League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I made an AP Janna guide (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3363874)

wolferer 04-21-2013 04:48 PM

I made an AP Janna guide

I think Janna is a bit underplayed in dominion, especially bottom lane, so I wrote up a guide. Feedback is welcome. If people like it, I'll probably write up a Nami guide next.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...p-janna-326450

edit- guide is now on mobafire. It also has two versions, top lane and bottom lane.

Volandum 04-21-2013 08:45 PM

When you refer to the Witchcap passive you mean the active.

Would you ever recommend Ionians?

I'd recommend considering Athene's as your codex item when you need a lot of MR, it has an excellent 40 MR for a small cost increase on Morellonomicon.

Typo - "dieing" should be dying.

I have a lot of difficulties playing Janna myself, one of which is that I feel I have to get too close to deliver W hits. Any tips?

Froppi 04-21-2013 08:59 PM

Why doesn't Sweeper replace one of the codexes? When I play AP janna I build similarly. However I go more utility and go CDR runes with Morellonomicon, and hextech to easily hit 40% CDR, and go boots of mobility to troll and POOTERS if needed. But the way Janna is played, the passive should almost always be up on the boots as proper play makes Janna almost untouchable.

Volandum 04-21-2013 09:00 PM

The passive also goes down if you hit minions or foes.

Froppi 04-22-2013 06:43 AM

This is true, in combat the passive is removed and the MS bonus is +45, like any other T2 boot. With Janna's passive, long range knock up that can be toggled when suppressed, and slow makes the passive on the boots disappear and the boots become just like any other boots (besides swiftness). So the bonus speed during the majority of the game gives a large advantage of maintaining jungle presence/control/awareness, while giving comparable speed during combat versus any other boot anyways.

wolferer 04-22-2013 03:16 PM

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Grail is a decent buy if you want to itemize MR early. It costs a bit more than Morello and gives less AP, though, so Morello is generally preferable. If you are having trouble managing your mana, feel free to use Grail, since it does give you a lot more mana regen.

As for sweeper, I discuss it in the items section. It's not a bad buy on AP Janna, but I prefer to maximize AP instead.

SylianEUW 04-22-2013 05:05 PM

I skimmed the guide and overall it looks pretty good. I do have some comments though:

For top lane, I think that Q should usually be maxed last, unless you really like pushing. Maxing it does lower the cooldown by a few seconds, but the minimum damage is just increased by 100. Compare that to E, which increases it's base shield amount from 80 to 240, and also gives 50 AD instead of 14. With AP, that 50 AD will probably last longer since the shield will be stronger.

Also, you should probably level your ulti whenever possible. The extra healing and cooldown can be useful.

wolferer 04-22-2013 05:18 PM

The skill order is one of the points of the guide that I am fairly confident is optimal for AP Janna. People are often surprised at how much damage I am doing, and that's because I max E last. Plus there are often times where you can get some charge going on your Q.

You can argue that you should level ult when possible due to the cooldown decrease, but I don't find myself using it on cooldown anyways. The increase in healing really isn't that big when you consider the healing aura reduction and the likely possibility that you can't get a full channel off.

SylianEUW 04-22-2013 05:34 PM

They changed the aura so it only applies to self-heal. It's true that you often can't get a full channel off, though.

If you charge for 2 seconds, a level 5 Q will do 170 more damage than a level 1 Q, assuming they have 0 MR after mpen. If you charge for 1 second, the difference is only 135 damage. CD 10 instead of 14. Level 5 E shields 240 and gives 50 AD. Level 1 E shields 80 and gives 14 AD. If you are picking Janna, you are probably doing it in order to add some really good utility. Not levling her shield seems like a waste. If what you wanted is burst damage, why not play some other champion? Also, with a higher level shield, the autoattacks you might throw in will do a bit more damage in a 1v1 situation. If you shield someone else, they might benefit even more from the added AD.

wolferer 04-22-2013 05:47 PM

I pick Janna because she provides utility, damage, and disruption. I have played plenty of games with maxing the shield, and doing that just makes you feel like a weak support. Maxing Q gives you more damage, and the reduced cooldown lets you be more disruptive. Those few seconds are also very important when you are defending a point.

The shield will still have a large number, as explained in the guide, due to our item build and the 90% AP ratio. I also recommend using the shield to mitigate damage, not to buff auto-attackers. Yes, the bonus ad does help when shielding bruisers who go into the fray, but the shield is often broken quickly. Plus, you will often shield low health people to rescue them and waste your opponents time and positioning as they try to catch those teammates.

You should almost never be shielding yourself when there are teammates around. Instead, use your high movement speed to be elusive and avoid damage that way.