League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Annie, Horrible urning death (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=39928)

Kyndryn 12-24-2009 10:34 AM

[Guide] Annie, Horrible urning death

A Guide to Annie, by Kyndryn

(Credits: Special thanks to Canis for giving it a look at content to make sure it sounds good, and also special thanks to Kharus for grammar checking. Also special thanks to Google Docs for allowing me to collaborate this with these three on the fly :> )

LORE:

In the time shortly before the League, there were those within the sinister city-state of Noxus that did not agree with the evils perpetrated by the Noxian High Command. These outcasts sought to leave their neighbors in peace as they pursued dark arcane knowledge. The leaders of this outcast society were a married couple, a grey witch and a cabal warlock. Together they resettled their followers beyond the Great Barrier to the northern reaches of the unforgiving Voodoo Lands. This couple's child, Annie, now comes to the Institute of War to pursue her calling. The combination of Annie's lineage and the dark magic of her birthplace have given this little girl tremendous arcane power. At the age of two she miraculously ensorcelled a shadow bear, a ferocious denizen of the petrified forests outside the colony, turning it into her pet. To this day she keeps her bear, Tibbers, by her side, often keeping him spellbound as a stuffed doll to be carried like a child's toy.

In the courtyards that dot the landscape inside the Institute of War, Annie is all sweetness and light, living the carefree life of an imaginative, playful child. Champions who have met her in battle, however, will tell you that a different Annie comes out to play when she is inside the arenas. Annie has the power of destruction by fire at her fingertips, bringing fireballs to bear against her foes which fuel her magic reserves should they strike their targets down. Occasionally her spells will even stun an unsuspecting opponent. She can scorch multiple enemies by unleashing a cone of torrid flame in front of her. Annie can encase herself in a sphere of fire, boosting her protection while harming those who would dare strike her. Finally, Annie can unleash Tibbers, releasing him from his doll-prison to wreak havoc on her enemies.

ABILITIES:

Pyromania - Every 5 spell casts, Annie's next spell will stun the target for 1.75 seconds. This is Annie's unique passive.
Disintegrate - Annie hurls a mana infused fireball, dealing damage and refunding the mana cost if it destroys the target.
Annie flings a mana infused fireball dealing 90 / 130 / 170 / 215 / 260 (+1 per ability power) magic damage. Disintegrate's mana cost is refunded if it deals a killing blow.
Cooldown: 4 seconds. Mana Cost: 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120. Range: 625
Incinerate - Annie casts a blazing cone of fire, dealing damage to all targets in the area.
Annie casts a cone of fire dealing 85 / 145 / 205 / 265 / 325 (+1 per ability power) magic damage to all enemy targets in the area.
Cooldown: 8 seconds. Mana Cost: 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160. Range: 625
Molten Shield - Shields Annie from harm, reducing damage she takes and returning damage to melee attackers.
Places a shield around Annie for 15 seconds, increasing her armor and magic resistance by 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50. Deals 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 (+0 per ability power) magic damage to enemies who attack Annie with melee attacks.
Cooldown: 30 seconds. Mana Cost:25
Summon: Tibbers - Annie wills her bear Tibbers to life, dealing damage to units in the area. Tibbers can attack and also burns enemies that stand near him.
Deals 200 / 325 / 450 (+1 per ability power) magic damage to units in the target area and summons Annie's bear, Tibbers, to destroy her enemies.

Tibbers has 1,200 / 1,600 / 2,000 health and 80 / 105 / 130 attack damage, and continualy deals magic damage to surrounding enemies.
Cooldown: 120 seconds. Mana Cost: 150 / 200 / 250. Range: 600

GUIDE:

With the facts about Annie out of the way, I will create a guide that is based on my own experiences and the teachings of a friend of mine who helped me stop dying nearly as much in League of Legends. Special thanks to Canis for the help learning Annie and learning to play. :)

EARLY GAME:

The first item I buy is the Regrowth Pendant. This allows me to take the occasional attack and lane longer. Later, I build this into a Philosopher's Stone. You may be tempted to buy Kage's Lucky Pick or Rush Catalyst the Protector, but survivability is extremely important early game. If your HP is regenerating faster than the enemy can take it down, you will stay in your lane longer, get more EXP, and be able to last-hit minions for gold. All this will help you dominate your enemies. The starting ability that you get is situational, but I start off with Disintegrate.

With Disintegrate, you will last hit minions quickly receive the mana refund. Once your Stun is up, just save it. Don't use it to harass the enemy. Use her auto attack. Saving your stun for a crucial point to use it is a great idea to save yourself, save your team mate, or capitalize on a gank. This also works the same when you solo middle lane. (Ways to tell that stun is up: the audio cue when Annie giggles and the visual cue when she gets white swirls going around her body. Additionally, Pyromania's buff will also say 'Energized.')

