Changing font size, how to do it?
There are methods for window users to change their font size, but I can't seem to find a way to change the font size for the mac client. The small text on my large screen resolution seriously hurts my eyes if I try to focus on it. I want to increase the size a bit for readability. Does anyone know a way to do it? I opened the package contents but I cant seem to find where the font size is located. Thanks.
Edit: I found out how to do it.
Download the following two programs:
1. Download raf manager for mac LOL Custom Mods (http://www.boompje.net/forum/topic/1...ods-lcm/page/1).
2. Download iLOL launcher (http://www.boompje.net/download/ilol). When installing choose to use riot's native client.
1. Run LOL Custom Mods
2. Select the iLOL client
3. The file you are looking for on the left side is 0.0.0.28/DATA/CFG/defaults/FontDescriptions.xml (double click this file, it will download to your hard drive)
4. Open that file with a text editor, file should be downloaded where you put your LOL Custom Mods application. Right click on the LOL Custom Mods app and click Show Package Contents. Then go to Contents > Resources > Java (this is where the file is located)
5. You have to edit this file according to how you want. For example, this is what the default is:
<Font Name="PhysicalDamage" Type="RegularBold" Resolution="25_3_Auto">
<Display Color="240,36,36,255" OutlineColor="51,8,8,255"/>
<ColorBlindDisplay Color="250,77,36,255" OutlineColor="51,15,7,255"/>
<Font Name="MagicalDamage" Type="RegularBold" Resolution="25_3_Auto">
<Display Color="179,107,255,255" OutlineColor="38,22,54,255"/>
If you want to make the physical damage and magical damage fonts a little bigger, just change Resolution="25_3_Auto" to something like Resolution="36_4_Auto". The first number is the font size and the second is the outline size basically. There are a lot of other things you can change like heal and stuff, but its pretty much the same thing.
6. When you are done editing the file, create a new folder in that directory where the file is. You have to put the edited file in there. Call the folder whatever you want as it is the name of your mod.
7. In LOL Custom Mods, you want to click Add custom mod and select that folder. Then click enable mod. After that click pack.
8. Load up your client after that and test it.
If you're referring to the in-game chat box, there should be a slider in the interface menu you can move to adjust the size of it. I use Windows so I don't know about the Mac version.
To be specific, I mean the combat damages (physical, magic) and gold. Makes it easier to see what everything does when there is a complete mess going on without having to really look for it. I don't use retina, just a 27" imac, I'll try the smaller resolution, but I been playing like this for a long time now and I dont really want to mess with that (feel it could throw me off)...
I saw it here in this video, which was one month ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7yVjpHkHpk
How to do it in windows (unofficial):
Method 1: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2038824
Method 2: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=715211
I tried looking for similar files on the mac, but I cant seem to find anything I can change. Is there a way for me to change these settings for the mac? It would improve usability by a lot for me.
People have asked about this before, they never followed up on their results.
Thanks dataslave, i am going to take a look at it. I found the raf manager for mac here http://www.boompje.net/forum/topic/1...ods-lcm/page/1
I am downloading the iLOL client that uses riots native client, see if I can figure it out. I'll come back success or not with results.
Update: It works, check my first post, I will do a re-edit in which I explain how it is done.
It moved to 0.0.0.55 and for some reason I cannot get it to work, keeps crashing whenever text comes up.
What do you save the file as? .txt or .xml.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:06 PM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc