League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [Suggestion] How to fix/solve KS'ing (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=552331)

myDougie 03-01-2011 12:03 PM

[Suggestion] How to fix/solve KS'ing

(This is generally for public games where people cry out KS! I know that in the competitive world final blows matter little.)

There is no real way to remove KS'ing (Kill Stealing) unless the person who does the most damage, not the final blow gets credit.

Other than that how could we at least slow down the flow of tears from the people who cry KS'er!

Well i suggest that we add a real time damage meter along with our K/D/A stats.

This damage meter should only show damage done to other enemy champions and not minions.

This is what World of Warcraft has done in its battle grounds and it really makes the game not about killing blows but about how much damage you have done to your enemy team. It sounds like such a simple thing but it really makes you care less on who got the final blow. Also it really makes you put in a effort to help your team mates and it exposes who is really just waiting till they can land a quick final blow for a ks.

So unless you are worried about stacks the final blow count should not matter anymore if we have damage done to enemy team mates.

5h4p3 03-02-2011 04:00 PM

The thing is, the last hit is often the hardest, that last sliver of damage can be worth several bars worth.

I'd be okay with something like this, but I'd still give some extra weight to the finishing blow.

myDougie 03-02-2011 06:22 PM

What do you think about adding a damage meter? Make people care less about the killing blow and more about damage done. (to champions only)

LastMagician 03-05-2011 05:49 PM

I was always thinking of this. Brilliant! And I think those who did more damage gets more IP :D

Crashez 03-05-2011 06:24 PM

How about if the person that does more dmg gets 75% of the gold pot and the KS/KB gets 25% depending on the amount of dmg done??

So you do 1000 dmg to a champ that is on a huge killstreak (1000g)
Some ******* comes in and does 25 dmg and gets the killing blow.
You get 750g ******* gets 250.

Meh I don't care, I actually leave the KB to team mates most of the time (ranged carries too)

Posezion 03-05-2011 08:35 PM

Well, although this is decent etc. But this would COMPLETELY take 3 items to a total re-haul. Such as Mejai's Soulstealer... Plenty of the times that people have Mejai's, I personally let them KS to get the 2 stacks. It's common sense to atleast make your team mate more powerful while you still get more gold for doing the most dmg. I do agree a dmg meter would be nice, but when your in a scramble 5v5 match and you kill 3 people in a row, how are you going to keep up with that?

All I'm saying is don't worry about people that cry about being KS'd, because in plenty of cases, it is vital to snowball items.

Zoulou 03-06-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastMagician (Hozzászólás 6745190)
I was always thinking of this. Brilliant! And I think those who did more damage gets more IP :D

Wouldn't be wise to give more IP correlativly on dmg dealt, what would happen to tanks and supports? its not all about dps.

Black Serpentis 03-07-2011 03:22 AM

But then you guys have to think, sometimes its not always damage that gets the kill (yeah I know it sounds weird but hear me out). Often when I play my team goes for a gank, only to have the enemy escape with little health. Or sometimes theyre being chased and we come in and turn it around. This isnt due to damage, but often disables/and slow. A well timed disable/slow can massively affect team battles, which in turn affect the game. And this disable might (and most likely) comes from a support character, whos damage output is close to none but it is only because of them that the team is able to get the kill. More often than not, people underestimate this support because without them, a Yi could just chase you across the map. I honestly think that this character is one of the most important on the team.

In my opinion, if you whine about kill-stealing you should just stop playing. Of course there are some exceptions, but people need to learn that DotA-type games are team games. As other people have said, sometimes you have to give the kill away. Give it to the Soulstealer, give it to the carry. Late game, theyre the ones who you'll be relying on.

But yeah, thats my two cents. I dont think more IP should be given out for kills. If anything, more IP should be given out on who destroys the most turrets or something =S

Zoulou 03-07-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Serpentis (Hozzászólás 6774640)
But then you guys have to think, sometimes its not always damage that gets the kill (yeah I know it sounds weird but hear me out). Often when I play my team goes for a gank, only to have the enemy escape with little health. Or sometimes theyre being chased and we come in and turn it around. This isnt due to damage, but often disables/and slow. A well timed disable/slow can massively affect team battles, which in turn affect the game. And this disable might (and most likely) comes from a support character, whos damage output is close to none but it is only because of them that the team is able to get the kill. More often than not, people underestimate this support because without them, a Yi could just chase you across the map. I honestly think that this character is one of the most important on the team.

In my opinion, if you whine about kill-stealing you should just stop playing. Of course there are some exceptions, but people need to learn that DotA-type games are team games. As other people have said, sometimes you have to give the kill away. Give it to the Soulstealer, give it to the carry. Late game, theyre the ones who you'll be relying on.

But yeah, thats my two cents. I dont think more IP should be given out for kills. If anything, more IP should be given out on who destroys the most turrets or something =S

Well said, I totally agree with you.

Malchak 03-08-2011 08:05 PM

Well although I agree with your premise there are still issues to be worked out.

How to divide up the gold?
This could be done easily enough by making gold rewards even numbers. So someone owning gets killed and there's a 1000 gold pot 75% of the damage that person gets 750 gold.

But here's my problem with your proposal. Say a tank/support (on your team)gets in to a fight and gets the other champ low. Now you can go in with MF or Ashe get a last hit in to get a ton of gold and the tank/support get credit for the assist. In your new frame work the tank/support would get more gold and most teams don't want that.

So leave it the way it is and start teaching tanks/supports to lay off last hits. If you are a tank/support don't qq about not last hitting. Feed carries.