How to Ashe
So hi! I'm Chibii :D I'm been playing for a while and been trying to learn how to play ashe but... I just suck with her so I need tips.
Boots?: Mercury or movement 3?
Items after boots?
Hawkshot for farming or W?
how to deal with those that cannot be slowed ie Yi, Olaf
Tips with early game laning
Should I take mid or be baby sitted bot?
My rune page:
Movement Quins(For kiting)
Armor pen marks
Hp per level seals, glyphs.
I actually just asked for a little help with my Ashe build, but I'll help you if I can.
1) I usually get Boots of Swiftness, though I also can see someone wanted Berzerker Greaves. Never tried Merc Treads myself
2) I usually get zeal, then boots, then phantom dancer, but I also have been told to rush infinity edge. I don't really know how I feel about that since it's a very expensive item, but it's also awesome, so I guess it depends on how your gold income is.
3) Max out Volley ASAP and only put one point in hawkshot until you can't put points in anything else.
4) Yi can still be stunned even when his ult is on, so it might be worth saving your arrow for that if you haven't used it to initiate. And odds are if you have used the arrow to initiate, then you'll be with your teammates, where you should find a stun somewhere.
5) I tend to try to hit the enemy champ with my first shot (100% chance to crit) and then just farm and harrass with volley. Try not to over extend yourself, and don't get gready
6) If you aren't confident about your ability to mid, let someone else do it, but the only way to get better at mid is just to do it. Ashe does good in mid since your team is gonna want her arrow ASAP, but there are some champs that she has a hard time with (Teemo and Akali come to mind)
7) Still hafven't really worked out a rune page for her, I'm only at level 18, so I don't have access to the best runes anyway, nor can I use all the slots. Still sort of figuring that whole thing out.
8) I can't remmeber my masteries for her offhand, at least not the names of the masteries I invest points in. If I was on the champ select screen I could tell you, but alas...
Just my experience with her anyway. I don't think there's really a wrong way to build her, sinc eI think your success with her really comes down to getting the hang of her arrow. I recently had a game where I ended up with no kills, but my team was loving the arrow (I had like 30 assists). It always feels good to pull off improbable shots with that arrow. Hope that helps a little.
How I Ashe:
As much ArPen as you can get and Mp/5 runes for the rest
Ghost & Clairvoyance (you should know where everyone is at all times)
Start with a regrowth pendant and work towards a philosophers stone
Boots of Swiftness next (Ideally you should not be getting hit, though merc treads are a good choice)
BF Sword -> Infinity Edge
From here decide if you need some defensive items or want to go glass cannon
Frozen Heart or Randuin's Omen for AR
Banshees Veil for MR
Bloodthirster for damage
Items like Madred's Bloodrazor and Last Whisper as dictated by the specifics of them game.
Spam Volley everywhere. It will give you a longer range than almost anyone and it is on a short cooldown. Try to wear your opponent(s) down enough that by the time you hit lvl 6 you can hit them with an arrow and go in for the kill with your slow and autoattack.
Merc treads are pretty much useless because if you're stunned, you're already dead. Boots of swiftness or berserkers grieves are the way to go. Ionian boots are useless on ashe. Early game you can go pure damage and try to rush a infinity edge or go with dorans blade if you think you'll need the extra health (the heal is really small on ashe to start, so that's not something to count on.) If you're outranging the other guy, you can save mana and go pure damage to start to harass him and last hit minions. Another, possibly better option if you're trying to harass someone is to get a form of mana regen and use your arrow spread to tag them and last hit several minions at once. Just aim carefully and you can cause some major havoc with that and rack up the gold. This is good if you're ballsy and want to push and they have no jungler to gank you with. You simply have to have good map awareness and/or good teammates who will call out MIAs for you. Do not go for speed on ashe to start as she doesn't do enough damage to make the most of it (and it works against your passive) but once you've got the damage going, speed will help.
Get good at Last hitting.
At least, AT LEAST get 70 cs by the 10:00 min mark.
For boots it really all depends. I don't really get Merc because once you get stunned you will probably die. I depend on my positioning and knowing the champion's cooldowns so I don't get CC'd.
Rush IE on MOST games. IE will be the best item for most games. If you are having trouble early game, it is wise to invest into a couple Doran's Blades. I personally like getting an early Brutalizer then follow up into an IE.
For Defense Items your only defense item for MOST games should be BV. If you have more than 1 Defense item, you damage out put will be lacking severely late game.
