League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   riot could you plz fix backdooring (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=571461)

TOFLZ 03-10-2011 02:10 AM

riot could you plz fix backdooring

I know there is already a long and exhaustive thread about community attitude to backdooring however i would lke to plead my 2 cents

firstly games of league of legends go for too long
tanks are too tough
and backdooring is a major gameplay problem

whilst I use it from time to time (when the game is going for way to long)
I feel that backdooring should be removed because of the change in game dynamics it imposes, forcing your sronger characters to either constantly be on the defense or take teleport as a summoner ability.

The amount of times I've seen games won by master yi, twitch, TF or pantheon is ridiculous, diving towers because they know that their tanks can hold off the opponent during a 4 v 5, until they respawn
That players have to resort to moves such as this secure the win reeks of poor game design.

while i concede that map control/ wards can signifcantly reduce most characters ability to backdoor, some afformentioned characters have abilities that totally negate this

The answer is simple add in a mechanism that allows backdooring to be countered without taking teleport.

thank you good night

Xx VagHammer xX 03-10-2011 03:52 AM

saying the answer is "simple" and then stating an extremely vague solution is far from helpful. While I'm not against backdooring, the deny feature would certainly be a great addition. If not to creeps, at least to the towers with 20hp.

CapTortuga 03-10-2011 04:03 AM

Backdooring is just one of many strategies in the game.

Learn them all, learn how to counter them all.... and then you can call yourself a complete player...

Gunflame 03-10-2011 04:17 AM

- My games are not too long
- Tanks in my games are tough enough
- Backdooring is not a problem

OP = flawed logic.

go boots pots 03-10-2011 04:28 AM

Naw.. get out of here with all that.. some heros were made to bd.. u 18 them out and they have no other purpose (yi).. maybe your one of those people quitting when your down 30 kills.. but why? game is about base exploding.....GO... spend a day playing yi.. hes a comeback hero because of his massive building destroying force.. and his bitter hate for Singed..

Aemon Darkstar 03-10-2011 06:10 AM

Yeah, shut up. Backdooring is as much of a strategy as AoE-ultimate based team comps, or wandering gank squad comps.
Backdooring is simply a technique that emphasizes destroying the enemy's base (which is what you're SUPPOSED to be doing) instead of focusing on teamfights first. If you know the enemy tends to do that, its not that hard to let one champion defend while the rest fight and push.

ForeverLaxx 03-10-2011 06:22 AM

So basically, you want the game to hand you the options to prevent/delay/punish a Backdoor attempt, while ignoring the options they already give you as being "not good enough" simply because you can't get a team to sacrifice one of their 2 ignites, 3 exhausts, 2 ghosts, and 3 flashes on top of buying wards (and placing them intelligently) to pick up any combination of Fortify, Teleport, or Clairvoyance?

Or, in other words, you want the game to stop a Backdoor without any effort on your part.

No thanks.

supernoobss 03-10-2011 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra Stand (Hozzászólás 6853956)
saying the answer is "simple" and then stating an extremely vague solution is far from helpful. While I'm not against backdooring, the deny feature would certainly be a great addition. If not to creeps, at least to the towers with 20hp.

Deny makes the game more complicated to play.

RiskX 03-10-2011 06:44 AM

L2P

enough said ^_^

Campbell 03-10-2011 07:10 AM

Your team can also do the same thing or OMG counter it? One tele and you could kill them.