League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   @Riot Report Unskilled Player? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=583512)

ThunderZZZZ 03-15-2011 02:35 PM

@Riot Report Unskilled Player?

Seriously?

People who aren't good deserve to be reported and possibly banned just because they aren't as good as some of the other players...

What is that?

Condatis 03-15-2011 05:27 PM

I guess Riot trusts players to utilize common sense when reporting people.

owait...

Villiroth 03-15-2011 08:43 PM

Riot looks at all the reports, hence why it seems like no one gets banned. Because they have MILLIONS to go through.

I myself have been reported atleast a dozen times for having an utterly fail game with a champ I dont have much exp with or I got shut down by a better player, I havent even gotten an email from Riot yet about them.

adc 03-16-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villiroth (Hozzászólás 7008797)
Riot looks at all the reports, hence why it seems like no one gets banned. Because they have MILLIONS to go through.

I myself have been reported atleast a dozen times for having an utterly fail game with a champ I dont have much exp with or I got shut down by a better player, I havent even gotten an email from Riot yet about them.

Yet. But the button exists.

I play a round, go like 0/15/2 because I'm trying out a new champion, and apparently I can be reported for that? Ludicrous.

MemoryLapse 03-16-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyterFang (Hozzászólás 7019446)

I play a round, go like 0/15/2 because I'm trying out a new champion, and apparently I can be reported for that? Ludicrous.

I bet they dont consider unskilled play a serious offense, so in a way its like they can ignore any reports with Unskilled" tagged

ZĆLOT 03-17-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyterFang (Hozzászólás 7019446)

There should be no reason to go 0/15/2 even if youre trying a new champ. You should know the basics of the champ and the game. If you have only 2 assist with 15 deaths that means you're not helping your team at all = you're feeding = Deserved to be banned. There is absolutely no reason at level 30 to do that bad. If you were 0/15/10 or something then that means you are truly bad. But if you're 0/15/2 you deserve it. Absolutely no reason to do that bad when you are level 30.

Azrayel 03-18-2011 02:02 AM

What happened to the Summoner's Code?

I'm glad they expanded upon the options to report griefing, like intentional feeding and extended AFKs, but I lol'd hard when I saw "Negative Attitude", and got really worried for the future of the community when I saw "Unskilled Player."

If those sorts of reports are taken seriously, I forsee huge problems down the road. When I first started this game, it wasn't uncommon at all for me to have a 1/10/3 or 0/5/2 game on champs I spent lots of time to learn. Even now, sometimes due to circumstances beyond my control, I have a *really* bad game. Solo queue as a tank with a team that won't engage when you initiate? Lots of deaths, few assists. Play a carry with a team that doesn't understand teamfights? Lots of deaths, few kills. Have a bad lanemate? A team with poor map awareness? People that take a dislike to your champion or your item build, and therefore refuse to help you at all when you're in a pinch, instead standing there to watch you die? All of those are bad games.

As report-happy and rage-inclined as much of this playerbase can be at times, I'm not entirely certain these sorts of report options are the best plan, unless they're processed separately from serious offenses, like intentional leaving and griefing. If "Unskilled Player" gets the user a message linking to guides, or a few tips? Sure, I'm all for it. I just don't think it should be a bannable offense to be bad at the game uninentionally.

The only way to become a "skilled" player is to, well, play. Even with the new, hardcore bots, custom games and comp stomps don't approximate normal games at all. The human factor in games like this is an important one to learn, so until you have a fair number of games under your belt, you're not going to get noticeably better. Punishing people for being unskilled instead of helping them seems against the Summoner's Code.

ThunderZZZZ 03-18-2011 07:36 AM

Yeah....i'm not sure what Riot was thinking when they added it unless they like to report people for having bad games too =/ i hope the Unskilled player gets removed i too have bad games sometimes that are beyond my control and some people get upset...threaten to report for intentional feeding... WHEN IM NOT

Everyone has bad games they shouldnt be reported for them..

SkepticalCactus 03-18-2011 08:03 AM

Surprise, surprise

Surprise, surprise, LoL devs added yet another ******ed, useless, gameplay impeding update. If it wasn't for my friends wanting me to play I would have left this useless, unbalanced, well intentioned idiot-ruled game. But, ya know, friends are friends >.<

Lightness 03-18-2011 09:15 AM

Maybe its a trap. If you report someone for this you will be followed closely to see hows your attitude to noobs.