League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=545652)

WWWilliam 02-26-2011 11:34 PM

[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

You know how in Summoners Rift you can either spawn on Blue side(bottom left) or Purple side(top right) 50% chance on which side you spawn on. Doesn't sound to bad does it?

Well it is very bad indeed, you may be thinking "troll" ":O! really?" but i will explain my point.

Strait to point:Blue side has a HUGE! advantage, I'm not sure on technical term but I'll call it your HLOS(HUD's line of sight) when playing your see your champion in a overhead view following your champion. But it's not perfectly over head meaning your not looking directly above your champion strait down on top of his head the view is tilted lets say 30degrees south.(that's not problem games rarely have direct over head HLOS)
BUT This means in game in your HLOS you can see further north and less south.

So Blue side spawns in bottom left so every thing it needs to see and go towards is mostly north and the angle of the HLOS means Blue team can see far north and prepare plan be aware of whats there.
On the other hand:Purple spawns on Top right side meaning most of the things they are going towards and needs to see is south and the angle of the HLOS at 30degrees south giving further view north and less view south means Purple team CANNOT see whats coming whats there what they are doing or do things in that direction.

See what I mean?

Purple side is at a huge disadvantage sure it might seem insignificant to some people but I think LOL is a game that pays a lot of detail to the details like Champions fairness and capability's.

So many games I've lost of purple team I believe because of this "insignificant detail" not as obvious as if purple team has poison on them the hole game losing 5hp/5sec. But Worse and less obvious.
Every battle every champion fight purple side cannot see as far as blue team towards the enemy's side. Less prepared less aware less capable to counter less confident to attack etc.

Don't believe me? I like playing as Blitzcrank and using his grab to pull someone close is one of his main moves and to do that i need to see where I'm grabbing its very difficult to grab someone especially around minions and a lot of time i have to rely on peoples underestimating the range on Rocket Grab(because no one stands near Blitz) so I have to use ALL of the range on it to get someone often. On Purple side your at a HUGE disadvantage!! Stand in a vertical part of a lane(that's where this HLOS problem is most predominant) Aim your rocket grab so you can see the arrow where it will reach move the arrow pointing north you can see the HOLE length of the arrow meaning you can grab someone and maneuver though minions and get a good angle and use full range of grab, Move the arrow so its pointing south you can only see HALF!! OF THE ARROW! meaning you can only rely on using against someone right next to you whats the point of grabbing someone next to you? other wise its a shot in the dark.
Sure you can unequip the HLOS from your champion (which I am forced to do often) it gives you more awareness but gives you anther thing to pay attention to: camera control so many times I've died caus acidently moved camera to far when trying to do spell at max range and way more complex in tense situation trying to survive and kill do everything while controlling your camera just because your purple side.

If you don't have Blitzcrank try it on any champion with any spell has fair range see how much of he north side of the spells range is visible compared to the south side.
That's why i feel like so many games I've lost on purple side because of side of team because have essentially less range and LOS on purple side.

Seriously if Riot catch's wind of this you should check stats and see how many more times purple team has lost compared to blue team.(If purple team loses more than 70% of time pretty much proves my point :P)

Solutions:
-Depending on which is easier for the servers and easier to do either make the HLOS rotatable like some RTS games Eg:Age of empires
-Make Purple side spawn in bottom left as well so which ever side you spawn on your spawning in bottom left meaning each team will look like there spawning in bottom left on there screen and other team in top right
-Making mid lane horizontal like Twisted Treeline.
-Adding a longer "Zoom Out" so you can see range of all skills within it your HLOS while locked onto your champion may be the most plausible solution. (even though doesn't make it even but makes the disadvantage have minimal effect)

Please! I hate feeling like I'm losing because I have a disadvantage because of the random side I was placed. Comments suggestions and just plain comments saying this is good idea are appreciated. Because I really want this Fixed.

Till it gets fixed here's how to avoid purple team.
When selecting champion just above the teams champions in top left corner there is text "Your Team" and it's font is either purple or blue and that's your team that game if it's purple back out before it's to late.

Uroyoan 02-27-2011 10:56 AM

i agree dude im also a blitzcrank user and some chars that like to rush to oponents/ use abilities that have the arrow
my solution is for LoL to flip the screen.
what i mean is make it so blue keeps his viewpoint and purple also has a hud like blue point they both going north in their perpective.

Fishburn 02-27-2011 02:04 PM

i cmpletely agree, i usually have a bad time playing summoners rift on the upper right corner

incongruity 02-27-2011 04:14 PM

I agree. You'd think something this huge would have been addressed while the game was still in beta, especially considering the size of the old hud.

WWWilliam 02-27-2011 08:59 PM

Good to hear it's not just me thinking this, I was thinking I can't be only one who's noticed this because the amount of detail people go into over champions and items.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uroyoan (Hozzászólás 6570382)
my solution is for LoL to flip the screen.
what i mean is make it so blue keeps his viewpoint and purple also has a hud like blue point they both going north in their perpective.

That seems like the most plausible fix, Just gave the rotating screen as a option who knows what will be easier for riot to make as long as it gets fixed :P.

M13online 02-28-2011 06:38 AM

Do what I do. Just play twisted tree line. :-)

The teams are even.

Wizard975 02-28-2011 11:10 AM

Unlock the camera?

xiri 02-28-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard975 (Hozzászólás 6596164)
Unlock the camera?

+1

Trickbaby 02-28-2011 03:51 PM

unlocking the camera is the best way to counteract this... however, i have a much harder time landing skillshots with the camera unlocked... this is my issue though, not the games.

It would be nice to have a little more adjustment available in the camera... even just being able to pan out a little more, would make a big difference.

WWWilliam 02-28-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard975 (Hozzászólás 6596164)
Unlock the camera?

You kinda have to do that but I don't like doing that because adds hole new thing to worry about: Camera Control. For example other day playing as Tristina jumped into battle then got a double kill then at really low hp surrounded by minions go to jump as far away as i can, so move cursor to top corner of screen to jump as far as i can then screen rushes all way back to spawn and i die :l

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickbaby (Hozzászólás 6602968)
unlocking the camera is the best way to counteract this... however, i have a much harder time landing skillshots with the camera unlocked... this is my issue though, not the games.

It would be nice to have a little more adjustment available in the camera... even just being able to pan out a little more, would make a big difference.

Panning out camera is something i hadn't thought of, Because it would make you able to use the range of your skills and still not see far because the "Fog of War" but would make everything smaller (but that's a lot better then the alternative.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by M13online (Hozzászólás 6591410)
Do what I do. Just play twisted tree line. :-)

The teams are even.

I use to but don't like the -20% exp and/or IP Because a lot of games I play last just as long on that map.