League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Nasus: Enter Sandman (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=333827)

Merich 11-09-2010 05:52 AM

[Guide] Nasus: Enter Sandman

EDIT: This guide was made when I was like level 20. I would not recommend anyone actually trying it. I thought about deleting or updating it, but decided to leave it up here as a reminder of how bad I was.

Merich -- Nasus: Enter Sandman
*This is an AD Nasus build.

Disclaimer: There are many ways to build Nasus; however I find this the most effective build for my style of play. Everyone plays differently, so you have to find a build that works with your play style. Also, you must remember that a portion of your build will depend on who you are playing with/against.

Lore:
The enigmatic creature known as Nasus came to the League from a faraway world, and served as part of a vast and learned desert empire.

There he was a respected and enlightened individual, having been made the Keeper of the Great Library. However, he was also part of a race of animalistic creatures that served as the rulers and protectors of the people. War was never more than a breath away, as others of his kind craved to enslave the people and claim totalitarian sovereignty. In the midst of a heated battle, just as Nasus was about to slay his treacherous brother Renekhton, he was summoned to Runeterra. It didn't take much to convince him that Champions were needed to fight against the injustice here and he took up a place in the League of Legends. These days, he is the Keeper of the Sands, feeling most at home in the crumbling ruins of the Shurima Desert.

''The Keeper of the Sands, though contemplative, is not to be trifled with.''

Spells:
Soul Eater (passive): Nasus drains his foe's spiritual energy, giving him a natural 10/15/20% Lifesteal

Siphoning Strike (Q): Nasus strikes his foe, dealing damage and increasing the power of his future Siphoning Strikes if he slays his target. Nasus's next attack will deal an additional damage. Siphoning Strike permanently gains damage whenever it kills an enemy.
• This becomes a very powerful tool for Nasus late game. Get a point early and let it get stronger on its own.

Wither (W): Nasus ages his target, slowing their movement and attack speed by 32% and reducing it further by each second for 5 seconds.
• Don’t underestimate Wither’s usefulness. It is almost a built in Exhaust. Once it is maxed out Wither can almost bring your opponent to a complete stop before it expires.

Spirit Fire (E): Nasus unleashes a delayed spirit flame at a location, dealing damage and reducing the armor of enemies who stand on it. After a brief delay, the target area becomes desecrated. Enemies in the area have their armor reduced and are dealt magic damage (+0 per ability power) each second.
• Remember: Spirit Fire is not solely for damage. It gives a nice armor reduction too. This helps out a ton when it comes to hero killing. This is a great farming and harassing tool.

Fury of the Sands (R): Nasus transforms into the Avatar of Death, gaining health and attack speed for 15 seconds. While in this form, he drains nearby enemies' health each second (300 damage max per second) and converts it into bonus attack damage.
• This is an amazing ultimate. You do better when surrounded, but be careful if your enemies are smart they will focus you in a team fight. This is good and bad. Good because you can further protect your squishies; bad because you will most likely die in team fights.

Summoner Spells:
1st spell:
Ghost / Flash is a must. Very versatile, good for offense and defense. Personally I prefer Ghost over Flash.

The 2nd spell is a little trickier. This one depends on your allies’ choices of champions and summoner spells:
I almost always take Exhaust. Like Ghost it is flexible for both defense and offense.
Ignite is always useful.
Flash / Ghost (which ever you didn’t take) to double up on your movement.
Heal / Clarity are good early game, but have diminishing results late game (especially for Nasus)
Teleport can come in handy on Summoner’s Rift
Fortify if your team needs one, plus it will help you last hit minions with Siphoning Strike.
Clairvoyance is good for the added map awareness.
Cleanse is a solid choice. Any enemy team that has no CC deserves to be steamrolled anyway.

Overall: your second choice is up to you. Play what you are comfortable with.

Masteries: 0/9/21 or 9/0/21; depends on you play style. I usually go with 0/9/21 for the added defense.

Runes:
Armor penetration per level marks, armor per level seals, flat cool-down reduction glyphs, and health per level quintessences

Starting Items:
Cloth Armor, 2 Health Pots, 2 Mana Pots or Cloth Armor, 1 Health Pot, 1 Mana Pot, and 1 Sight Ward
*I generally go for the double pots over the Sight Ward.

Item Order:
Boots of Speed
Chalice of Harmony (Nasus is a mana hog)
Sheen
Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi (Do they have a lot of magic users or stunners? Take Mercury Treads)
Bloodthirster or Madred’s Bloodrazer
*If they have several champions with high health get Madred’s Bloodrazer first
Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver (if they have a lot of armor)
Sheen -> Trinity Force

*Buy Oracle's Elixir after Chalice of Harmony if they have a stealth person. You don’t want to be caught off guard.

Don’t worry if you don’t make it to all of these items. This is the dream build.

Spell Order:
1. Siphoning Strike
Reason being that you want to start getting those last hits early, so that this gets a huge bonus.
2. Spirit Fire
3. Spirit Fire or Wither (Take Wither if you have the enemy on your lane to about Ľ of his health)
4. Wither or Spirit Fire (The one you didn’t take at 3)
From here on out your priority will be: R->E->W->Q
The reason I up Q last is because it grows on its own as long as you remember to last hit with it.

Gameplay:

The Basics –
• Map awareness – the biggest mistake people make is not knowing where the enemy is. Don’t overextend yourself, you open your self up for a gank. Don’t depend too heavily on your teammates calling mia, look at the mini map.
• Stay behind your minions (especially early game); this will preserve your health while still allowing you to gain experience.
• Don’t forget to use your mana / health pots. These will allow you to stay in your lane longer.

