League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I Received Restricted Chat Access for Horrid Reasons. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3389905)

KøD The Chøsen 04-29-2013 04:41 PM

I Received Restricted Chat Access for Horrid Reasons.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6388132/#nogo

These are my cases. Review them first, before reading the reasoning, so you can give me an unbiased view.

Case 1: My "verbal abuse" against sona was telling her to shut up because she was verbally abusing ME. If you read the chat logs, you'll see me trying to tell them that I have teleport, so if they start fights, I can join them (Not them fighting 4v5). My "scapegoating" cait for my death, was actually real. I was planning to jump over the wall to double golems, when she killed them right as i was getting caught by the enemy team.

TL;DR Verbal Abuse: Actually Defending Myself (Unharshly), 4v5: I had teleport.
(IFFY punish)

Case 2: My "#1 Skarn NA" was a reference to Skarner not having Smite. I said nothing negative during this game, and ultimately, the report punishment came down to me trying to change the meta. (Understandable Punish, but still iffy punish)

Case 3: I NEVER "talked smack" to the enemy team. I merely stated that I was seeing negativity from Soraka, abusing Nocturne in all chat, and that I was going to report her for it. I was not "Offensive" at all, and I managed to make TF mad (Who then proceeded to intentionally feed) by telling him that he should listen to the calls of the team, and when he showed anger, I apologized and told him I was merely attempting to give him constructive criticism, and didn't mean to offend him.

TL;DR Verbal Abuse (Enemy): Nonexistant, Offensive Language/Verbal Abuse (Team): Actually Constructive Criticism, the kind that SHOULD be used in game. (TOTALLY UNREASONABLE PUNISH)

Note: FIRST THREE CASES were from games ~ 3 weeks ago.

Case 4: I did poorly in lane due to a camping jungler, but by the time I got back into the game, we were already too far behind to do much. Instead of crying over myself, I decided to put on a positive attitude, for which I was punished.

TL;DR I was punished for maintaining a positive attitude, and not QQing, and being Unskilled (understandable punish for unskilled, UNREASONABLE punish for anything else.)

Case 5: I just flat out sucked this game, but I never gave up. Read the chat logs for my attempt to strategize, even with my bad score and lack of farm. Apologized numerous times for my unskilled play.

TL;DR I was punished for a conditional argument, which was FALSE. (Understandable punish for Unskilled, UNREASONABLE punish for anything else.)

What ticks me off more than the 5 game chat restriction, is the fact that I lost all my 200 teamwork, and over 100 honorable opponent honors, among others.

Here's the question: Do you agree with the tribunal, or is it just Punish-happy?

KøD The Chøsen 04-29-2013 05:25 PM

Note: These are those listed as ones who should be banned:
Players who explicitly use hate terms, racial slurs, cultural epithets, etc.

Players who deliberately and viciously insult other players.

Players who demonstrate repeatedly negative, unconstructive attitudes

Players who engage in teasing that crosses the line of what is acceptable to another player, and who persist after being repeatedly asked to stop.

Players who engage in deliberately disruptive gameplay (such as intentional feeding).

I am none of these, except POSSIBLY engaging in disruptive gameplay for the second one, and negative attitude for the first.

Izhmir 04-29-2013 05:26 PM

At least you got muted and not banned like most players.

Uncleanbus 04-29-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izhmir (Hozzszls 37223590)
At least you got muted and not banned like most players.

I'm suffering a week ban because i told someone they had a bad build with riven. Count yourself lucky.

Izhmir 04-29-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncleanbus (Hozzszls 37224178)
I'm suffering a week ban because i told someone they had a bad build with riven. Count yourself lucky.

My friend is perma banned for the same reasons as you. I've been on here stating how much of a bad system it is.

eekthehuman 04-29-2013 06:05 PM

Honestly I'm not sure why you were punished, myself. What you have here appears to be several accusations of intentional feeding, but no indication in chat that you fed intentionally. In addition, specifically in game five you apologize for your play several times.

One thing I would avoid is telling people you will be reporting. Honestly I don't see anything positive about asking for reports, or telling people you will be reporting them. It often only serves to escalate the bitterness and toxicity of a match. So in the future, if you plan on reporting somebody, or even if you plan on muting, just don't say anything, as it won't serve much good.

The good news is, you only got a warning. If this was (as I suspect) an incorrect punishment, you won't wind up in the Tribunal again. The next good news is that the verdict was Majority, rather than Strong Majority or Overwhelming Majority. There are several members of the Tribunal who clicked Pardon (as I would have had I gotten this case).

Good luck in future games.

KøD The Chøsen 04-29-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eekthehuman (Hozzszls 37225161)
Honestly I'm not sure why you were punished, myself. What you have here appears to be several accusations of intentional feeding, but no indication in chat that you fed intentionally. In addition, specifically in game five you apologize for your play several times.

One thing I would avoid is telling people you will be reporting. Honestly I don't see anything positive about asking for reports, or telling people you will be reporting them. It often only serves to escalate the bitterness and toxicity of a match. So in the future, if you plan on reporting somebody, or even if you plan on muting, just don't say anything, as it won't serve much good.

The good news is, you only got a warning. If this was (as I suspect) an incorrect punishment, you won't wind up in the Tribunal again. The next good news is that the verdict was Majority, rather than Strong Majority or Overwhelming Majority. There are several members of the Tribunal who clicked Pardon (as I would have had I gotten this case).

Good luck in future games.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it up in the future.

Whacks On 04-29-2013 07:01 PM

I answer your question with a pardon. Chat log is clean, you apologized, bad games happen.

I say move on and have fun.