League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's talk about Yorick (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3605329)

Xelnath 06-28-2013 04:32 PM

Let's talk about Yorick

Yorick.

I recently polled players on the most frustrating Top Laner to face. 4 champions floated to the top. Singed, Yorick, Teemo and Jayce. I then read the comments about those four champions to determine what the issues where.

Jayce: "He can poke me, escape and he's hard to face." --> Tuning Amplifying Mechanics
Singed: "He can farm all day and killing him means nothing." --> Bounty Mechanics
Teemo: "He can poke me, escape and when I reach him I'm blinded." --> Champion Mechanics

Yorick: "He is a brick wall in lane, with no counterplay, who often loses the game when he can't turn that power into a victory later on." --> Champion Mechanics deny satisfaction from both Yorick's opponent and Yorick's team in the late game.

Aka, the most toxic kind of experience a champion can bring to league of legends.

While it is likely a *very* long time before I'll have anything major to show, help me understand how you experience Yorick better.

Yorick Players:
  1. What is the fantasy of playing Yorick?
  2. What are the high moments of Yorick?
  3. What do you dislike most about playing Yorick?

Yorick Opponents:
  1. What is the most frustrating part of facing Yorick?
  2. How do you win a game against Yorick?
  3. What do you enjoy most about facing Yorick?
  4. How does Yorick lose a game?

yummypastry 06-28-2013 04:33 PM

ya hes op

TheFakeSit 06-28-2013 04:33 PM

Most annoying thing about playing against him is he has that much poke with that much sustain.

Naruhodo 06-28-2013 04:33 PM

You will remember Yorick Mori

o god the traumitization.

for you Xelnath.

Yorick Players:

What is the fantasy of playing Yorick?
I don't know specifically but I think the original goal was an army of ghouls working together.
What are the high moments of Yorick?
Taking down the most annoying toplanes/your adc doing well with your ult.
What do you dislike most about playing Yorick?
Ghouls are just thrown without consideration. You use his skills but the ghouls are just there. No interaction.

Yorick Opponents:

What is the most frustrating part of facing Yorick?
Would it either be his sustain, zoning, and poke?
How do you win a game against Yorick?
Get past the lane phase without being too terribly behind.
What do you enjoy most about facing Yorick?
He gets pretty useless after lanephase because he revolves around his adc. If the adc didn't do well all he has is his slow to help teamfights with.
How does Yorick lose a game?
As said, the adc does poorly. :P

Str3SSed 06-28-2013 04:34 PM

What is the fantasy of playing Yorick?
When I play Yorick I kind of feel like I should be the master of fiends and gouls that I summon from the graves of fallen champions and make them do my bidding!

What are the high moments of Yorick?
For me, there aren't any. Everything in his kit feels lackluster and unrewarding mainly because of the sheer lack of control you actually get over the main theme of the champion ( raising ghouls to do what you want )

What do you dislike most about playing Yorick?
His ultimate feels horrible to use, ult carry in a teamfight and watch him pewpew, or ult myself in lane and chase someone down and try and finish them off. It just feels unrewarding, even if used to its highest potential. The lack of control over ghouls really hurts his concept and gameplay cohesiveness

What is the most frustrating part of facing Yorick?
His poke and sustain once he obtains Tear in lane.

How do you win a game against Yorick?
Play passive and farm.

What do you enjoy most about facing Yorick?
He doesn't have some retarded escape mechanic so if he does overextend he can be punished for it with a jungle gank.

How does Yorick lose a game?
By not doing his job as a lane bully and not ulting the correct champion in teamfights.

Splendid Cake 06-28-2013 04:34 PM

Second only to Teemo in annoyance.

JarBeeKar 06-28-2013 04:34 PM

Yorick Opponents:
What is the most frustrating part of facing Yorick? He doesn't care what you do to him, he's Yorick.
How do you win a game against Yorick? Hope his team mates throw.
What do you enjoy most about facing Yorick? His little hobble. At least I get some amusement while I watch him deny me of everything eeer.
How does Yorick lose a game? His team mates throw.

PhailRaptor 06-28-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelnath (Hozzászólás 39237986)
Jayce: "He can poke me, escape and he's hard to face." --> Tuning

Not to derail the thread, but I feel this conclusion is grossly inaccurate.

GildaTheGryphon 06-28-2013 04:36 PM

Xelnath I love you. You seem like the only Rioter who actually listens to the summoners instead of just mouthing off when we make valid points. *cough*Morello*cough*

Viral Nightmare 06-28-2013 04:37 PM

Teemo's still the most annoying piece of ****.