League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Types of players who win games (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=34917)

Tikor 12-11-2009 09:32 AM

Types of players who win games

I thought I’d give a positive example in the guides section, countering the (well-worded and insightful, but a little angsty) post here (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=33609)

Mr. map awareness: He’s never ganked, always warning teammates and generally catching the opponents with their pants down. He is the master of early game mia calls (that aren’t false) with direction indicated, sets up ganks flawlessly all game, and is always hitting the right target lategame be it a tower, dragon, baron or the divided opposition. I’ve seen these guys with clairvoyance, but I’ve also seen them without like they have a 3rd summoner spell that’s a 10s cooldown clairvoyance. Its like they're psychic, in their opponent’s head all game. Perhaps they’ve played so many games with clairvoyance they know what they’re going to see before they see it. Any champion can do this though TF, Teemo, and Shaco have skills making it easier

The initiation tank: this guy has the hitpoints, slow/snare/stun/positioning skill , the cajones and most importantly the awareness to fly at 3+ opponents at just the right time and make them shake in their boots. Generally follows the carry or has at least one carry following him. He not only starts teamfights, he saves teammates running away from unsuccessful teamfights, and punishes any opponent who takes 1 step out of line – but remains calm as a monk before they cross that line. Often seen at 10% health after initiating, getting pounded and getting away. Eats glass cannons.
Non-inclusive list of possible champions: Malphite, Amumu, Alistar, Singed, Blitz, Rammus, Cho’gath, Nunu

Carry of the apocalypse: this is the type of player I see people fail at becoming most often. However this player managed it, full-on immunity to death is required to stand toe to toe against this guy when he’s not CC’d. He is death incarnate. He is a necessary prerequesite to success in teamfight, providing either ridiculous burst practically guaranteeing a 4v5 or overwhelming sustained damage. Generally about as defensible as a teacup, but has enough skill to never allow his opponents to capitalize on his weaknesses. Pro tip: get cleanse.
Non-inclusive list of possible champions: Tyrnde, Ashe, Twitch, Evelyn, Warwick, Yi, Jax, Katarina, Ryze

The biater: a combination of speed, defense and most importantly temptation, the baiter is the opposite of the initiation tank but serves the same purpose. The baiter draws one or more opponents into a waiting ambush, setting up a kill or two and virtually guaranteeing either a teamfight win or a minute of the opponents playing defense.

Non-inclusive list of possible champions: Tristana, Corki, Soraka, Katarina, Kassadin, Anivia

Can you guys think of any more player types? Also, I’d like to keep the discussion away from the champions. They’re just there for someone who doesn’t know much about the champions but aspires to be one of these types of players.

ÔverKill 12-11-2009 09:43 AM

Ummmm ya on your carrys I know Kassadin is good Bait but he is also a really good Carry... Kassadin is my main and I always solo lane with him :). but yes he also is very good bait.

nicosharp 12-11-2009 10:01 AM

How about:
The Elusive -
The guy that slips out and pushes a lane while you are teamfighting, know you need one of their 5 to split to give you a fair shot. He can solo towers, and escape unharmed. He has the unique ability and movement to keep you on their end of the map in all lanes. (Otherwise known as the annoying ganker/backdoorer)

The guy that sacked a summoner skill for clairvoyance:
This guy is usually an awesome support player, and can help you net kills that would never happen other wise. (can be linked to map awareness, or a warder)

The Walking Buff:
This player stacks all the team buffs possible for your team, allowing others to grab more specified gear. He is a beacon to walk with and push with, as being with him makes you a team of 6 when you are 5.

