League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Olaf Help (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=618729)

KoreanCasper 03-30-2011 08:05 AM

Olaf Help

I am almost summoner level 20. I have olaf and I really want to do well with him. I have saved up about 3150 ip for runes. Please reccommend runes for LANING and masteries for LANING as I find that jungling is boring and I suck at it. Please also reccomend an item build for olaf. Thanks.

HarisPiIton 03-30-2011 08:12 AM

As much as this is probably gonne get voted down, I really urge you to try jungling. Once you get the hang of it (aka, the ganks and counter jungling), the fun really starts. If you say you prefer laning over jungling I think I can say that you simply don't have a good impression, yet.

Lanelaf isn't that good because your Axe is relatively easy to dodge and hard to throw (really, it's very annoying).

Absolution13 03-30-2011 08:13 AM

ATK p/LVL MARKS Adds to over 68 at lvl 18 and you will be skill shot more or less its just for those bigger hits as Arm Pens are useless
Armour ZEALS extra armour early game towerdive helps
CDR GLYPHS you need for axe throw etc to constantly harass
HP Quints - Can be switched

Absolution13 03-30-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarisPiIton (Hozzászólás 7412572)
As much as this is probably gonne get voted down, I really urge you to try jungling. Once you get the hang of it (aka, the ganks and counter jungling), the fun really starts. If you say you prefer laning over jungling I think I can say that you simply don't have a good impression, yet.

Lanelaf isn't that good because your Axe is relatively easy to dodge and hard to throw (really, it's very annoying).

Its skill shot depends how good you are it makes a difference so don't be saying its hard to throw

KoreanCasper 03-30-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolution13 (Hozzászólás 7412603)
Its skill shot depends how good you are it makes a difference so don't be saying its hard to throw

skills shots will not be a problem for me. now what?

Absolution13 03-30-2011 08:35 AM

Use the runes I gave you since you can aim those CDR will not be wasted whatsoever

KoreanCasper 03-30-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolution13 (Hozzászólás 7412949)
Use the runes I gave you since you can aim those CDR will not be wasted whatsoever

what runes should i focus on buying first? because I currently only have 3150ip.

HookdOnChronics 03-30-2011 08:40 AM

I tend to agree with absolution.
Though i like to go with flat damage Marks to give you that strong early game advantage.
flat cooldown glyphs and quintessences allow you to spam axe and your E.maxing these two skills out first really gives you great harass and burst.
Getting warmogs and frozen mallet make it so you can push insanely well while still getting decent dps with your W.

KoreanCasper 03-30-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HookdOnChronics (Hozzászólás 7413039)
I tend to agree with absolution.
Though i like to go with flat damage Marks to give you that strong early game advantage.
flat cooldown glyphs and quintessences allow you to spam axe and your E.maxing these two skills out first really gives you great harass and burst.
Getting warmogs and frozen mallet make it so you can push insanely well while still getting decent dps with your W.

What would be a better choice going against more tanky champions?

Absolution13 03-30-2011 08:44 AM

ATK p/LVL MARKS Adds to over 68 at lvl 18 and you will be skill shot more or less its just for those bigger hits as Arm Pens are useless
Armour ZEALS extra armour early game towerdive helps
CDR GLYPHS you need for axe throw etc to constantly harass
HP Quints - Can be switched

You will be the fastest lvled up since your a F&*( killer harass and will farm the other teams minion so lvl 18 will probably be you first therefore ATK /lvl is much better then early game damage Marks which will add to like 20 ish since you wont be rushing in early game unless you want 2 jungle gank