League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Pick Order or Call Order? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3308891)

Dotayy 04-05-2013 11:03 AM

Pick Order or Call Order?

For most people its Pick order when they are at top, and call order when they are bot.
That is a FACT.

Another Fact:
Summoner's code dictates that Pick Order trumps everything.

Another Fact:
If you want to win games, you would work with your team to figure out a best possible solution to what roles everyone should play instead of just playing your best role and getting someone stuck with their worst.

Its true that Pick Order trumps call, but its not bad to respect call order. You wont get shunned for respecting a call order. If anything you might even help your team win because you were willing to work with the team and not be stubborn. You did your second best role so someone could do their best instead of their worst role.

WORK WITH YOUR TEAM! **** pick order AND call order.
C O M M U N I C A T E!

Moon Rabbit 04-05-2013 11:05 AM

Pick order>call order

Some people know how to communicate because they want to win

Others

Not so much

Dotayy 04-05-2013 11:38 AM

Again, I agree that Pick Order > Call Order. Its in the summoner's code I think.

But if your team didnt talk and just picked their roles, you would lose.

Would you rather play whatever champ you want or win?

If you want to just play the champ you want, play normals not ranked. If you want to win, figure it out. It shouldnt be one way or the other.

FlippantFox 04-05-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotayy (Hozzászólás 36408442)
Another Fact:
Summoner's code dictates that Pick Order trumps everything.

Actually, this isn't a fact. That's why the whole thing is such a problem. Riot hasn't given any concrete stance on this matter other than "don't be a jerk."

KnightxSScarlett 04-05-2013 11:42 AM

The Summoner's Code says, "Work together", not "You can bully someone into taking a role just because you've already chosen".

Dotayy 04-05-2013 11:45 AM

Oh damn. Nice. I mean, theres a reason for that. And I look at all these posts of people trying to figure out whats better. Now I wonder if people understand WHY Riot was vague about it. I see the reason...why cant everyone else?

ChillxIGotThis 04-05-2013 12:07 PM

...it's in the Summoner's Code.

Supporting Your Team

Second paragraph: Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

Yourcatmolested 04-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillxIGotThis (Hozzászólás 36410287)
...it's in the Summoner's Code.

Supporting Your Team

Second paragraph: Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

You tried to prove a point that it should be Pick>Call, but you didn't. You just did the opposite. "try to fill", does not mean "as last pick you don't get any say in what lane you play"

Hebiki 04-05-2013 12:39 PM

Ranked: Pick order

Normal modes: Call order

Ranked the pick order isn't random

Yourcatmolested 04-05-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebiki (Hozzászólás 36411213)
Ranked: Pick order

Normal modes: Call order

Ranked the pick order isn't random

It's also not pick order either.