My or the most "common" build would be
Boots or Doran Shield
Cloak of Agility --> IE
Zeal to Catalyst/Negtron or Zeal to Phantom Dancer depending on the game.
No armored units --> Black Cleaver
Armored units --> LW
Then get what ever item you didn't get because at this point the other team will be stacking on Defense.
Boots, IE, Phantom, BV, Cleaver, LW
If going against low armored targets you can move into a Zeal, if they are stupid and not focusing you at this point you can finish your Phantom Dancer before your Negatron/Catalyst.
Against high armored champions you should get a Last Whisper. After that go straight to your BV.
Many people will say get Madred Blood razor for going against Tanky comps but that item does not mesh well with Ashe imo. I usually get IE every single game as Ashe.
1 Point in everything
I like Ashe mid because many lane partners that are not support WILL steal your creeps.
Ashe needs ALOT of farm.
Early game laning is Farm Farm Farm.
At lv 6 try to find lanes that could use arrows to finish their Kill. Arrow is good in dragon teamfights because it usually picks off a lone champion.
Farm Farm Farm. If you are getting chased by Olaf, too bad you gotta run. Against Yi arrow him, ping him for your team and he should drop like a rock.
Ashe depends greatly on positioning more than most heroes since she does not have an escape mechanism (Valkerie, Rocket Jump).
I usually spam volley as much as I can in team fights. Use arrows to stun key targets, not the Alistar, Shen, Rammus
Well this is how I play Ashe but I am a random in the Fourms so you don't have to listen to me.
9x ArPen REd
9x Mana reg/lv Seal
9x Mana reg/lv glyph
3x ArPen Quints/ 3x flat health quints.
whatever you do don't rush AS before AD
MaJezTiC said it very well. When in doubt, follow that advice. A couple of additional options: ionian boots are actually pretty awesome. Extra arrows to dominate your lane are nice. As for Yi, Olaf: stun Yi and focus him down. With Olaf a lot of times I'll grab a yomu's ghostblade and use the active to kite him while is ult is up. Once it's down, you can permaslow him and never be touched, as long as you dodge the axes. In my experience, xin and akali are the best anti ashe characters. If you're playing ranked and see them, play trist/cait/corki instead. They can get away.
2) IE rush ASAP. Pick Axe if you can't get BF Sword. Grab Red Elixir if you need a temp AD + HP boost and can't afford anything yet.
3) Depends. Enemy a pusher or not? If psuher, then raise volley to stop them from hitting tower. If not, level up Hawk Shot. If you farm well enough w/ just lvl 1 volley and last-hits in a dead-push, then you can even have an IE complete by 20 minutes, 15 if you get your enemy mid ganked and get First Blood.
4) Can't be slowed? Run or have your team w/ you to stop them. You honestly shouldn't even be alone by the time they can kill you easily 1v1.
5) Stay back. only last-hit. try to harass w/ volley in such a way that you get minion kills and hit the enemy. Spam volley a bit if the creeps are getting too close to tower, but aren't getting hit by it yet.
6) Mid if you can cross-lane ult with decent accuracy. Duo bot w/ a support if you can't.
Quints: Move Speed, Ar Pen, Flat HP
Marks: Ar Pen
Seals: Mana Regen/Lvl, HP/lvl, Flat Armor or /lvl
Glyphs: Flat CDR or /lvl or Mres/lvl
I prefer 9/0/21
well I've been playing ashe for about 300 games
I go 21/0/9 with points greed in utility
my runes are
armor pen reds
mana regen per 5 yellow
cooldown reduction blue
and armor pen quints
for items go for a doren shield - this gives you a health regen and armor that you will need in mid
then go B.F. sword but if you can grab a Pickaxe
after that get boots of quickness
then zeal to out run the enemy
finish up you infinity edge
then grab a negation clock
finish up the zeal into a P.D.
get a Blood thirstier
and finish up the Banshees Vail using the negation
but most important thing is positioning stay close to the group and never dive for a kill unless the enemy is in full retreat. Volley at all times in a fight. You will always be attacked in a team fight, because people love the ashe. Use this have them dive you and and turn around and stun them and then your team Should pounce and get you a kill the whole team may run after you just volley walk with zeal you should be faster then most of the people especially with you volleying them as you run. Last thing is that you need to learn how to dodge skill-shot and juke these are important for all characters but the most for ashe who has no escapes it is imperative to learn and it will help in mid a ton.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:50 AM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc