezzi 08-27-2009 11:57 AM

Out of curiosity, which heroes do you tend to play?

Jpeg 08-27-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilpigeon (Hozzászólás 73889)
Kills still earn levels

so do towers :D

Evilpigeon 08-27-2009 12:11 PM

First off @ Trezzi, I realise you were probably askin the OP but who cares; I'm currently learning about Fiddlesticks, I play a good Twitch, Warwick, Evelyn, Ashe although they're all pretty easy to use, I also like Alistar for when I'm playing with my friends.

@Jpg say you manage this here laning tattic sucessfully and push to their base by level 12 or so (reasonable I think) That's two-three towers down, at the same time the rest of your team is likely losing every single team fight they get into and are being out numbered and out pushed on the other lanes - lets say another three or four down, across the three lanes. Who gains the most experience and who is in the better position to win the game as it continues?

Jpeg 08-27-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilpigeon (Hozzászólás 73978)
@Jpg say you manage this here laning tattic sucessfully and push to their base by level 12 or so (reasonable I think) That's two-three towers down, at the same time the rest of your team is likely losing every single team fight they get into and are being out numbered and out pushed on the other lanes - lets say another three or four down, across the three lanes. Who gains the most experience and who is in the better position to win the game as it continues?

the obvective (the way i do it) is not to push 1 lane into the base. it is to push one tower at a time, use your ability to tp to swich from lane to lane not nessasarly only solo.

do you really think 4v5 is out numbered when your defending a tower? or are you just trying to create a situation that favors your argument? i would hope (and this is just hypothetical)

ok since i have to walk you thru this step by step of how this conversation goes:

In your scenario (assume player skill is equal) that the 4 never left the lane, and the 5 never left the lane. you pushing solo, with a good pushing character will kill their nexus before the 5 pushing on 4. (play a practice game, you can do it in < 8 min)

you will counter with: of course they won't stay in the lane., they will gank you. since you are solo.

then i counter with: which leaves the lane that was 4v5 into a 4v3 in your favor. when they leave to gank your teamates call "2 mid mia". you get in the fog of war and teleport to bottom lane which just waisted 1+ miniuites of their time walking up and trying to gank. repeat these steps as needed.

i agree, Once you get to the base towers, then you must group up, or have a mass extension of their team to break thru. the oject of this is to get to that point and keep them back peddeling the whole game.