League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Mac Client (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Mouse cursor : disapear, move by itself. Not accurate (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287456)

bali33 03-31-2013 04:25 AM

Mouse cursor : disapear, move by itself. Not accurate

Hi,

I experience a lot of issue with the mouse cursor and it' only happened when I play LOL so I think it's related to it not my mac nor my mouse.

Regularly I have the mouse cursor that "jump" toward a new position when I just want to move it slightly. And sometimes the cursor seems to hide for a very few duration and just get back.

It's very annoying in a game like LOL. The "jump location" bug it's very annoying, because very often the jump reach the edge of the screen and the map start scrolling, so I lose the game visibility.

OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Proc 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3

GPU Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 Mo

Kyestrike 04-03-2013 07:06 AM

My mouse cursor disappears entirely and doesn't return until I quit league of legends. Its as if theres a higher power that wants me to be productive. :(

OS X 10.6.8

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

ShaunImprov 04-06-2013 03:24 PM

I connect my 15" Macbook Pro to a larger monitor. My mouse continued to disappear at random times during the game for no apparent reason and then I noticed something:

Everytime I play, I look at my desktop afterwards and there are multiple "untitled folders" recently created. I delete them, and then play and they get created one by one again. Sometimes the desktop info menu is open as well. The best I can guess is somehow as I'm clicking constantly during LOL, my mouse is sometimes clicking through the game to my desktop...? Or certain parts of the screen are not exclusively clicking LOL, so they are creating folders, etc. There must be a certain action that happens at some point that makes the mouse disappear.

Quick fix: For now, I hit escape, try and highlight the video settings and change it from "Full Screen" to "windowed". My mouse reappears, and I go back to full screen. This can require some time initially because you can't see your cursor to switch out of full screen mode.

Anyone who has further insight, please do share! I thought I would reply to this because I finally made the connection about all of these untitled folders.

TobiasX3 04-09-2013 04:18 PM

Lately I've been switching to borderless mode and setting it to the full resolution of my external monitor. Sometimes it has issues but it seems to have fixed the problem mostly.

m3ndi3 06-12-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaunImprov (Hozzászólás 36447167)
I connect my 15" Macbook Pro to a larger monitor. My mouse continued to disappear at random times during the game for no apparent reason and then I noticed something:

Everytime I play, I look at my desktop afterwards and there are multiple "untitled folders" recently created. I delete them, and then play and they get created one by one again. Sometimes the desktop info menu is open as well. The best I can guess is somehow as I'm clicking constantly during LOL, my mouse is sometimes clicking through the game to my desktop...? Or certain parts of the screen are not exclusively clicking LOL, so they are creating folders, etc. There must be a certain action that happens at some point that makes the mouse disappear.

Quick fix: For now, I hit escape, try and highlight the video settings and change it from "Full Screen" to "windowed". My mouse reappears, and I go back to full screen. This can require some time initially because you can't see your cursor to switch out of full screen mode.

Anyone who has further insight, please do share! I thought I would reply to this because I finally made the connection about all of these untitled folders.

I have same exact problem! I use dual monitors so border less mode is really glitchy.. Can Riot plz address this?

Brentmeister 06-12-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bali33 (Hozzászólás 36209283)
Hi,

I experience a lot of issue with the mouse cursor and it' only happened when I play LOL so I think it's related to it not my mac nor my mouse.

Regularly I have the mouse cursor that "jump" toward a new position when I just want to move it slightly. And sometimes the cursor seems to hide for a very few duration and just get back.

It's very annoying in a game like LOL. The "jump location" bug it's very annoying, because very often the jump reach the edge of the screen and the map start scrolling, so I lose the game visibility.

OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Proc 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3

GPU Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 Mo

Does your FPS drop during these times as well?
Are you using the software mouse? (default is no)
Do you use a macbook keyboard? I bump my trackpad all the time while playing if I don't use an external keyboard.

Brentmeister 06-12-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaunImprov (Hozzászólás 36447167)

Thanks this is really great information. Unfortunately I play in fullscreen and have never had this problem... what OS are you using? Are you using multiple monitors? Do you have any other programs that manipulate the mouse like Synergy?

ChlorrOfTheMask 06-13-2013 05:23 PM

I have had similar issues.

I play with dual monitors, league in full screen on my primary, with a bluetooth mouse. No additional mouse programs. I don't get it in every game, but when I do get it, just command + tab and back in fixes it. Though when it is in the middle of a team fight that isn't really an option.

Brentmeister 06-14-2013 12:23 PM

It would be useful information to know if everyone experiencing the disappearing mouse cursor has a bluetooth mouse. Seems like it could be a culprit. (Like if the mouse is lost from the game for a split second maybe we aren't recreating the cursor in the right place or something).

Dorotheus 06-16-2013 11:09 PM

I have a USB wired "Onn" mouse, I've never had this issue until JUST today. The best thing I can do is to restart my computer. I've unplugged it, replugged it and removed the mouse from my computer's information entirely, and restarting seems to be the only fix.

What makes it REALLY strange is that my trackpad still works just fine.
Also when I start another game the mouse starts working just as it did before and then goes back to once again jumping all over the place, once the game is over.

When the mouse glitches it is only after a game, and it makes the cursor to prefer to hang out on the edges of the screen. I also play in fullscreen, but again... I just started having this issue today, and I have played since the last patch was implemented.

EDIT: And now its not doing it... its very random seemingly.