Original post, for better formatting and images
Welcome to my Miss Fortune guide! This is my first guide so leave comments/suggestions below and I'll see what I can do.
Miss Fortune is one of the many ranged Attack Damage (AD) champions in League of Legends. She excels in dealing Area of Effect
damage with her ultimate. Many teamfights depend on this type of damage! Tristana, may do more single-target damage, but
Miss Fortune will do that damage to their entire
team. With a simple calculation we can show that Area of Effect damage is pretty important!
We assume that your ultimate, Bullet Time, hits 3
- Each bullet of her level 2 ultimate deals 85+0.5*100=135 magic damage, while hitting about thrice a second: 3 * 135 = 405 damage.
- This is applied to 3 enemies: 3* 405= 1215 damage per second. That is a HUGE amount of damage while under level 16.
Hasta la vista, Tristana!
- Great last hitting.
- Good farming (Make It Rain)
- Champion with one of the largest base range.
- Above 2 makes for: Great kiting ability
- AoE ultimate
- Damage skill, for free bonus damage. And active for attack speed. (Impure Shots)
- Good passive for great mobility around the map. (Strut)
- Okay harass, with Strut + Make It Rain.
- Has a crazy laugh
- No stuns
- Not the best 1v1 (AD) champion!
- Strut is not usefull in battles
- Double Up hits randomly
I pick ghost so I can kite better, chase faster and also escape some nasty situations.
You can never have enough survivabilty Summoner Spells for a squishy carry. You will encounter plenty situations where flash will save your life, while ignite or exhaust wouldn't.
Other summoner spells that may come in handy in certain situations are:
- Cleanse Against a team of stunners, blinders and slowers.
- Exhaust For use as anti-carry spell, this is very effective. Also serves as a damage increaser and escape ability, while slowing your chaser.
- Teleport Blue pill to home and to the lane in a flash? Teleport delivers you this capability. Lanes being pushed: Teleport. Friends getting ganked: Teleport. You get the idea, it gives you a large map presence when handled properly. Also check Elementz' Teleport comments
- Strut Strut is your passive ability. It helps you get around the map way faster than other champions. You can also use it to kite champions that cannot damage you from afar. But be aware that minion hits will also cancel your passive!
- Double Up Next comes Double Up which I mainly use to hit 2 enemy champions when they stand close to eachother. Using it on minions in the laning phase, while hoping to hit the champion is mostly a waste of mana, because -unleveled- Double Up doesn't deal much more damage than an auto-attack. Pro tip: Use double up between auto-attacks for bonus damage!
Originally Posted by Camper David
double up isnt random, it hits a target withing 500 from the initial target but always aims in about a 60-70 degree triangle behind them picking champions over minions. with just a few games of practice, that second 115% damage shot always pings a champ. once you learn that, double up will harass enemy champs out left and right because with good positioning, there is no "safe zone" behind the minion wave.
- Pick one level at level 4 and then level last.
- Impure Shots Following is Impure Shots, your auto-attack skill. It has a nice passive that stacks, making you deal magic damage on top of your normal auto-attacks. You can see it as the old version of malady. It's active gives you a very decent amount of attack speed and reduces healing. You have your own ignite, use it! Mundo uses ult? No problem, one Impure shot will make him pay! Pick one at level 2 and then level after Make It Rain
- Make It Rain Make It Rain, this is the ability I use most in any match. Early game it's so good for a number of things. 1:You can farm minions from afar; 2: You can push lanes with it; 3:You can escape ganks with it; 4:You can/must use it for harass. Try to hit both the caster minions and the enemy champion at the same time. And if they are close and running, hit them with an auto-attack while they're slowed. I level this second
- Bullet Time Your ultimate Bullet Time is your signature move. It is what makes Miss Fortune really different from other champions. Very important to notice is that you mustn't use it when a teamfight hasn't started yet, or has just begun. Wait till both teams have committed to the battle and then use your ultimate for MAXIMUM LAUGHTER (I really love crazy laughs). I level this first
- I always start off with a Doran's blade. It just gives so much value for you money. You may want to consider a Doran's Shield if you'd like to play really defensive, but that item is less usefull than a Blade later on. Also buy a health pot, so you can farm more before going back to Home. Tip: If you have lost 300 health or more, use your health pot. You want to keep your health high for possible ganks and you won't regen fast anyway early game.
- Next off are boots of speed and more health pots. Boots are required really soon, because as a ranged carry you will have to keep your distance with melee champions, because they will outdamage you when you're not fed. You may proceed to step 3 if you have 435g or more left.
- To finish off the Early Game and make you able to gank, is the B.F. Sword. Later on we will build this into Infinity Edge so Last Hitting will become a breeze, your ult will be supercharged and harass is your thing.
Early game you will want to keep last hitting as good as possible. Harass with auto-attacks is cool, but keep in mind that minions will attack you as soon as you auto attack a champion. Even if you get 2 hits off, the minions will possibly deal that damage right back at you. So a better strategy is to use Make It Rain as it will NOT agress minions
(spells don't draw minion aggro). You may want to start ganking about now, if you feel like it. But Mid Game is where you will really shine in ganking.
- Welcome to Mid Game, gank time as I would interpret it. After getting to about level 8-10, let someone take over mid and recall for boots. Mercury's are my favorite, because casters are usually my main threat, but Boots of Swiftness will also do if you're in a good position to kite. If you have some money left, grab Pickaxe or Cloak of Agility.
- You have tried to gank lanes, now it's time to push! If your ganks have been succesful, push with the champions in your current lane. Dual lanes are good for this, because even if one person comes to the turret, you're still with 3 people. Map Awareness is the keyword here, so consider buying a Vision Ward if your thinking of pushing. In any case, last hitting is still a top priority so you can get your Infinity Edge for some real punching power. This item alone is worth recalling for as it gives you so many good stats! Also grab a vampiric scepter if you have to money to spare.
- Next up is Stark's Fervor. Get a Recurve Bow first, preferably, but a Vampiric Scepter will also do. As long as you're building Starks.
- Now to finish it off, we'll finish building our Stark's Fervor and move towards more team oriented play. Consider grabbing another B.F. Sword for your 'The Black Cleaver' before finishing off Stark's, if your team doesn't have any other champions that benefit from the aura.
Mid Game is your time to shine! Try to draw the attention of you jungler, so he will come gank mid or take over the lane while you get ganking. Move in behind the enemy you're trying to gank, while assuring yourself the you won't die. Check their summoner spells!
If you've pinged the map, so your teammates know you're attacking, then you may initiate the fight. Your Make It Rain is very important, try to position it as such that the enemy will have to walk trough it to get to safety, but make sure it hits
your enemy, by putting at least the edge
over him. If you can gank their solo
lane, that is preferred, because it will cost them XP and you can more easily kill 1 person with 2 ultimates. But plan your actions wisely, summoner. Fortune doesn't favor fools!
- If the enemy team has 2 enemies that are getting any amount of armor, The Black Cleaver will rip right through that. With Stark's and your rune you will already passively shred 50 armor, but with The Black Cleaver you will shred, at MAXIMUM LAUGHTER, over 120 armor!
- If the enemy has many bulky champions you may choose to get Madreds Bloodrazor before The Black Cleaver. It's attack speed will stack with that of Impure Shots and Starks, for MAXIMUM LAUGHTER. And when you finish The Black Cleaver after Madreds, your laughter will be pretty deadly...
- Are you getting focused and having trouble keeping your distance from the enemy? Don't fear, The Frozen Mallet is here! It gives you a huge lump of health, but more importantly a permanent slow for maximum kiting/laughter.
- Their magic champions are fed? They have 4+ magic champions? You are getting jumped by kassadin all the time? Then get Force of Nature. It is now cheaper than Banshees Veil. And gives you movement speed, health regen and maximum magic resistance. Even more than a Banshees.
- Is Master Yi sticking his sword where it doesn't belong? Then get Guardian Angel for more armor and survivability. However, make sure that you never stand in the middle of their team. Then even your Angel won't save you.
It is endgame now. You are Miss Fortune and not a solo pusher, so try to stick with your team
. Stay behind your tank, never walk into the enemy team and try not to initiate. If they come storming at you, back off, start kiting
. You dont want to end up int he middle of their tanks while their dps are firing on you. Of course focussing tanks is not always a good idea, but if you cant reach their carries without putting yourself in the middle of the brawl, you should shoot the tanks. As a DPS you are in fact suitable to destroy
Variations in builds
I cannot stress this enough, but if you're experienced enough you can decide for yourself what the best items are. This is after all, only a guideline! There are other items that would fit into this build like a Youmou's Ghostblade before your Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer and even a Manamune instead of your second Doran's Blade. You can also buy a Bloodthirster if you want more lifesteal and pure Attack Damage, instead of an infinity edge. However, keep in mind that in the end, the critical from an Infinity Edge results in more auto-attack damage.
I hope you liked reading my guide, please remember to post comments below. And to you whiners, trollers and *****ers out there: Watch your mouth kid, or you'll find yourself respawning at home!