League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Nunu - Jungle/Tank The Guide to Micromanaged Nunu (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=42165)

Bait 12-31-2009 04:48 PM

[Guide] Nunu - Jungle/Tank The Guide to Micromanaged Nunu

Although shorter than my other guides, I put a lot of effort into developing this strategy. It's been game-breaking for me and I hope you guys enjoy it too.

This is the type of Nunu that makes higher ELO players qq. A highly strategic counter to counter type of play.

Leaguecraft Link:
I usually update the leaguecraft guide first so there may be some small parts that appear in the leaguecraft guide and not in this one.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...managed%20Nunu

Table of Contents
Introduction 2
Masteries + Runes 3
Items 4
Skilling Order 5
Summoner Abilities 6
Play Guide 7
Working in the team 8
Nunu, The Yeti Rider
The Freljord is an unforgiving place, a mountainous land covered in snow and ice. Travel, especially in the winter, can be very dangerous. The elements often claim even those who have spent their entire lives there. The boy known as Nunu is one of those who fell prey to such tragedy. One day when he was a young child, Nunu rode on his father's back as they returned from a trapping expedition in the mountains. An unexpected blizzard came upon them, forcing them to seek refuge in a cave. The tempest lasted for days. Nunu's father had to leave to find food, but never returned. Eventually the blizzard cleared and the young child lay dying on the mountainside. Fortunately, this was the land of the yetis, powerful beasts with whom Nunuís father had secured an arrangement for safe passage. A young yeti boy named Willump found Nunu and brought him home. From then on, Nunu was raised by the yetis. When the League of Legends was formed, the yetis knew they needed a champion. Riding his brother Willump, Nunu became that champion.

''Imagine what Nunu will be like when he grows up!''

2. Introduction
This is meant for players who strive to be in the higher ELO range. It's also a very high skill level build so don't assume things will go smoothly from the start. I suggest you try the jungle section in practice against bots or something first if you're not familiar with it.

3. Masteries + Runes
Masteries:
Offense:
-Archmage's Saavy [3/3]
-Deadliness [1/1]
-Sorcery [4/4]
-Archaic Knowlege [1/1]

Utility:
-Preserverence [3/3]
-Good Hands [1/1]
-Awareness [4/4]
-Greed [1/1]
-Meditation [3/3]
-Utility Mastery [1/2]
-Quickness [3/3]
-Blink of an Eye [1/1]
-Intelligence [3/3]
-Presence of the Master [1/1]

Runes:
Marks = Magic Penetration
Seals = Hit Points per Level
Glyph = Magic Resist per Level
Quintessence = Hit Points

4. Items
Start:
Fairy Charm
Sight Wardx2
Red Potionx3

Items in order:
Ruby Crystal -> Catalyst the Protector
Boots of Speed
Catalyst the Protector -> Banshee's Veil
Boots of Speed -> Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi
Ruby Crystal -> Aegis of the Legion
Guardian Angel or Sunfire Cape

5. Skilling Order
Nunu's Skills are fairly easy.
1. Consume (Ice Blast if there is a gank at level 1.)
2. Consume or Ice Blast, whichever you didn't get.
3. Ice Blast
4. Blood Boil
5. Ice Blast
x1. Snow Storm (Max first)
x2. Ice Blast (Max second)
x3. Blood Boil (Max third)
x4. Consume (Max last)

6. Summoner Abilities
Smite and Flash

7. Play Guide
Before using this guide, make sure you have 2 allies who are adept at solo laning. Generally, the characters that farm well such as Tristana, Anivia, Ashe, Annie, Corki, and Katarina are good at solo. If this condition is not met, jungling may be a bad idea.

At start, use sight ward on the dragon. Do it on the entrance to the dragon so you can spot early ganks as well as the dragon itself.
Retreat to your allies and help them with Lizard King, Ancient Golem, or Dragon.

If your enemies try to kill the dragon, go behind the dragon and try to smite it for the last hit.

Afterwards, aim for the regular golems, wolf pack, and ghost pack jungle minions.
At the start of each battle, have consume or exhaust ready. If you don't, you will take excessive damage, be forced to go back to base, and slow down your rate of jungling overall.

Once you are level 4-5, make sure your allies are alright. Once you are level 6, try to gank.

If nobody did the dragon and the sight ward wears off, use your other sight ward on the entrance to the dragon. Nunu should buy several sight wards, carry about 1-2 at all times. Warding Baron Nashor is a good idea once you are about level 11.

8. Working in the team
In a 5-man gank, Nunu's job is to flash into as many people as you can and cast your Snowstorm. If it appears you will die before snowstorm fully charges, cancel snowstorm right before you die. If you survive this ordeal, Ice Blast and try to pick off the enemies that survived.

Crazy Demon 01-01-2010 09:34 AM

I'm eager to see how this build works. Every time I've jungled or played with a jungle nunu, it has only ended in failure.

Grovel 01-20-2010 09:30 AM

Tried this last night vs. some bots. Mind you I don't have any runes and I'm only summoner level 16, but jungling at level 1 seemed pretty difficult or slow if I waited for smite on the 2nd neutral pack. Wolf pack seems like the safest first target, then blow up a Golem, hit level 2 and throw snowballs at the 2nd Golem until he dies.

Do you head right in at level 1 or lane for a level or two and then take off into the Jungle? Once you hit level 3 Nunu doesn't seem to have much of a problem with any non-rune/non-dragon neutral, and the gold seemed much better than what I usually get in a lane (although I'm skeptical about pubbing low ELO games and letting a teammate take a 2v1).

Slide 01-20-2010 09:39 AM

@Grovel:

Jungling is typically difficult if you dont have the runes and masteries to support it. I would imagine without any runes and without the 30 mastery points (and since this is an advanced guide) that it would not work.

Bait 01-20-2010 09:41 PM

this guide is obsolete with new dragon spawn time.

Zorom 10-11-2010 03:50 AM

awesome guide man, lvl 26 as i type and just won the game, first time nunu first time jungle xD