League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gragas item builds? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=54760)

DatWubWub 02-02-2010 09:23 AM

Gragas item builds?

Turning gragas into dps. Attack damage or ap? I can see either working well, he only has 2 ap moves though.

weizur 02-02-2010 09:54 AM

Well the recommended is ap and cooldown I tried that and it was pretty good. I kinda doubt attack damage would be very great on him though. It's wierd though because his charge is based off of attack damage so maybe.

Lightwrks 02-02-2010 10:00 AM

AP/ Cooldown/ Health

RoA, Soul Shroud, Nashors, etc.

I imagine him as a long range assist caster with decent survivability.

Grovel 02-02-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightwrks (Hozzászólás 608356)
AP/ Cooldown/ Health

RoA, Soul Shroud, Nashors, etc.

I imagine him as a long range assist caster with decent survivability.

I 2nd this. Playing around with him it seems like he does less damage than anticipated and he's more of a disrupter/area denier/supporter with decent survivability.

I just don't see his charge being the initiator that people assume (he's no Malphite or Poppy)

FnkyTwn 02-02-2010 10:16 AM

Yeah his Body Slam (Charge) distance almost seems too short, however against a slow
retreating enemy it does work as a constant slow/damage as it's got a short cooldown.

Basically charge them, hit them, throw a barrel out to where they're headed. Repeat.

He does remind me a lot of Janna though. Even his ulti, only its damage and not healing.

FuzzD 02-02-2010 10:18 AM

From what I've seen of him, the charge is only part of his initiation. Charge -> Explosive Barrel does a much better job of separating the enemy team, while also leaving them with the charge slow. Conversely, throwing his barrel in, knocking back a squishy, and Charging it seems pretty good. His Barrel Toss seems really good too. I really dig the delay on the explosion. Awesome mind games there. Also, it should be noted that barrels are not considered team objects like Wards, Mushrooms, and whatnot. They have no vision, thus you cannot use them to check bushes like you can with Karthus's Lay Waste.

weizur 02-02-2010 10:41 AM

Yeah I just tried building him as a tank and he really sucked. So go ap cooldown

Balonar 02-02-2010 10:46 AM

Real quick: what's Gragas' IP cost?

zastrozzi 02-02-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balonar (Hozzászólás 608647)
Real quick: what's Gragas' IP cost?

975/3150. I'm really considering buying him, regardless of how much he sucks. He just seems really fun.

Lightwrks 02-02-2010 11:15 AM

I beg to differ that he "sucks" just yet. He's not as good of a killer as most casters though. He is all about survivability, and assisting your teammates.