League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Difference between top solo and mid solo? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=618342)

kwjnfkjsdg 03-30-2011 12:34 AM

Difference between top solo and mid solo?

i'm honestly tired of arguing with ashes and miss fortunes on who gets mid, when i use kassadin, or annie, or some other caster.

i get that ranged carries need the solo lane farm, i have no problem with that. but i need the mid lane simply cuz the lane is smaller and it's much easier to close the gap and get an early kill, plus it's easier access for the jungler as well as sidelanes. when i play a champ like kass or veigar i really need those early game kills as well as the farm solo lane gives me.

in top lane, ashe can have all the farm she wants. she can also harass all she wants. the slightly larger lane and harder jungler accessibility doesn't affect her as much since it's not like she has a gap closer and a burst combo to take someone out quickly. she can kite to kill in both top and mid.

so why do ranged champs always get priority for mid? when it's just a win win situation when they go top and casters go mid or something.

this is assuming your opponents aren't idiots and actually have a jungler so its a 1v1 up top.

corallein 03-30-2011 12:41 AM

Mid solo is harder to gank because of distance to tower and distance from bushes.

Your argument is null and void. With matchup exceptions, the more vulnerable solo laner should go mid. The smaller lane makes it harder to secure a kill because they can jump to the tower faster (plus all those nice and handy cliffs for flashing over).

Seelyon 03-30-2011 12:57 AM

All the champions you list (Kassadin, Veigar & Annie) are all much better in solo top then a physical ranged carry. Every single one of them strong escape potential to make up for the extra room in the lane. Kassadin has a blink after 6, Veigar has an aoe stun and Annie has a stun + aoe potential. This works well both offensively and defensively.

Defensively - Obvious makes you less of a gank target and if you do screw up, youve got a stun/escape to give you time to retreat over the distance (Ashe or another ranged carry would have to blow summoners or die).

Offensively - Lets take Kassadin as a prime example, if you rift walk once in mid thats it. top lane gives you double the room allowing for stronger combos (especially against said ranged carries who arent getting back to the tower quickly)

Anarchy656 03-30-2011 01:25 AM

Doing it US style, the more vulnerable one should have mid. Doing it EU style, the ranged AD carry doesn't need solo.

Thermaltake 03-30-2011 04:41 AM

eh .. forget that.. leave solo top for people like morde, sion and SUPERMUNDO ;)

DEAFRAY 03-30-2011 04:51 AM

The way I see it the champion with stronger ganking potential should be mid. Kass and Annie belong mid over MF, Sivir and Tristana, but Ashe should have it over Kass and Annie.

Jebbou 03-30-2011 05:19 AM

While we're on that topic, is there a reason why people talk about "solo top" and not "solo bottom"? Is there any advantages to soloing in that specific lane, or is it just some kind of convention to avoid 2on1 scenario?

Seelyon 03-30-2011 05:40 AM

By having 1 person top it leaves 2 people at bottom to protect the dragon.

PriorityOne 03-30-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebbou (Hozzászólás 7410255)
While we're on that topic, is there a reason why people talk about "solo top" and not "solo bottom"? Is there any advantages to soloing in that specific lane, or is it just some kind of convention to avoid 2on1 scenario?

Solo mid + Duo Bot + Jungler = 4 man team to protect dragon.

Suuperdad 03-30-2011 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wombatt (Hozzászólás 7409966)
The way I see it the champion with stronger ganking potential should be mid. Kass and Annie belong mid over MF, Sivir and Tristana, but Ashe should have it over Kass and Annie.

I completely 10000% disagree. Tower is way more important than ganking. MF, Sivir and Trist should get mid over any caster, and this should only change if a matchup-change is required. For example, putting Kass against a caster to silence harass, etc.

Priorities SHOULD be, in order of importance:

1) Taking an early tower
2) Staying alive
3) Killing your opponent laner
4) Ganking other lanes (this will naturally come if you succeed in 1, 2, and 3).

You want your mid lane to be the one that is most likely able to kill the mid tower, because killing mid tower first is monumentous strategically for midgame. As soon as mid tower drops, your mid can push their lane, go tank top or bot (or support dragon, counter jungle, etc), and be back in time to defend their mid. This trumps any other consideration. Whoever can kill mid tower faster ALWAYS should get mid. Note that this implies the ability to escape jungle ganks, since their lane may be pushed at times.

Second importance is staying alive, which deals with lane-length and all the stuff above posters have said.

IMO if you have Kassadin and Trist (for example), then Trist should absolutely get mid lane. She has the highest chance of dropping mid tower first. For that reason alone I would give Trist or Ashe mid instead of Kass. Ashe mid is obviously also a much better place for her when she hits 6, since she can then ultimate on top/bot easier. Besides, Kass pre-6 is basically just tower hugging and last hitting when he can. He should absolutely be top.