League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   As Trist, how do you handle heimer in mid? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=71413)

Ashiver 03-07-2010 06:25 PM

As Trist, how do you handle heimer in mid?

Good heimers have been really hurting me in mid lately. It's the only match up I have struggled with really, other than one morde, but I consider him an anomaly. Their rockets hit really hard and have great range, do I just let him prevent me from farming altogether? The last one I fought alternated grenades with rockets, a mistake in my opinion since I dodged over 90% of the grenades. Even so, he was STILL able to kill me eventually, range and damage on the rockets being so ridiculous. Even though he wasted mana on grenades fairly frequently, it didn't matter since he had clarity. I even bought a null magic talisman and it didn't matter. I was still getting hit for 225 or so by his rockets. If I recall out for health, which I did from time to time, I fall behind in experience. If I don't recall out for health, I can't get close enough to last hit a minion without getting rocketed which means falling behind in gold. Calling for a gank is hard to do as well, since even with two of us he just retreats to his turrets. I also consider that somewhat of a cop out in terms of at least holding him off.

SmecssRaege 03-07-2010 06:31 PM

ok well, i havent done it for trist

But i have overcome solo heimers as ashe (who is fairly similar in their style of working mid)

And the biggest key was building to fight him.

Philosophers Stone for good regen (i rarely advocate usin a phil stone...another more viable option nowadays would be a spirit visage since trist doesnt need mana regen) and HEALTH POTIONS!

Spirit Visage, Merc Treads + Health potions will SEVERELY curb his ability to harass you, i know it seems like a waste to be chugging health potions all over the place, and to invest your first 2,000 gold in survivability, but that survivability will allow you to stay in your lane, stay farming, and stay EXPING which is what you need until you go ganking (when you can earn some real cash) and 1 health potion (260hp with spirit visage?) is 35g, 1 1/2>2 creep kills, very worth it.

Hope that helps you out =P

Ashiver 03-07-2010 06:47 PM

I actually did grab the visage. It helped. I just felt dumb because while I was having a tough time handling heimer and being forced to invest loads of gold into survival the enemy Trist was able to straight invest in dps. Come clash time my damage was awful low.

Tornsoul 03-07-2010 09:23 PM

Well then your entire was problem was that you stayed in the middle lane. Middle lane is generally used to get one person leveled up fast, or for someone that needs a lot of gold to collect it. It sounds like heimers are sent mid with the intention of crippling you as a carry. You need to change lanes then.

Ashiver 03-07-2010 09:36 PM

That makes a lot of sense, but I wonder who can hold mid against him in my place. It's either change lanes or get a gank, as far as I can see. I guess the tank is probably going to be buying survival items anyway, so maybe him.

Chingmeister 03-07-2010 09:50 PM

It's Heimertime!

1 Attachment(s)
It's not just Tristana, it's anyone.

If I go middle with Heimer your blue pilling or dying.
If you die I out xp you and push your tower down.

If you blue pill I push your tower down.

Heimer is strongest at the 1-5k gold range when he gets an aegis, chalice, and boots. Past that time he doesn't really scale.

Carries like Trist keep scaling but start slower. You don't really have a chance to beat a good Heimer 1v1 at low gold levels.

After losing a dozen games and learning with Heimer, I'll push anyone out of a lane and destroy their tower.

The only thing you can really do is (edited because although it is possible to counter my strategy I just realized it would be dumb to put it here).

Hahaha!

TheMountainGoat 03-07-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornsoul (Hozzászólás 792226)
It sounds like heimers are sent mid with the intention of crippling you as a carry.

i've never really thought about it like that.

M3MBRAN3 03-07-2010 09:58 PM

best option for most heimers is just to call a gank from a decent burst damage hero (Ryze seems to be the flavour of the month) rocket jump, and fireball him so he can't heal and then let Ryze do the rest. Hopefully the lead in exp. you get on him will force him to play more defensively.

xrats 03-07-2010 10:49 PM

Why you should go mid as Trist anyway?There are a lot of other heroes who should go instead of Trist.

Nimoot 03-07-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashiver (Hozzászólás 792271)
That makes a lot of sense, but I wonder who can hold mid against him in my place. It's either change lanes or get a gank, as far as I can see. I guess the tank is probably going to be buying survival items anyway, so maybe him.

If you can convince a Morgana to be chosen (not a bad idea) then she can just AoE the group to death and then go back to her lane or just solo mid herself

(just a suggestion don't need a firing squad to shoot down my opinion :D)