League of Legends Community
123

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Viable Malphite builds? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=42977)

Hokkaido 01-03-2010 08:48 PM

Viable Malphite builds?
 
So I started using Malphite and I got to say hes a fun character. The problem is the guides I have read have item builds that are way different then those I see in tournies and other players using. So I was wondering what some viable builds are for Malphite and justification.

So far I have been starting with getting a Heart of gold, Ninja Tabi, Banshee or Rod of ages depending if the enemy is caster heavy or not, Sunfire Cape, Warmongers or Frozen Heart, again depending on if they are caster heavy or attack dps, and finally a Frozen Mallet.

Item line up again:

Heart of Gold
Ninja Tabi
Rod of Ages or Banshee Veil
Sunfire Cape
Warmongers or Frozen Heart
Frozen Mallet

omgacow 01-03-2010 08:51 PM

Carry Malphite
Avarice blade
Serk Greaves
last Whisperer
Inf Edge
Veil Maybe, otherwise Phantom Dancer

Tank Maplhite
Aegis
Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads
Frozen Heart
Veil for Caster Team
Phantom Dancer for Melee team

Hokkaido 01-03-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgacow (Hozzászólás 474645)
Carry Malphite
Avarice blade
Serk Greaves
last Whisperer
Inf Edge
Veil Maybe, otherwise Phantom Dancer

Tank Maplhite
Aegis
Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads
Frozen Heart
Veil for Caster Team
Phantom Dancer for Melee team

Why put so much dps items on him when his attacks are based on AP and how much armor he has?

omgacow 01-03-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hokkaido (Hozzászólás 474669)
Why put so much dps items on him when his attacks are based on AP and how much armor he has?


The Carry build you Max out Q and W first, Q still does a good amount of damage and with infinity edge and your W you can easily hit 1k crits

Hokkaido 01-03-2010 09:11 PM

Most Malphites I see start with their E and Q and dont really spec into their W skill until post level 6. I have been doing the same thing and I just havent been seeing my W skill doing much damage regardless if its on or off.

Lemons 01-03-2010 09:15 PM

Aegis of Legion
Mercury Treads
Banshee's Veil
Guardian Angel/Frozen Heart

You are a tank. Your purpose is to initiate team fights and take damage for your teammates. Brutal Spikes is useless, you should focus on the other 3 abilities. Mostly the shard. The shard will save you and let you kill. You can use it to run away or you can use it to slow and chase.

omgacow 01-03-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hokkaido (Hozzászólás 474690)
Most Malphites I see start with their E and Q and dont really spec into their W skill until post level 6. I have been doing the same thing and I just havent been seeing my W skill doing much damage regardless if its on or off.

Well, using the build in your post, it wont.

Use this spell build

Q
W
Q
W
Q
R
Q
E
Q
E
R
W
W
W
E
R
E
E

With the carry item build you will be constantly critting people for 500, 700 dmg with 5 ranks of W on, you can also level towers incredibly fast with W

Hokkaido 01-03-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemons (Hozzászólás 474703)
Aegis of Legion
Mercury Treads
Banshee's Veil
Guardian Angel/Frozen Heart

You are a tank. Your purpose is to initiate team fights and take damage for your teammates. Brutal Spikes is useless, you should focus on the other 3 abilities. Mostly the shard. The shard will save you and let you kill. You can use it to run away or you can use it to slow and chase.

I'll give this build a try cause im about to start a game and see if i like it.

Hokkaido 01-03-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemons (Hozzászólás 474703)
Aegis of Legion
Mercury Treads
Banshee's Veil
Guardian Angel/Frozen Heart

You are a tank. Your purpose is to initiate team fights and take damage for your teammates. Brutal Spikes is useless, you should focus on the other 3 abilities. Mostly the shard. The shard will save you and let you kill. You can use it to run away or you can use it to slow and chase.

Tried this build and felt like i got no bang for my buck. Trying omgacow's dps build now.

Hokkaido 01-03-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgacow (Hozzászólás 474707)
Well, using the build in your post, it wont.

Use this spell build

Q
W
Q
W
Q
R
Q
E
Q
E
R
W
W
W
E
R
E
E

With the carry item build you will be constantly critting people for 500, 700 dmg with 5 ranks of W on, you can also level towers incredibly fast with W

Just played a game that lasted up until 5 minutes after I finished your build. I was criting for 800's and basically as soon as i finished my phantom dance ther surrendered cause i was hitting so much. Fun build lol


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:14 PM.
123


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc