League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Mac Client (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Starting up LoL after patches... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3271805)

NationOfHobbits 03-28-2013 08:42 AM

Starting up LoL after patches...

Hey,
First things first, I have really enjoyed the mac client and have had zero in game issues. It is truly a great product and I absolutely love it.

Now to my issue, its not a big one and it doesn't bother me but I just wanted to make you aware. (maybe you have already been notified of this issue).

After the last two patches I have downloaded on the mac client my League of Legends says that servers are unavailable, and yes, I have finished the download AFTER the servers and updates are finished and come back online. So I close out of League and try to start it back up except League wont even open up on my bar, the bar spreads apart like it is trying to open but I no longer see and League emblems. This has only happened after each of the last two patches (todays and the last one two weeks ago). So I delete league and redownload the entire thing, which takes me about an hour or so.

Anyway I am just curious to see if anyone else has this issue, or if Riot knows of something to help fix this? I would try to show you my logs but I cant even open up league until after I have it downloaded again and League runs just fine then.

Dataslave 03-28-2013 05:43 PM

Honestly, the servers have been up and down all day long; Sometimes this can happen on patch days. While you can do with your bandwidth and time what you wish, I wouldn't worry about deleting and re-downloading the client just because you can't log on during a patch day.

That said, the "bouncing on your dock and not doing anything" bug for the mac client is a fairly rare one, but I've seen more people reporting it today than in the past 3 weeks. Definitely post your OS crash log, to help them track down the issue.

Brentmeister 03-28-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalcyon (Hozzászólás 36070030)
Hey,
First things first, I have really enjoyed the mac client and have had zero in game issues. It is truly a great product and I absolutely love it.

Now to my issue, its not a big one and it doesn't bother me but I just wanted to make you aware. (maybe you have already been notified of this issue).

After the last two patches I have downloaded on the mac client my League of Legends says that servers are unavailable, and yes, I have finished the download AFTER the servers and updates are finished and come back online. So I close out of League and try to start it back up except League wont even open up on my bar, the bar spreads apart like it is trying to open but I no longer see and League emblems. This has only happened after each of the last two patches (todays and the last one two weeks ago). So I delete league and redownload the entire thing, which takes me about an hour or so.

Anyway I am just curious to see if anyone else has this issue, or if Riot knows of something to help fix this? I would try to show you my logs but I cant even open up league until after I have it downloaded again and League runs just fine then.

Are you running from a pinned icon in the dock? Try running from finder instead. Just go to /Applications and double-click the icon there.

NationOfHobbits 03-29-2013 06:23 AM

I am not running from a pinned icon on the dock. I waited a couple weeks after the release of the full mac client before downloading it and installing it on my mac so that I would have the chance for all initial errors to clear out and to read up on some bugs if something were to happen to me. I had read about opening only from the applications folder and so that is the only way I have been launching League of Legends.

MarkVion 03-31-2013 08:47 PM

I have been having a similar problem where I opened League of Legends from my applications folder and it said that there was another launcher running at the same (I haven'y played LoL the entire day) So first, between the two options given (Close and Terminate) I clicked closed and it closed and quit. Next, I re-opened the app and it said that there was another launcher running but this time I clicked terminate yet nothing happened. So I had to right click the icon on the dock and quit the app that way. Since then when I try to open the Launcher, it comes onto my dock for a quick second and then disappears. The only way I have been able to fix this is by removing the app and then reinstalling it.

nocturnhabeo 03-31-2013 09:17 PM

Even more hardcore open a terminal window navigate to your applications folder by typing
cd /Applications

Then type
./Leag
and hit tab then enter. if nothing appears after the first tab you either got it wrong or you should type in a bit more of the name. You can see a list of all applicable auto completes by hitting tab twice.

zomdomdom 04-05-2013 06:44 PM

anyways, league of legend, why does it take so much time to download the game? it takes 24hours at least, and most of the time it says unspecified error occurred. is this problem only on mac? why is the downloading lo slow? and why does it always say in the end unspecified error occured? i can't play the game!