League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Mac Client (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ahri's Avatar is somewhat distorted in Mac Version. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3315928)

DrDomVonDoom 04-07-2013 11:33 AM

Ahri's Avatar is somewhat distorted in Mac Version.

I have noticed there is some distortion in the Ahri Avatar during gameplay, I didn't screenshot but I could in the next game I play and post it here.

Thank you.

Brentmeister 04-08-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDomVonDoom (Hozzászólás 36473670)
I have noticed there is some distortion in the Ahri Avatar during gameplay, I didn't screenshot but I could in the next game I play and post it here.

Thank you.

Anxiously awaiting promised screenshot.
Surely OP will deliver!

On a more serious note I don't see any corruption on Ahri (She's my goto champ for testing anyway). I'll need a screenshot or more elaborate description to understand whats going on.

Dessembrae 04-08-2013 07:41 PM

I can't really post a screenshot because I was testing this out on a work computer with that feature disabled. However, I did notice the distortion on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro and did not notice it on a standard 15" MacBook Pro

This would not be the only thing a Retina MacBook Pro distorts since it also distorts many images as it artificially expands certain images to fit a retina resolution that they were not made for

Brentmeister 04-09-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dessembrae (Hozzászólás 36520468)
I can't really post a screenshot because I was testing this out on a work computer with that feature disabled. However, I did notice the distortion on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro and did not notice it on a standard 15" MacBook Pro

This would not be the only thing a Retina MacBook Pro distorts since it also distorts many images as it artificially expands certain images to fit a retina resolution that they were not made for

When using retina displays to play the game I would strongly recommend playing in fullscreen mode to prevent retina scaling artifacts. V-Sync may help make windowed mode a little smother.

Vesperbell 04-29-2013 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like this:

Hope you see this post! This bug happens to me occasionally and seeing that Ahri is my favorite champion would be nice to have this fixed!

Vesperbell 04-29-2013 03:11 PM

Should add that I'm playing on a Macbook Pro 2011 15', 2Ghz i7, 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon 6390m, OS X 10.7.5

DrDomVonDoom 04-29-2013 09:45 PM

OP here. That was exactly the kind of distortion I was talking about.

Sorry I never delivered, this post had fallen off my mind, and unfortunatly I haven't been able to effectively recreate this bug.

However FYI.

I too like Vesperbel am using a 2011 Macbook Pro, non Retina. 2.4 Intel i5. 4 GB Ram Radeon HD3000

Brentmeister 04-30-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesperbell (Hozzászólás 37217189)
Looks like this:

Hope you see this post! This bug happens to me occasionally and seeing that Ahri is my favorite champion would be nice to have this fixed!

Ahhh I see now. We call this their champion potrait and the avatar is the in-game model /effects. Thanks for the screenshot to clarify. I'll file the bug but due to it having no effect on gameplay we may have to prioritize other bugs / features over it for a while.

IntoTheDusk 04-30-2013 04:05 PM

So you're that riot guy I encountered in ranked. You were vi, no? We all thought you weren't a real rioter.

Anyways I'm on the mac version and I don't see this distortion.

Brentmeister 04-30-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntoTheDusk (Hozzászólás 37262959)
So you're that riot guy I encountered in ranked. You were vi, no? We all thought you weren't a real rioter.

Anyways I'm on the mac version and I don't see this distortion.

Interesting! Can you post your system specs?