The Cleaner:
This player can loop around a fight, to pick off the back-end carries. He typically will not be seen until its too late, and clean up the leftovers. He might be annoying to some, but a good Cleaner will win games. He often engages last, but does the most damage, as the baiter routes more champions into a favorable position for the cleaner. (not always the Carry)

Tikor 12-11-2009 10:25 AM

Thanks, I was trying to type something like the walking buff but couldn't get the words right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicosharp (Hozzászólás 388164)
The Cleaner:
This player can loop around a fight, to pick off the back-end carries. He typically will not be seen until its too late, and clean up the leftovers. He might be annoying to some, but a good Cleaner will win games. He often engages last, but does the most damage, as the baiter routes more champions into a favorable position for the cleaner. (not always the Carry)

Nifty, I've never thought about this role.

condon 12-11-2009 11:39 AM

The skill shot: This player, by some twist of fate, can not miss a skill shot. He is the bane of the lane with Blitz, Morgana, Heimer (I know, I know) or Mundo. He can put a cleaver through your face through a creep wave at max range while running, and there isn't a god **** thing you can do about it. He may not be the carry, he may not be the tank, but he will sure as hell keep your enemies in line and make sure he gets his hits in when the team fights start rolling. Beware of the "Lucky shot" a poor mirror of this player who gets one or two excellent grabs off early and then rides the accomplishment by making careless mistakes and boasting to his own detriment.

SwampZero 12-11-2009 05:17 PM

The Lucky Mo******er: He's a decent player having the best game of his life. You are not fighting him, you are fighting god himself, because if that player decides to get his @@@ out and start pissing agaisnt the wind , you can be sure he'll hit a stealthed eve and crit her too.

LackofCertainty 12-11-2009 11:18 PM

Your Lord and Savior (aka Sweet Merciful Jesus):

You effed up. Bad. You're caught with your pants down, and somehow managed to run into two, maybe three enemies while they're on their way to gank some poor soul on your team. You're already preparing for your inevitable respawn timer to start ticking away, when suddenly out from the bushes springs Sweet Merciful Jesus.

He throws out his CC's like they were candy, and the enemies start to break. One runs off, thinking that this was all just an elaborately planned gank from your team. The other stands and fights, but Sweet Merciful Jesus somehow manages to have save a Nuke/CC/Summoner spell just for such an occasion, and when the dust clears, you're sitting there with 15 hp, and the announcer chick is spouting off, "An Enemy has been slain."

Sweet Merciful Jesus gives you a smile, maybe warns you to be a little more careful next time, and then runs off to convert some other non-believer.

Rectal Necrosis 12-12-2009 12:35 AM

The **** nuisance: This guy serves no other role than to piss you off. He can also be mr. Map awareness. He is the guy you'll see pushing a lane late game then when your whole team goes to gank him he gets the hell out of there before you even have a chance. While this is going on everyone else on his team took out your top two turrets and is railing your inhibitor. Good job, you just went after the bait.

The nuisance is a morale player. The more you fail to kill him, the more you want him dead. Ultimately that drive will kill your entire team as you spend thirty seconds chasing down a teemo and not even noticing that his buddies just backdoored your whole team's exit.

Twisted fate and Teemo do this role the best.

CryHavoc 12-12-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LackofCertainty (Hozzászólás 390802)
Your Lord and Savior (aka Sweet Merciful Jesus):

You effed up. Bad. You're caught with your pants down, and somehow managed to run into two, maybe three enemies while they're on their way to gank some poor soul on your team. You're already preparing for your inevitable respawn timer to start ticking away, when suddenly out from the bushes springs Sweet Merciful Jesus.

He throws out his CC's like they were candy, and the enemies start to break. One runs off, thinking that this was all just an elaborately planned gank from your team. The other stands and fights, but Sweet Merciful Jesus somehow manages to have save a Nuke/CC/Summoner spell just for such an occasion, and when the dust clears, you're sitting there with 15 hp, and the announcer chick is spouting off, "An Enemy has been slain."

Sweet Merciful Jesus gives you a smile, maybe warns you to be a little more careful next time, and then runs off to convert some other non-believer.

lmao

Well said. That's also the best kind of winning player to be at times. Soooo fun to drop a massively effective rupture on 3 enemies and watch them instantly scatter (slowly) while your teammate bolts away into the underbrush.

object 12-12-2009 08:12 AM

The surprising good player

The guy picked a bad hero, and plays it in a way you have never seen before. But neither has the enemy. He catches people off guard, tricks them into fights they cannot win and generally mind ****s everyone in the game. He ends up level 18 after 22 minutes and proceeds to peel the enemys face off with an empty can of tuna, while smiling.