Lane choices:
Summoner’s Rift:
I try to get solo top lane because Nasus is one of the best 1v2 champions, but if that’s not possible try to get a lane partner that can stun. Generally, Nasus does not take mid, but if you have no carry he does make a decent mid since he can pretty much 1v1 any other champion.

Twisted Treeline:
Nasus makes a solid solo top, but he can still be a really good lane partner. It all depends on your team’s composition.
* Remember Twisted Treeline is a gank-fest. Be careful. Nasus is a beast, but every beast can be brought down.

Play conservative – last hitting, dropping Spirit Fire so it harasses the enemy and hits the minions. Stay behind your minions. If one or more enemies are missing don’t push. Go jungle near your turret and let the enemy minions get closer to your turret before you go back to your lane.

For more help on playing Nasus, I refer you to the amazing Hyfe:
Basic laning tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmUsC1s2yeM
1v2 laning tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbxNZp3-xSM

Last bit of advice: Have fun, this is a game. If people call you a Noob, so what? Everyone was a Noob at some point. Even if you are a veteran there is always more to learn.

Bumi – “Think like a MAD GENIUS”

This is my first guide, how did I do?

atsmith893 11-09-2010 05:56 AM

You can drop chalice of harmony by simply runing for mp regen, this frees up a valuable spot for another item.

Also you said it best...

"• This is an amazing ultimate. You do better when surrounded, but be careful if your enemies are smart they will focus you in a team fight. This is good and bad. Good because you can further protect your squishies; bad because you will most likely die in team fights."

You will most likely die in team fights building nasus for dps, this is why the tank build is far more viable than the dps build. Your ultimate is usually the primary reason you play nasus, to overcome hp tanks, so the longer you stay alive in team fights the better.

Merich 11-10-2010 05:19 AM

bump

PunchTastic 11-10-2010 05:41 AM

Got to try this build out in game.

Merich 11-10-2010 05:52 AM

I've been thinking of off-the-wall Nasus builds that I want to try out as well. I need to try them out, and they are just for fun, but here's what I'm thinking:

AP Nasus - Rylai's Scepter + Spell Vamp + Ult = AOE slow and life gain. Plus, if I get him to like 500 AP his Ult will hurt the enemy for 10% health :D

Sunfire Nasus - self explanatory

Last but not least...
Snowball Nasus - He's a hybrid champion, so I was thinking this would be one of those builds where either your team loves you or they yell, "NOOOOOOOB" every 2 seconds.
So with the snowball build I would get all the snowball items in this order: Sword of the Occult, Leviathan, and finally Mejai's Soulstealer. I chose this order because Sword of the Occult will help you kill heroes once it gets rolling allowing you to get more stacks. Then Leviathan will help you live longer thus maintaining your stacks. Mejai's last because Nasus' multipliers aren't the best.

Merich 11-10-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsmith893 (Hozzászólás 3968228)
You can drop chalice of harmony by simply runing for mp regen, this frees up a valuable spot for another item.

Also you said it best...

"• This is an amazing ultimate. You do better when surrounded, but be careful if your enemies are smart they will focus you in a team fight. This is good and bad. Good because you can further protect your squishies; bad because you will most likely die in team fights."

You will most likely die in team fights building nasus for dps, this is why the tank build is far more viable than the dps build. Your ultimate is usually the primary reason you play nasus, to overcome hp tanks, so the longer you stay alive in team fights the better.

This is an AD Nasus, NOT a tank Nasus, although...
I must admit this build can be hit or miss. If you don't get your first couple of items quickly you should switch to a tank Nasus.

atsmith893 11-10-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merich (Hozzászólás 3990262)
This is an AD Nasus, NOT a tank Nasus, although...
I must admit this build can be hit or miss. If you don't get your first couple of items quickly you should switch to a tank Nasus.

I completely understand this was not a tank build, thats exactly why I'm saying it wouldn't be viable. Again most people play nasus for his ult and unless you run tank nasus you will die in team fights.

You were the one had originally stated in your initial post that with this build you would most likely die in team fights.

xXghettoelf97Xx 11-10-2010 09:25 AM

If you want AD, you don't want an offtank like Nasus. You want a DPS carry. Nasus' ult is why he is picked, not his siphon strike.

Unbowed Hero 11-10-2010 03:12 PM

The king of Omashu is King Bumi, not Boomie.

HotsauceShoTYME 11-10-2010 05:14 PM

This guide failed at the DPS nasus beginning. Trust me I played many builds with Nasus. DPS only works on noobs and this DPS guide is just bad.

Further failure in not getting cleanse ghost on dps nasus because you will get CC'd

As for DPS nasus. The "best" DPS nasus build is sheen, starks bloodthirster triforce and yes if the other team does not chain CC you with hard stun you will GG the whole ****ing team and they can't do **** about it because of your attack speed and lifesteal is ****ing ridiculous. Good teams will have CC and stun you and kill you quickly.

If I need magic resist after veil i get abyssal scepter. Makes SF and ult hit harder and is great if they have a chogath or mundo.

As for AP nasus. The build you want is Rod of ages, sheen, rylais, will of the ancients. This is highly situational and is only good against extremely tanky teams. If they have more than 1 dps carry it will shred you and is really worthless but if they have 4 of the following DO THIS. sion, morde, chogath, mundo, garen, shen, rammus, galio, vlad, malphite(pure dps malphite dont do it)