League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Need some help with my Ziggs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3268125)

POW Head Shot 03-27-2013 08:33 AM

Need some help with my Ziggs

Hey guys, i'm having a little trouble with my mid ziggs. first off here is my build

21/0/9 masteries

magic pen reds
AP/18 yellows
AP/18 blues
Flat AP quints

I generally dominate my lane early, get a few kills once my Q hits Lv 3 or so bc i dont think my opponenets expect the amount of damage on such a short CD poke.

Generally i'll end the laning phase 5/0 or 6/0 somewhere around there. My problem is once team fights start, im ALWAYS focused first and die extremely quick. i try escaping the fight with my w to jump away and e to cover where ever i land so they cant follow. but i always end up dying.

Here's my item build

Dorans ring
boots
dorans ring
sorc boots
large rod
deathcap
Unholy Grail
lichbane
void staff
Zhonya;s

Is this build ok? how can i tweek it?

Goroke 03-27-2013 10:08 AM

I guess you should swap out some of your runes for a bit of surviability with MR or even Armor, but from what you are saying and how good you are doing in early game...It shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm guessing that it may be your playstyle rather than your build that is causing some of your downfall.

Stick with the usual rules of playing AP Mid in late game. Stay out and safe, poke them down with Q. If they get close, scare them off with E to zone them out. If they get too close to you, and you are confident about your damage (Especially seeing how decked out in AP you are in Runes and you're "doing fine"in early game), stand your ground and burst them down. I have countless events when I simply spammed all my skills in one focus (along with the passive AutoAttack) and killed them right on the spot before they got me!

Also, you always have the option to use his ult to shave down the enemy's team at the start of a teamfight. When they see their HP dwindle down by a quarter, or even half the amount with the ultimate at the start of the fight, they can't help but to panic for a second while your team bombs them down.

Malicious Leaf 03-27-2013 03:44 PM

Most guides that I have read mention staying safe and out of a team fight as one of your main priorities. If you don't want to change your runes I suggest that you stay back and bounce your q's and place your e's in the fight. Ult in to clean up? w's to escape over a wall?

Master Gorgonio 04-10-2013 04:19 PM

well try this in a team fight block exits from the opponents and stay back and when all are on low health ult to help your team if u have trouble getting away I suggest use your teleport spell and your exhuast

Master Gorgonio 04-10-2013 04:21 PM

well 2 get away from enemies use teleport and exhaust and ult when enemies are at their weakest and try pinging

PeanutSoup 04-10-2013 09:50 PM

Gorgonio has spoken.

Ruthless Sophie 04-11-2013 10:03 AM

Try Never leveling W until you have no other choice ^^ or take it once early it's really no good when you can just drop E ontop of yourself as peel if you get jumped on.

R>Q>E>W bouncing back and forth between Q and E.

GreatDaimyo 04-12-2013 09:40 AM

I typically don't give Ziggs Zhonya. I have the same build except I replace that with Rylai's Crystal Scepter. You lose out on armor but get 500HP in return (Defense is somewhat useless without HP to spare anyway) but also because the scepter makes your skills slow enemies as well, so if you're running away you don't have to just rely on your E and W to escape. Just bomb em with Q to do serious damage and slow them down.

Also if you do so well earlier on, then you may wanna get Mejai's early on since it's so cheap.

Brent Schroeder 04-12-2013 09:41 AM

If you're getting focused, go Zhonya's earlier, I'd say.