When you get Annie to level 6 continue saving her stun. Bide your time, as now you have access to Tibbers. This beast has multiple uses. It's important to understand how to control Tibbers. By holding Alt and then right-clicking, you can issue a command to move or attack. Alternately, you can left-click him and then use the right-click as if you were moving as Annie. It's easy to forget who you have selected, though.

At this point, it doesn't matter what lane you're in. It's a good idea to begin playing mind games with your opponents.

Let them push back from there tower a bit. It gives them confidence that they think they can push you back enough to get close and take you out. This is where they will fall dead at your feet. You should sit and auto attack creeps while having the cast circle for where you summon Tibbers 'just' on the border of your range. The range is based off of where the middle of the circle where Tibbers drops is in relation to the range line around Annie. Summon Tibbers on top of them so they are stunned for two seconds. When you've harassed your target to about half of their health bar, congratulations because now you should capitalize on this kill by hitting Disintegrate and Incinerate. If that didn't kill them...Tibbers DoT and attack will (remember, Alt+Right-click.)

Some targets will hide within the turret's range to avoid being attacked. What most people don't realize is that Rank 1 Tibbers has 1200 HP. More than enough to turret dive and deal all kinds of damage to them. If you didn't get enough damage on them to do this, do NOT let Tibbers die in vain. Instead, let them go. Use Tibbers to farm the creep wave very quickly and push to the tower. While the enemy has scurried off to regen, you'll be spamming Disintegrate to get your next Stun up.

MID GAME:

At this point, the tower you've been pushing will either be destroyed or very nearly so. Break it if you haven't, and recall back to base. Get these items, in this order, as many as you can afford:

- Philosopher's Stone completed (+22.5 HP/+10 MP Regen, +5 gold/10 seconds)
- Sorcerer's Shoes (Movement Speed +2 +20% Magic Penetration)
- Void Staff (+50 Ability Power, +250 MP, +40% Magic Penetration)

"WAIT WHAT?! Void Staff third?!" Yes, because at this point, you have become a threat. The enemy is preparing for your attacks by most likely buying a Banshee's Veil and stacking Magic Resistance. With these items, you'll negate 60% of that Magic Resistance. At this point, the laning phase is over. It's time to help your allies. Annie does well early game by herself, but mid game you wanna partner up with someone and watch each other's back. If you are level 13 by this point you've been forced to take a rank of Molten Shield.

Now is the time to start the psychological warfare. This trick is called the 'Stealth Stun.' The Pyromania buff counts up X1, X2, X3, X4, Energized. What you should do at this point is just sit at X4, have all your spells up and just auto attack. Enemy champions will try to go after you first because they think, "It's Annie! I can rip her in half because she is weak in defense and HP!" SURPRISE! Pop Molten Shield to get the Stun up, drop Tibbers on their head, Disintegrate, Incinerate, make sure Tibbers is auto attacking him. They'll probably be dead at this point, so its time to get the hell out. Hop in the bushes, recall, regen, and let the enemy go to the lane you were just in searching for you. (Note: this is assuming you were alone. If you weren't alone, instead of recalling duck into cover with your partner after a small lane push in your favor with Tibbers. Lay in wait, or fall back to the rest of your team.)

LATE GAME:

You should be about level 18 by now, and you'll need these items:

- Banshee's Veil (+450 Health, +400 Mana, +57 Magic Resist, negates one negative spell)
- Deathfire's Grasp (+60 Ability Power, +10 MP Regen, Cooldowns reduced by 15%, Active ability: Deals Magic Damage equal to 30% of the target's current health)
- Rod of Ages (+380 HP, +425 MP, +50 Ability Power, Passive: Your Champion gains 18 Health, 20 Mana, and 2 Ability Power every 1 min. Bonuses cap at +270 Health, +300 Mana, and +30 Ability Power.)

"Rod of Ages at the END of your build?" Yes, I do not rush it. I chose the Rod of Ages for it's base stats. The time-based bonuses are just gravy.

At this point, the game is either about the 5 man gank squad, or a turtling match. (This depends on the team compositions and aggressiveness of the other players.) Annie will be killed fast at this point if she is left alone now because the enemy team is probably moving as one unit. Assuming your team is doing the same, allow another player to initiate so you can follow up with a stealth Tibbers stun. Stay alive and use Tibbers to harass while disintegrating constantly till your Incinerate is up to use. Stun should be back up again rather quickly at the rate you are casting, and you have enough MP at this point you should be able to spam spells.

SUMMARY:

As a summary I'll list the important points in bullet form, in order of first to last:

ITEMS:

- Philosopher's Stone
- Sorcerer's Shoes
- Void Staff
- Banshee's Veil
- Deathfire's Grasp
- Rod of Ages

Also if there's no real need for Banshee's, move Deathfire's and Rod of Ages up and get Zhonya's Ring last.

