League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 24

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bugged Since Beta: Alistar's Headbutt (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=549064)

Dapacman 02-28-2011 01:46 PM

Bugged Since Beta: Alistar's Headbutt

How is it that there's a known bug that makes a spell do zero damage, and it's been there since beta, and nobody's fixed it yet?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, Alistar's Headbutt occassionally (I'd say about 1 in 10 tries) does zero damage to a target that it hits and does not move them backwards, even though Alistar will use the mana, put the spell on CD, and charge at the enemy.

Plenty of bugs in this game get fixed constantly, but when there's one that's old enough, I guess it just gets swept under the rug.

The worst part about all this is that it's one of the oldest bugs in the entire game. TF has a similar bug with his Red Card, but that bug has only been around since they remade TF the second time, which I believe was a few months after the game went live. Alistar has had the stupid headbutt bug happening since the game was first released, and there has never even been mention of this by any Riot employee, much less an attempt at a fix like TF's Red Card bug is getting.

I'm bumping this thread repeatedly until they fix it. I'm really sick of losing games to the snowball effect of games. Dying twice when you should have had 2 kills, especially for a champion that's starved for items early game, can completely ruin your game in a lot of cases.

WAITING ON SOMEBODY FROM RIOT TO ACTUALLY TAKE NOTICE OF THIS BUG, SINCE SIMILAR BUGS ARE GETTING FIXED.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohums (Hozzászólás 7620417)
Do you think that you just missed the headbutt? It is possible to miss someone if they run out of headbutt range in time.

^ This is the closest I've seen to a response from Riot since....well.....ever. This isn't really a response, it's more of a polite way of asking me if I'm completely wrong. I'm not wrong. Read the thread, dozens of people have seen this bug, some of them have seen it hundreds of times. It's not a one-time accident, it's a bug.

Still waiting on a legitimate response on whether or not it will ever actually get FIXED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4-15-2011: Just played a game as Alistar, and in a 30 second span (max CDR, each time Headbutt came off of CD) I had the same exact bug happen THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES. All I was trying to do was break Ryze's Banshee's Veil so we could stun-lock him and start a fight. Each time I used headbutt on him, nothing would happen, I would get snared, and it would not break. I didn't bother pushing stun because the Banshee's Veil was still there.

This is a legitimate bug, Riot people. This is a point-and-click mechanic ability that has a chance to miss, meaning either this is a bug or you're using RNG (I'm sure it's a bug, you hate RNG). Fix it. Make it like Maokai's root. Make it like Lee Sin's kick. Those abilities don't miss. Those abilities are point-and-click. Alistar's headbutt can miss. That makes no sense.

Waiting on a new response and a legitimate solution to the problem.

Andromansis 02-28-2011 01:52 PM

It must be from these informative bug reports that tell you exactly how to replicate the problem.

Dapacman 02-28-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andromansis (Hozzászólás 6599466)
It must be from these informative bug reports that tell you exactly how to replicate the problem.

Replicating the problem is easy. Play Alistar, use your W that says it does 90/145/190/245/300 damage, and find out that about 10% of the time it does 0/0/0/0/0 damage.

IveGotThisLate 02-28-2011 01:56 PM

its usually at max range of the spell when ive ran across it.

it also doesn't even headbutt them away.

KittenBurglar 02-28-2011 01:57 PM

Same with TF red card.

SlyGoat 02-28-2011 01:57 PM

never experienced this. as someone who only purchased alistar a couple weeks ago and has played 4 games with him, i'm calling bull**** on this. there's no way you're more knowledgeable of Alistar's game mechanics than me.

Hakolin 02-28-2011 01:58 PM

I've been getting this more as of late. It seems like it does it most when at max range and they're running away. It might also have to do with collision, as I've used it a few times with lots of minions in the way and gotten nothing.

Either way, it sucks.

Quintessence 02-28-2011 01:59 PM

how about we also fix the bug that allows alistar to cast headbutt and pulverize at the same exact time :(

Dapacman 02-28-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IveGotThisLate (Hozzászólás 6599560)
its usually at max range of the spell when ive ran across it.

it also doesn't even headbutt them away.

I just played a game where a 50 HP Malphite was running away without his passive ready (he was running through Teemo shrooms, so I'm 100% sure it was down). I headbutted him (I was maxing it that game) which should have done 300 damage (I was level 9) and it was from half the range. It simply did not do anything. I died as a result, and he lived, because he threw a rock at me and ran away, which damaged me enough for his teammates to barely kill me with Ignite.

Yeah, it's a horrible bug that needs to get fixed. Now.

Andromansis 02-28-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittenBurglar (Hozzászólás 6599571)
Same with TF red card.

Ok, again, this doesn't really tell me how to replicate the problem.
How do I know that you guys aren't just having problems with the enemy team getting Banshee's Veil?