League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Comments On My Nidalee Rune Set Up (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=570426)

Colmstar 03-09-2011 02:34 PM

Comments On My Nidalee Rune Set Up

What do you think of my potential rune set up for Nidalee?
Marks: Magic Penetration
Seals: MP5/ per level
Glyphs: CDR
Quints: HP

Magic Penetrations for marks is obviously best for ap nidalee that mostly has skills that inflict magic damage
MP5/ per level__ I chose over dodge seals because Nidalee already has a high dodge rate in her cougar form but needs the mana regeneration for early game when she spams heals and spears.
CDR: Cougar form is very reliant on cool down reduction, not mana. In addition you can spam nidalee's health skill and spear shots more often.
Quints: HP, natural good choice for all champions and increased survivability.

So tell me what you think of this rune set up? ;)

Colmstar 03-09-2011 02:39 PM

Its my first time with runes so I want to know if I'm not wasting hard earned ip.

Colmstar 03-09-2011 10:05 PM

bump

malphismia 03-10-2011 02:20 AM

yeah thats perfect. make sure you go 9/0/21 for all the CDR masteries

I use magic resist in glyphs, and go 0/9/21

Warrrrax 03-10-2011 04:34 AM

Looks good 2 me. For marks, magic pen is pretty standard for caster types and you are right that she deals mostly magical damage, (rageblade aside).

Yellow, MP regen is pretty valuable since she is a mana hog. Even then you will still want a few Doran's or blue buff or other mana supply.

Blue flat CDR is what I use for ALL champions. In theory one might occasionally prefer magic resistance or something, but nobody really has the rune pages for all that. Most people have a Caster setup, an AD setup with armor pen, and a jungle setup with AS/Apen and Armor on their yellow.

Ive got 1 additional for Trynd only and if I had more, Id consider a blue magic resist page for certain champs.

GCqR5Uimh9I8RaTo 03-10-2011 08:02 AM

Meh, Nid always starts Doran's ring who cares about clarity runes. Nid does not run out of mana unless you waste mana on spears (which are near useless in lane unless your opponent is an idiot). I run armor pen marks (better in lane by far, better for tower pushing, and makes your takedown super scary). Mpen is really only useful for swipe/pounce....spears already do a crapload of damage when they hit long range and nothing when they are point blank. Seals I do dodge since Nid gets dodge from her ult. Running 0/9/21 with nimbleness makes her more wiley in cougar form. For glyphs, either CDR or MR/lvl. Quints, usually armor pen as well though sometimes HP.

Rageblade and AP/defensive items....this is pretty standard stuff for Nid. Pretty sure this is dead on if not very close to what HotshotGG uses who is widely considered the best Nidalee player on the planet.