League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Mac Client (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Mac Client - Insane Lag (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3317712)

Scythian Empire 04-07-2013 10:04 PM

Mac Client - Insane Lag

I got the Mac Client about a month ago. At first, things were working wonderfully. However, especially with the newest patch, at about five minutes into the game I get crazy high FPS (like 650) when normally I should operate around 30, 40 (as was the case when I first started playing). This has made the games essentially unplayable as I can't target or do anything. My character just sits and then floats and I disconnect constantly.

I play with a friend who uses the Windows client on the same internet and he doesn't experience any problems.

Can this problem be fixed? Are you planning a new update for the Mac client?

Thanks.

AKJAWASI 04-08-2013 12:20 PM

When you say FPS, do you mean ping? I have the same issue if we're talking about ping. While I have had connection problems in the past, they're much more drastic with the mac client. Just about every game will have me randomly spiking for a second or two.

Scythian Empire 04-08-2013 05:03 PM

Yeah, I mean ping. Sorry. Have you figured out a way to counter it?

Dataslave 04-08-2013 05:52 PM

Honestly, my ping is the same as its always been on either iLoL or booting to windows: around 30. It only varies when I leave a bandwidth hogging download going, stream HD video, that sort of thing.

Are you 100% sure you don't have a program open on the mac that's transferring data, and that nobody in your household is using the network for anything other than simple web browsing? Do you have any sort of security or network software installed that might be interfering?

Can you post your system specs and logs so we have some additional info to go on?

risend 04-09-2013 04:34 AM

Random, but figure I will mention my experience. Around the time the mac beta client came out for open beta, I started to get really high pings and lagging out all the time. I thought it was the client at first, but it turned out to be at during peak hours of the day. I thought it was my isp, but turns out everything checked out fine. I upgraded the firmware on my router to make sure it wasnt that either. Then I also made sure my OS was updated. Changed the wires to make sure it wasnt fault. Still same problem....

Finally I switched out my modem when technician came, but that didnt work either. But what ended up working for me was buying my own modem, a docsis 3.0 modem. That was it. My friends in a totally different area had the same problem, I told him about it and it fixed his random dc. Could work for you, just ask your isp for a new modem if yours is old. But then again your problem could be different.

Scythian Empire 04-09-2013 08:15 AM

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

The only reason I don't think it is the modem in some of these instances is that I was playing with a friend on the same modem at the same time and, while experienced massive lag spikes, he was fine.
That being said, yesterday we played (same set up) and I had lowered my graphics to medium and it ran much smoother. There was an occasional spike, but nothing like the times when I posted.

SouledOne 04-11-2013 09:33 AM

This is a very major issue. I have been trying to play the mac PBE. Whenever I go to use an ability (it shows cast range) my entire game crashes! It freezes similar to the video above, then the audio sort of jumps around as if I'm still playing. HELP RIOT!

SuperSaiyanLink 06-16-2013 07:03 PM

Proccessor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory * GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MG

Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C3103)

My bros play FF 11 and i think that may mess me up and my cousin watches youtube videos.

questt001 02-24-2014 09:47 PM

Dear ****ingriot lagging**** lost all ranked cause of lag

Daer riot,,,,,

****ingfix that lag ****problem.... Its still lagging u havent fixed a thing!!!!!! And no lost prevented and lag always there.. Insane 2000 ping

McTronel 02-24-2014 09:49 PM

GG RIOTS!!! cant even make a client work...