League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shaco help (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=41392)

Black Jester 12-29-2009 10:38 AM

Shaco help

Lately i have been playing with shaco, at the start of the game i go to kill the lizard to get his buff. So after putting 3-4 Jake in the boxes before he spawns i find when he appears the Jake in the boxes don't work they sit invisoed and leave me to take all the dmg of the lizard and making it unalbe to kill even with rally and smite there to help me. is there somthing diffrent that I should try to do or is it how many of them i put down. Plz help the shaco minnow. Would like to be a shaco shark :)

Shogi 12-29-2009 10:51 AM

If you put your Jacks near him they will attack as soon as he spawn. You won't even be able to get the aggro if you're not fast enough to issue your champ to attack.

Aren't you just placing them too far away or maybe placing them near the other lizards (because they will target the first enemy on sight and then stop attacking)?

I play AP Shaco, going for golem at the start, never had a problem with Jacks.

Black Jester 12-29-2009 10:39 PM

What i do is put them right on basically on the lizard were he would spawn but still the do not activate i will try placing them a little bit more back. Along with this i put the right behind where the lizard/golem spawn but they never go off mby im not meant to play shaco. :(

karode 12-29-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogi (Hozzászólás 456112)
If you put your Jacks near him they will attack as soon as he spawn. You won't even be able to get the aggro if you're not fast enough to issue your champ to attack.

Aren't you just placing them too far away or maybe placing them near the other lizards (because they will target the first enemy on sight and then stop attacking)?

I play AP Shaco, going for golem at the start, never had a problem with Jacks.

That's how it used to work, given it would sometimes bug out and they wouldn't attack. Ever since last patch the JiTB's will not attack if planted within range of the spawns. If you drag them outside of the attack range, then back into the attack range they will then start working.

You tend to not see so many Shaco's with rune buffs at level 1 any more.

Unemployed Ninja 12-30-2009 05:50 AM

its still VERY easy to get the rune buffs at level 1 with shaco and jester if you add me later i will personally show you how to do it when im on the game

Labomba 12-30-2009 05:54 AM

Just played Shaco yesterday. First of all, Golem buff > lizard buff at level 1. You need the mana to spam shiv and jitb.

Secondly, the proper way to jitb Golem:
1) At the start as soon as the game comes up, grab your items as fast as possible (I go meki's to regen on jitb CD and also 2x health pots).
2) proceed as fast as you can to the Golem. You want to arrive at or before the announcer saying "Welcome to Summoner's Rift".
3) While you are running to Golem, select jitb as your first skill.
4) When you arrive, stand in the nearby brush and lay your first jitb down a good distance from the Golem and minions so it doesn't trigger right when they spawn. You really need to get it down asap when you arrive at Golem to start the CD.
5) Be timely with your cooldown so you can lay the next jitb at a similar distance as the first one.
6) You should be able to drop 4-5 jitb by the time "Minions have spawned" sounds.
7) When Golem spawns, walk behind him so you get the 25% passive. When you hit him, walk him back towards your pile of jitb. He will get feared.
8) At this point, he should be focusing on the jitb's while the minions might be hitting you. Position yourself behind golem for your passive to work and finish him off as your last jitb dies.
9) Your jitb will actually be off cooldown right as the golem dies. Feel free to drop another one to help finish off the minions.
10) Remember to use your health pot early (around 80% hp) so you don't leave with extremely low health -- the whole point of getting the golem buff is so you can begin strong harassment with shiv and jitb and hope for an early kill. However, if you leave with low hp, it's likely you'll be killed first anyway.

Black Jester 12-30-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labomba (Hozzászólás 459103)
Just played Shaco yesterday. First of all, Golem buff > lizard buff at level 1. You need the mana to spam shiv and jitb.

Secondly, the proper way to jitb Golem:
1) At the start as soon as the game comes up, grab your items as fast as possible (I go meki's to regen on jitb CD and also 2x health pots).
2) proceed as fast as you can to the Golem. You want to arrive at or before the announcer saying "Welcome to Summoner's Rift".
3) While you are running to Golem, select jitb as your first skill.
4) When you arrive, stand in the nearby brush and lay your first jitb down a good distance from the Golem and minions so it doesn't trigger right when they spawn. You really need to get it down asap when you arrive at Golem to start the CD.
5) Be timely with your cooldown so you can lay the next jitb at a similar distance as the first one.
6) You should be able to drop 4-5 jitb by the time "Minions have spawned" sounds.
7) When Golem spawns, walk behind him so you get the 25% passive. When you hit him, walk him back towards your pile of jitb. He will get feared.
8) At this point, he should be focusing on the jitb's while the minions might be hitting you. Position yourself behind golem for your passive to work and finish him off as your last jitb dies.
9) Your jitb will actually be off cooldown right as the golem dies. Feel free to drop another one to help finish off the minions.
10) Remember to use your health pot early (around 80% hp) so you don't leave with extremely low health -- the whole point of getting the golem buff is so you can begin strong harassment with shiv and jitb and hope for an early kill. However, if you leave with low hp, it's likely you'll be killed first anyway.

Thxs thats a good way of killing the golem that worked well so far only able to get 4 jitb max tho still slow on getting to his spawn