Order of abilities:
1 - Disintegrate/Incinerate (depending on your choice)
2 - Incinerate/Disintegrate (depending on your choice)
3 - Disintegrate
4 - Incinerate
5 - Disintegrate
6 - Summon: Tibbers
7 - Disintegrate
8 - Incinerate
9 - Disintegrate
10 - Incinerate
11 - Summon: Tibbers
12 - Disintegrate
13 - Molten Shield
14 - Molten Shield
15 - Incinerate
16 - Summon: Tibbers
17 - Molten Shield
18 - Molten Shield

Kyndryn 12-24-2009 10:37 AM

God ****it, hitting enter when last minute editing blows, because now I cannot delete the post due to the ****ed up subject line -.- Seriously this forum is broken. Ohh well...fixing the guide up and will have to ignore the subject, embarassing as it is I can't adjust it.

Benoit 12-24-2009 11:57 AM

Philosopher stone is bad
Void staff as first big item is bad
Not getting Catalyst early is bad
Getting Deathfire Grasp that late is bad

This guide is bad.

Bait 12-24-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben0it (Hozzászólás 440683)
Philosopher stone is bad

This guide is bad.

id agree on all but dfg. dfg isn't that good no matter when you get it. i only upgrade it for the slot. overall, dfg is barely a good idea but it's just a pain in the ass to use so i don't think it's worth getting very early.

PhoenixBomb 12-24-2009 12:37 PM

One glaring error: sorc boots are not +20% magic pen, they are +20 magic pen. The whole "you have 60% reduction" statement is very misleading.

Also, stating that you recognize that RoA at the end is pretty much just for base stats does not make it worth doing. You're much better off with a Rylai's if it's going to be that late. Personally, I'd take out Void Staff and put Catalyst -> Rod in priority there. Void staff is much better as a late game item, especially when taking Sorc Boots. Straight penetration is applied before % penetration, so you're actually barely getting anything out of your Void's penetration until much later. The idea is to take it after your opponents have committed to stacking magic defense...if I saw you getting a Void Staff that early, I'd just stack more health instead of MR and then you'd be the one at a disadvantage.

Aregionius 12-24-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoenixBomb (Hozzászólás 440778)
Void staff is much better as a late game item, especially when taking Sorc Boots. Straight penetration is applied before % penetration, so you're actually barely getting anything out of your Void's penetration until much later.

I think you mean reduction. Magic penetration is applied after % reduction.

The order of application is,

Magic Reduction (from Items) - Can go negative
% Magic Penetration (Void and Mastery) - Can't go negative
Flat Magic Penetration (Runes) - Can't go negative

Also going to second/third that Void Staff should come later when the percentage reduction will add more value.

And nice job on Annie, Horrible homosexual death, I had no idea that's what urning meant!

Ragura 12-24-2009 01:48 PM

I was under the impression magic resistance could only go into negatives from abilities that reduce MR (such as Eve's Rupture, Nid's trap, Fiddle's aura, ...). I sincerely doubt items will do the same (maybe Abyssal scepter but I doubt it).

PhoenixBomb 12-24-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aregionius (Hozzászólás 440831)
I think you mean reduction. Magic penetration is applied after % reduction.

The order of application is,

Magic Reduction (from Items) - Can go negative
% Magic Penetration (Void and Mastery) - Can't go negative
Flat Magic Penetration (Runes) - Can't go negative

Also going to second/third that Void Staff should come later when the percentage reduction will add more value.

And nice job on Annie, Horrible homosexual death, I had no idea that's what urning meant!

Yes, I was referring to magic reduction. However, as I understood it, flat magic resist reduction, including runes, is applied first and then the percentage. Your way would be better, but I don't think it's the case.

Also, while I haven't tested it, I think % magic pen can attribute to negatives. If your magic pen already drops them negative, does it not increase that negative value by a %?

Also, Ragura, items can drop things below zero, as well as abilities. I noticed it on a golem playing fiddle a few days ago where I had it at -28 MR. I did not have abyssal scepter, either.

Krath4 12-24-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben0it (Hozzászólás 440683)
Philosopher stone is bad

This guide is bad.

Gee, it sure would be nice if you suggested items to replace the ones you think are bad and pointing out why they're bad instead of pointing out whats bad and giving no alternatives.

Natooka 12-24-2009 08:01 PM

First of all I don't think you should be 'saving' your stun for some special moment early game. If you have 10 minions in front of you, and 2 champions behind them, my guess is you can go ahead and use Incinerate and stun all those minions and take about half their health, then use Decintegrate to get mana back and last hits.

If you ARE going to try to gank someone, wait til you have your Energized up, and use Tibbers --> Incinerate --> Decintegrate

Tibbers will stun, do damage, and start hitting, incinerate is close range and because your opponent is stunned, you'll be able to get close, and decintegrate for when they start to run for their lives and might have movement speed 3.

Items I usually get (Shooting from the hip here, can't remember them all):

Meki's Pendant
Tear of the Godess
Catalyst

Build off those.

Another strategy I tried once was get Meki's, Boots, and 3 Kage's Picks. 15 gold every 10 seconds + Last hits = Annie gets pimped out.