League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Kassadin (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=34226)

Bait 12-09-2009 02:16 PM

[Guide] Kassadin

Skill Info/Lore/Stats:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champ...he_void_walker

Recommended Skill build:
1. Null Sphere
2. Force Pulse
3. Null Sphere
4. Force Pulse
5. Null Sphere
6. Rift Walk (#1 Priority to max)
7. Force Pulse (#2 Priority to max)
8. Null Sphere (#3 Priority to max)
9. Rest goes to Nether Blade

Recommended Summoner Spells:
Exhaust/Cleanse

Recommended Runes:
Red = Magic Resist
Yellow = Mana/Level
Blue = Mana/Level
Purple = Hit Points

Recommended Masteries:
for kassidan:
9/21/0

for lazy people who don't like respeccing:
0/21/9
The masteries are pretty intuitive.
If you're not level 30, putting a point for cripple (exhaust mastery) is a good idea.

Recommended Items:
Rod of Ages
Mercury Treads
Rod of Ages
Archangel's Staff
X

Recommended Item Order:
Sapphire Crystal + 2 health potions
->Tears of Goddess
Boots of Speed
Catalyst the Protector
->Boots of mobility
->Rod of Ages
X

Item Notes:
Tears of Goddess = offense
Catalyst = defense + offense
Banshee's Veil = anti-caster team
Archangel = anti-Ranged DPS (kill them before they kill you is the best option.)

*If your MP runs out first, get Tears of Goddess. If your HP runs out first, get a second Catalyst. It's just a matter of balance.
If you have the MP/Level runes, you probably would prefer the second Catalyst.

If you have 2 Rod of Ages, Atma's Impaler is a fun item to try. Kassadin converts magic damage taken to attack speed, plus his HP should be very high after two rods.

Game Mechanics/Strategy:
-Check Opponent's Items
-Conserve mana for when you really need it
-Riftwalk while not in combat is often a good idea
-MP = main stat of Kassadin.

Level 1:
-Keep mana high but use it when mp is near full. The damage per mana is too low at lvl 1.
-You probably won't cast void sphere more than once.
-Target those without HP regen if you can.

Level 3:
-Void sphere good enough to harass with.
-Check HP regen before harassing all out though. Some opponents probably wouldn't die even if you spent all your mana.

Level 5:
-Should be able to harass with confidence.

Level 6:
-Look for opponents with low HP.
-Kassadin is great at closing distance and finishing off opponents.

Late game:
-Kassadin needs to balance damage and survival.
-Choice of items is crucial in balancing offense and defense.

Tips:
-Kassadin doesn't really rely on AP that much. His burst damage is fairly high and AP modifiers aren't that high.
-Kassadin is meant to be anti-caster/assassin. Void sphere is very effective on casters.

JunkRamen 12-09-2009 02:29 PM

Nothing here is meant to be a flame, just curious about a bunch of things and giving you comments because your other guides have lacked them :P

Hmm, haven't tried out leveling VS over FP first. I find the AoE damage useful for mid-game team fights but I can see the argument for VS too.

The problem I've been having with RoA builds is that it's so slow. The item is expensive and you don't even get it at full power when you finally complete it. BTW:

Quote:

Sapphire Crystal + 2 health potions
->Catalyst the Protector
Boots of Speed
->Mercury Treads
*Tears of Goddess/Catalyst the Protector
->Rod of Ages
Is this meant to be 2 Catalysts before first RoA?

I'm guessing that at high level play, the only people actually doing large damage are physical carries since RoA builds tend to have pretty low damage. Does that make Kassadin's primary benefit to the team as a chaser? I find that in my low ELO games he's good for his mobility + burst but I guess that doesn't work later on. DFG feels like a must but it's missing the stats you call most important to Kassadin (HP/MP).

Bait 12-09-2009 02:53 PM

kassadin doesn't really have a role. he just goes in and does what he can.
-target carries
-disable those with crowd control such as ashe, anivia, or annie.
-slow the other team/wear down their hp using force pulse.

in other words, the obvious.

you will also chase down the ones that are running away.

for the 2 catalyst, it depends. catalyst adds more overall power than rod of ages until the rod of ages cooks 15 minutes. a second catalyst first is usually better.
-if you last until the end of the battle, get the rod of ages first
-if you die or run out of mp before battle is over, get another catalyst instead.
-if you go to town often then rod of ages is better
-if you can manage to stay in lane longer, catalyst is better
-catalyst is better at low level
-tears of goddess is better at high level

so answer: both paths work and i do use both, it just depends on the situation. good players always choose items depending on other players.
I gave what i think is the most common situation, often not the actual situation.

note: if you have catalyst + ruby crystal or catalyst + sapphire crystal, there is a bug if you build rod of ages right away. more ingredients will disappear than they should
if you have 2 catalyst and no crystals, you're fine.

JunkRamen 12-09-2009 03:06 PM

Is Kassadin an effective mid solo? He fits the ganking part of it but he seems to have trouble with harassment.

Bait 12-09-2009 03:09 PM

nope. pretty bad.
he can't harass effectively until he gets rift walk. his only way of harass vs ranged is his void sphere.
until void sphere is lvl 3, it's not a good damage per mp,

against a melee, he might do okay. overall, bad.

JunkRamen 12-09-2009 06:34 PM

Bumping and clarification, why VS over FP in priority?

Bait 12-09-2009 07:23 PM

because it's easier to harass with vs. fp is better for ganks BUT you will csat void sphere much more often.

part of the reason is even if you do get rift walk, force pulse requires rift walk to use well.

so void sphere = 110 mana to cast
force pulse requires 80 + rift walk = 180 to cast.

another reason is void sphere is easier to cast early in the game. force pulse is hard to cast until you start 5-man ganking.

force pulse will be near lvl 5 by the time you start hardcore ganking (around level 10) so void sphere is usually the better choice.

Quick Sand 12-09-2009 07:44 PM

This is a good build. I normally go the exact same items except after RoA, I choose between quite a few other items (Rylai's, Lichbane, Banshee's, Trinity, or another Rod) depending on how the game is going and what heroes I'm playing.

Also, I normally go ignite, teleport and offensive masteries, because ignite helps getting kills early and adds to rapeage late game.

I never do bad with this strategy and have had some huge games with it. However, I am not top tier and I'm sure that's why I can get away with aggressiveness.

AIM7Sparrow 12-10-2009 10:12 AM

Eww at maxing NS over FP.

1. NS
2. FP
3. FP
4. NB
5. FP
6. RW
Then RW -> FP -> NS -> Netherblade

Harassing with NS is almost always a waste of mana and FP is your bread and butter damage. You need it maxed as soon as you can. Plus it lets you farm pretty nicely. FP -> Riftwalk early game and then a FP on its own will ohko creeps. I'm lenient on the items but maxing null sphere before force pulse is just plain gross.

The Senate 12-10-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniperness (Hozzászólás 383266)
Eww at maxing NS over FP.

1. NS
2. FP
3. FP
4. NB
5. FP
6. RW
Then RW -> FP -> NS -> Netherblade

Harassing with NS is almost always a waste of mana and FP is your bread and butter damage. You need it maxed as soon as you can. Plus it lets you farm pretty nicely. FP -> Riftwalk early game and then a FP on its own will ohko creeps. I'm lenient on the items but maxing null sphere before force pulse is just plain gross.

I kind of agree.

But on the same hand, Force Pulse got nerfed. Null Sphere does more damage up until rank 4. It's not gross to go for Null Sphere first now adays. I've done it with a mana-regen Kassadin build and had extremely good results.

So I don't agree.